300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
    True, it is. Hopefully anyone who was serious about wanting the job began preparing a LONG time ago, so I don't feel bad for those that aren't physically ready. Two weeks is a lot of time to arrange a bus or train ticket, or rent a car if needed. I know when I got the letter to appear in Albany, I was so happy I could have ran there.....
    No worries on the physical preparation aspect. I was just hoping for a decent amount of time to get the plane ticket so I won't have to pay an arm or leg. But, if I have to, then I'm ready.

Comment

• I don't envy the plane tickets! This whole process will definately cost you but will be worth it in the end. I also know what it's like to get ready physically. As soon as I got my score back many moons ago, I realized I was getting called for the first class, so I worked hard starting that day. I lost 38 pounds in 6 months and got into decent shape. I joined a local fitness center. Every morning, I spent 30 minutes on the sationary bike, 30 minutes on the rowing machine, and 30 minutes on the stair climber. Then I did about 10 laps in the pool. Then I'd goto work and school. At night, I would run for an hour. Distance and speed got better as I went, but I stuck to the the one-hour limit. Along with all that, I changed my diet drastically, eating cereal in the morning (no more bacon, eggs, and hash browns), salads for lunch (no more McD's), and a healthier dinner (had to eat mom's cooking, just did it in moderation). No soda allowed at all (THAT was TOUGH!). Stuck to water, and an occasional glass of milk. I would take a slight break on Sundays from the regiment (let the body rest), but otherwise was religious about it. Right or wrong, it worked for me. It is amazing what someone can accomplish when they commit to it. Nowadays, it would take me more motivation to do this. Maybe, say, Julia Roberts, waiting for me after the PT test???
      Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
      American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

...Nowadays, it would take me more motivation to do this. Maybe, say, Julia Roberts, waiting for me after the PT test???
        I've heard that she has a thing for Stetsons and men in gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
          I've heard that the dorm rooms at the academy are all getting refrigerators. No need to bring your own now.

Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag, SDT. I figured this was as good a time as any.
          For the last couple of classes, I have been publishing a long list of things to bring, and not to brings. I'll be sure to do it again, just so they know.

I was just there, so I have the latest 411.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I don't envy the plane tickets! This whole process will definately cost you but will be worth it in the end. I also know what it's like to get ready physically. As soon as I got my score back many moons ago, I realized I was getting called for the first class, so I worked hard starting that day. I lost 38 pounds in 6 months and got into decent shape. I joined a local fitness center. Every morning, I spent 30 minutes on the sationary bike, 30 minutes on the rowing machine, and 30 minutes on the stair climber. Then I did about 10 laps in the pool. Then I'd goto work and school. At night, I would run for an hour. Distance and speed got better as I went, but I stuck to the the one-hour limit. Along with all that, I changed my diet drastically, eating cereal in the morning (no more bacon, eggs, and hash browns), salads for lunch (no more McD's), and a healthier dinner (had to eat mom's cooking, just did it in moderation). No soda allowed at all (THAT was TOUGH!). Stuck to water, and an occasional glass of milk. I would take a slight break on Sundays from the regiment (let the body rest), but otherwise was religious about it. Right or wrong, it worked for me. It is amazing what someone can accomplish when they commit to it. Nowadays, it would take me more motivation to do this. Maybe, say, Julia Roberts, waiting for me after the PT test???
              WHAT NO PROTEIN????

Seriously though good work, just to make sure you don't go catabolic while dieting I would recommend at least over 125 grams of protein a day while dieting. And more lifting less cardio to retain muscle strength. I was a personal trainer in college, <3 egg whites.

Comment

It is amazing what someone can accomplish when they commit to it. Nowadays, it would take me more motivation to do this. Maybe, say, Julia Roberts, waiting for me after the PT test???
                Monetary physical fitness bonus isn't motivating? ha ha

Just like you, when I realized how low my number was I had to commit to an all out program. I've lost about 39 pounds in a little over 2 months and lost 12% body fat. I've gone from a 40 inch waist to a 34 inch waist and it's absolutely amazing to me that I could accomplish this. I'm very excited for the physical fitness assessment as it will provide some sort of gratification for all of this hard work.

Comment

• Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
                  WHAT NO PROTEIN????

Seriously though good work, just to make sure you don't go catabolic while dieting I would recommend at least over 125 grams of protein a day while dieting. And more lifting less cardio to retain muscle strength. I was a personal trainer in college, <3 egg whites.

I'm with the SUBWAY diet all the way! SUBWAYYYYYY... Eat Fresh!

(totally kidding)

Comment

• Protein was during mom's homecooked meals at night. Not saying I had any knowledge about what I was doing, but it worked. Knowing what I know now, I would have consulted a trainer - then again, I was broke in those days also.
                    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                      Anyone working the Fair?
                      From what I hear the Fair sucks now and unless I'm forced... I would never take that detail.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Maybe Sept 13th?

I dunno, just a hunch.
                        SDT, based on your hunch..... would you say its safe to buy a plane ticket for that weekend?
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                          I'm with the SUBWAY diet all the way! SUBWAYYYYYY... Eat Fresh!

(totally kidding)
                          Thats a great diet...hahaha
                          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                            Well at looks like I'm in for 12 days of suck then , and I guess I won't be seeing you there, Anyone else?
                            Never been and no desire to go. They involuntarily drafted two from my station for the fair. Apparently it is a blast if you get the right area to cover, but the senior guys get first pick and the junior guys get the sucky spots to cover.

Enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              SDT, based on your hunch..... would you say its safe to buy a plane ticket for that weekend?
                              No, and don't go out and buy any new suits either.

Nothing firm yet.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                No, and don't go out and buy any new suits either.

Nothing firm yet.
                                New suit....me? I'm way to cheap for that! I was planning on wearing the one my old man wore to the prom
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6820 users online. 351 members and 6469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X