300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
    I received a phone call from the local recruiter today as well. He pretty much just told me exactly what every one else has been saying, that the list has been extended, and asked me if I would still be interested. I told him I'd think about it and call him back LOL.

So I guess I'm a believer now!

woooooo-hoooooooooooo!

Comment

• haven't been on here in a while, what have I miss?
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        haven't been on here in a while, what have I miss?
        Wow, you missed a lot.

cadetlinux has been hired. GrayState has been promoted. He's a SGT now.

I've been named Deputy Superintendent of the NYSP.

You really ought to come around more often.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          Wow, you missed a lot.

That's pretty good, I'm happy for all of you.
          I knew all my children would have successful careers in NYSP.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• After reading an article in the NY Post today, I am hoping that the topic won't have too much affect on us. However, I can't pretend and say its not a concern to me.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07282008...run_121880.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
              After reading an article in the NY Post today, I am hoping that the topic won't have too much affect on us. However, I can't pretend and say its not a concern to me.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07282008...run_121880.htm
              It is already affecting things, like it or not. Decisions are being made everyday now with thoughts of where the money is going to come from. When my class came through MANY years ago, they warned us that we were slated to be laid off from the Academy if the budget did not pass. Haven't heard anything like that nowadays, but you never know........
              Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
              American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Hopefully this economy will turn itself around and head upwards slowly but surely. The only thing one can do now is remain positive and optomistic. If it doesn't, I'm willing to work for free throughout the entire academy. I'm sure many would.

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                  Hopefully this economy will turn itself around and head upwards slowly but surely. The only thing one can do now is remain positive and optomistic. If it doesn't, I'm willing to work for free throughout the entire academy. I'm sure many would.
                  Whoa, you would work for free during the academy... What about after the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
                    Whoa, you would work for free during the academy... What about after the academy?
                    If need be, I would work the academy for free. The reason being is that it is training and that is a lesson that you can take with you for the rest of your life.
                    As far as after the academy, I would like/need to get paid lol. Thank you very much.

Comment

• Wow, you missed a lot.

Congradulations all around.

Stay strong up there, it's not like the economy can get any worse...

M-11
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• I haven't heard anything, but it's new news.

I'll keep my ear to the ground.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Newsday mentions a hiring freeze in the following article from today...
                          http://www.newsday.com/news/local/st...,7519394.story

Comment

• Will Hiring Freeze Impact Police Protection? Detour Road Projects?
                            Reported by: Patrice Walsh

(New York State) - Hiring freezes are nothing unusual for businesses or government, but a hard hiring freeze is now in effect: no new workers can be hired without state approval and there will be workforce reductions across the board.

A hiring freeze will save the state money by eliminating jobs through attrition and layoffs. But could it also detour road projects?

"We haven't heard yet,” said Lori Maher of the DOT. “Once we know, we'll make that public."

What about public safety? Though the governor said he hesitates to cut police or emergency services, he still said that nothing is off the table. "We're looking at all the agencies.”

The State Police Benevolent Association released a statement, part of which is below:

“During past hiring freezes, N.Y. State troopers have been deemed absolutely essential positions, which Governor Paterson listed as the only exception to this possible hiring freeze. We will certainly be advocating for this continued prudent approach, as millions of New Yorkers rely on our dedicated troopers for highway safety and police protection. Our state troopers save lives, and New York State has always recognized that you cannot put a price tag on safety and security.”

Governor Paterson says he will listen to concerns about why jobs and services shouldn't be cut, as long as people offer alternatives.

The governor said he will outline a plan to reduce the state workforce sometime next week.

He said the actions he proposed will save the state $630 million. He’s asking lawmakers to reconvene in August to cut $600 million more.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...8-701ae27e0cbb

Comment

• Because this post has already been quoted elsewhere...

The above post is just one of MANY different answers to the question that's on everyone's minds. Keep in mind, I quoted an article from the news media. Patrice Walsh tries to get it mostly right most of the time. I'm sure there are others here whom will come along with "official" information as it becomes available. Fact is, it just isn't available yet.

Please don't take my post as gospel.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                                “During past hiring freezes, N.Y. State troopers have been deemed absolutely essential positions, which Governor Paterson listed as the only exception to this possible hiring freeze. We will certainly be advocating for this continued prudent approach, as millions of New Yorkers rely on our dedicated troopers for highway safety and police protection. Our state troopers save lives, and New York State has always recognized that you cannot put a price tag on safety and security.”
                                http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...8-701ae27e0cbb
                                I'm going to hold on to these words and hope for the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8712 users online. 426 members and 8286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X