Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i heard that they're going to let us working on christmas wear santa hats instead of our stetsons....

Comment

• I heard that y'all who may get called early on the list better be ready by the first few weeks of September for a physical assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
        I heard that y'all who may get called early on the list better be ready by the first few weeks of September for a physical assessment.
        Maybe Sept 13th?

I dunno, just a hunch.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• wow, that soon...
          Last edited by cadetlinux; 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            Maybe Sept 13th?

I dunno, just a hunch.
            Thats the day I go on terminal leave!
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I've heard that SDT is running for Governor.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                I've heard that the dorm rooms at the academy are all getting refrigerators. No need to bring your own now.

Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag, SDT. I figured this was as good a time as any.

How exactly is the NYSP Academy laid out? Do you stay there during the week and have weekends off? I'm not eligible to being processing until January ( I still have about 10 months left on active duty), so I am "hoping" to process for the fall 2009 class, if there is one......

My condolences also for the situation up in Ogdensburg, my thoughts go out to his family...

Comment

• What kind of notice will they give us before the PAT, assuming you get the letter? Some of us don't live around the corner, and would have to make travel arrangements.

Comment

• They typically call 1000 for processing, but if they are taking holdovers from last test I guess that could be lower.

The academy is definitely a live in type academy, the weekends are your time to catch up, polish, study, sleep a little, and maybe say hi to the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      i heard that they're going to let us working on christmas wear santa hats instead of our stetsons....
                      That's been done.....
                      Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                      American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by tacstar View Post
                        What kind of notice will they give us before the PAT, assuming you get the letter? Some of us don't live around the corner, and would have to make travel arrangements.
                        Very short notice sometimes. I had 2 weeks notice. If you start walking now, you should be able to make it across the state,,,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          They typically call 1000 for processing, but if they are taking holdovers from last test I guess that could be lower.
                          If I recall correctly, it depends on the size of the class they're trying to put in. I believe they call about 10 people for every seat in the class. If the class is 150, they'll call 1500. I'm not sure if there's been a number published for the next class yet. We'll probably find out soon though, if the PAT is in September.

Last time I got called for a PAT for NYSP, I had JUST three weeks notice.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Standing Tall and hxd. 2 or 3 weeks is relatively short notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by tacstar View Post
                              Thanks for the info Standing Tall and hxd. 2 or 3 weeks is relatively short notice.
                              True, it is. Hopefully anyone who was serious about wanting the job began preparing a LONG time ago, so I don't feel bad for those that aren't physically ready. Two weeks is a lot of time to arrange a bus or train ticket, or rent a car if needed. I know when I got the letter to appear in Albany, I was so happy I could have ran there.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                                Hopefully anyone who was serious about wanting the job began preparing a LONG time ago, so I don't feel bad for those that aren't physically ready.
                                For this exam, I started just over a year ago. I let myself go. A LOT. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting better. And is seems like my gains in the last month or so have been more than the last six. I'm just thankful I have another year (probably) before they call my number.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now. If I get DQ'd or non-selected, it will NOT be because of something I have control over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11220 users online. 450 members and 10770 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X