300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
    SO now, the question is are they going to run a small class of 45-50 right after the class that is in now ends (sometime in October), or are they going to attach you to the next list with a larger class, combining the next list. I have heard of a January, maybe February start time for that one. We'll see though. That is a realistic time-frame though, considering the processing time involved. Hmmmmm..............
    There is plenty of time to have a large class in the fall, if that's what is decided. We can easily process 200 people by then if we had to do so.

Of course, a large class would be a mixture of old list people with new list people, but I don't see anything wrong with that.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I am actually hoping that they go for a small class of the last 46 for the next academy. I am also hoping that the class can go in soon after the current academy graduates. The reasoning behind my hopes for the smaller class of 46 in the next academy is so that there shouldn't be any budget issues with 46 recruits, thus delaying the process even further.

It took an entire year (actually, over 12 months) for us to process from the beginning PAT to the end MEDICAL, until the academy start date. Therefore, if they intend to mix it up with new list recruits and old list recruits, I believe that would really delay the next academy start date, etc.

Nothing against the candidates on the new list (I'm on that list too!) Just my point of view and it seems to make some sense to me... and perhaps others in the same boat?

In the mean time, Good Luck and lets hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
        Rangers will have a tough season.... You should take some of those vacation days and take a trip hahaha
        3 words...Jagr come back!!!

Comment

• In my opinion there will most likely be a mixed class sometime around January/February.

Comment

• That seems like a long time, what makes you think they won't have a class until then?

Comment

• Anybody have any tricks beside vics under your nose for an unattended.
              Went to a house that the unattended was there for a month.

Comment

• Find a rook to send in...

I carry a small spray can of Ozium in my bag. It works as well as Vick's but isn't greasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                  Anybody have any tricks beside vics under your nose for an unattended.
                  Spray yourself with OC, works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    Spray yourself with OC, works every time.
                    OC just a spice I put on my sandwich! No effect on me! During the academy they sprayed me four times then just told me to go through the course.

Comment

OC just a spice I put on my sandwich! No effect on me! During the academy they sprayed me four times then just told me to go through the course.
                      I heard about you!

Comment

Anybody have any tricks beside vics under your nose for an unattended.
                        I actually bought a special filtered mask through my local safety supply store for about $40.00. I got the organic filter for it, which filters out any smells from anything organically produced. Works perfectly for the really bad unattendeds.
                        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                          That seems like a long time, what makes you think they won't have a class until then?
                          I heard physical fitness testing will begin in either mid or late September. Considering backgrounds, medicals, psych testing, polys, and etc... I think that is pretty realistic. Considering the budget the way it is right now, they are not going to pay people overtime to rush through the processing to get a new class going. Just my thoughts though.
                          Last edited by Standing_Tall; 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM.
                          Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                          American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• I've heard September from some people on other sites for the physical as well. Considering no one has received letters yet this sounds pretty likely to me.

Comment

• I received a phone call from the local recruiter today as well. He pretty much just told me exactly what every one else has been saying, that the list has been extended, and asked me if I would still be interested. I told him I'd think about it and call him back LOL.

So I guess I'm a believer now!

Comment

• Best of Luck...I'd love for all you to get in as long as I make the first class as well!!! So i'm rooting for you conditionally, ha ha!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11008 users online. 399 members and 10609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X