Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    Hey all.

My wife just accepted a new position in the White Plains area and we are moving back to NY (thank god). When I lived up there 5 years ago I lived in city and that is not an option with 2 kids and large dog.

Anyone know any nice towns in Rockland/Westchester (or even Putnam/Orange) area that we can buy 3-4br place for 500Kish + or -?

Also - Good schools are very important and safe area a must. I know this is not the proper forum so please send a PM w/ any info...thanks all.

UP_ON_BASE
    Sent you a PM.

Comment

• :::YAWN:::

What happened to this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
        :::YAWN:::

Wait till processing letters come out.....
        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• SP Ogdensburg...there was a terrible incident today. I do NOT know the full details. I do know who the trooper is, but I am not posting it on here until the family has been notified. Here is the article. Please say a prayer for them and their families...thank you.

Two people are dead including a State Trooper after being electrocuted near the Ogdensburg Prescott International Bridge late this afternoon.

The bridge is closed right now and traffic is being diverted.

The accident involved an antique fire truck returning to Canada after participating in show in the Syracuse area.

The fire truck got two flat tires on the access road to the bridge and the state trooper stopped to help.

The ladder on the fire truck had to be raised to level the antique fire truck out.

While a jack was being used to raise the fire truck to fix the flat tire, the ladder lowered striking a 7,620 volt power line.

It is unclear whether the ladder slid or the driver hit the button to lower it.

The trooper and the man driving the truck were both electrocuted and died instantly.

The man driving the fire truck was returning home to the Ottawa area.

State Police and Ogdensburg City Police are still on the scene investigating and expect to be there for awhile.

State Police are bringing in investigators from the Albany area.

Wade Davis of the Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority says power to the administration building is out as well as power to the nearby radio station Q Country.

7News Reporter John Friot is there and will have more on 7News Tonight at 11.

Check back here for updates later this evening.

Comment

• RIP Trooper
            sigpic

Comment

• I worked with him a lot over the years. A great guy and perfect gentleman who loved the job. Not enough good things can be said of him. A sad tragedy....
              Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
              American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• RIP Trooper, My Prayers to the family.
                Last edited by STXHammer; 08-04-2008, 01:06 AM.
                When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• This is very unfortunate news. My prayers are with Trooper Snow, his family and his friends. May God rest his soul. Thank you for your service, RIP.
                  Last edited by MB Troop; 08-04-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

This is very unfortunate news. My prayers are with Trooper Snow, his family and his friends. May God rest his soul. Thank you for your service, RIP.
                    Second that.

Comment

• Originally posted by STXHammer View Post
                      RIP Trooper, My Prayers to the family.
                      Thoughts are with him and the fmaily
                      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Prayers for his family. RIP Sir.
                        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

• RIP Tpr Snow. God Bless his family.

Comment

• I have been in Maryland camping all week and did not hear the news until today. Just wanted to add my condolences to the ones already posted.

Comment

:::YAWN:::

Maybe we start posting the "rumors" we are hearing about the new contract... that would keep things interesting
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                Maybe we start posting the "rumors" we are hearing about the new contract... that would keep things interesting
                                I've heard that the dorm rooms at the academy are all getting refrigerators. No need to bring your own now.

Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag, SDT. I figured this was as good a time as any.
                                Last edited by hxd; 08-08-2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11336 users online. 400 members and 10936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X