Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
      I was one of the "rejects" from the last processing. In other words I successfully made it through the processing and then they had budget cuts (according to my recruiter). I received a call from her today stating that the list from 2004 WILL be used for the next class. This is good news. She asked me if I was still interested which I said yes to. She said I would have to do a background update and possibly a medical update. A letter should follow. Hope everyone else receives a phone call as well.

I understand that there are about 46 people in this situation.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        And on that note...GO RANGERS!
        A liitle early, or late.

We happen to be in the 7 day period between seasons, LOL.

Isn't that how much time there is between seasons?
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          A liitle early, or late.

We happen to be in the 7 day period between seasons, LOL.

Isn't that how much time there is between seasons?
          Pretty much Sarge, but it still feels like forever for me though.

The 2008-09 schedule just came out. The Rangers start of the season against Tampa Bay on October 4th. They're playing on the other side of the pond though in Prague (Pittsburgh and Ottawa are playing in Stockholm). PS. So much for going to the opener this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            I understand that there are about 46 people in this situation.
            Yes. She told me around 40-50. She said they may just use us since we are all processed.

Comment

• hello

Hey everyone, long time “lurker” here. Just want to say hello and congratulate the folks who scored well on their exam. While I am currently employed in the private sector, I have always dreamed about a career in law enforcement. When my canvassing letter came though for the previous NYSP exam (about 1.5 years ago), the timing was just off, and due to a recent promotion with my current employer, I felt obligated to not rock the boat with a career change (I contacted the recruiter via email and explained the situation).

Anyways, I noticed a comment made by GreyPatriot and FutureTpr last week on the subject of a position with the New York State Park Police. I have always wanted to become a Trooper, but the Park Police does seem like a great deal.

Does anyone have any information regarding an upcoming Park Police exam? Speaking with a buddy of mine in law enforcement, it sounds like their exam is setup with the local and county civil service examinations. When do they usually announce these exams?

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Comment

I was one of the "rejects" from the last processing. In other words I successfully made it through the processing and then they had budget cuts (according to my recruiter). I received a call from her today stating that the list from 2004 WILL be used for the next class. This is good news. She asked me if I was still interested which I said yes to. She said I would have to do a background update and possibly a medical update. A letter should follow. Hope everyone else receives a phone call as well.
                As one of the 46 myself I hope this is the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                  Pretty much Sarge, but it still feels like forever for me though.

The 2008-09 schedule just came out. The Rangers start of the season against Tampa Bay on October 4th. They're playing on the other side of the pond though in Prague (Pittsburgh and Ottawa are playing in Stockholm). PS. So much for going to the opener this year!
                  Rangers will have a tough season.... You should take some of those vacation days and take a trip hahaha
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                    As one of the 46 myself I hope this is the truth.
                    I'd have to assume its true if she actually called me. But as you and I both know , only time will tell. I am going about my business as usual but just stepping up the running/pushups/sit-ups a little so I am prepared. If anything, these past year and a half of processing has gotten my *** into shape.

Comment

I'd have to assume its true if she actually called me. But as you and I both know , only time will tell. I am going about my business as usual but just stepping up the running/pushups/sit-ups a little so I am prepared. If anything, these past year and a half of processing has gotten my *** into shape.
                      Yeah I would assume it's the truth also, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch as they say. Getting my hopes up once and having them let down once was enough for me to learn my lesson, I'm sure your in the exact same boat.

Comment

I recieved a phone call as well, I was under the assumption that it was a definite. Hopefully so. Us 46 all know how the 4 years of waiting felt.

Good luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                          I recieved a phone call as well, I was under the assumption that it was a definite. Hopefully so. Us 46 all know how the 4 years of waiting felt.

Good luck to all
                          Did you contact your recruiter also, or did you just get a call out of the blue?

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post

Good luck to all

Yes we do!! If and when we get in... it will all be worth it. Hearing that good news was like hearing angels singing lol. I hope they send out those letters soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                              Did you contact your recruiter also, or did you just get a call out of the blue?
                              I recieved the phone call out of the blue on thurs afternoon. Best phone call I've ever recieved It was one of the most unexpected as well. It came up unavailable on the caller id, almost didn't answer. Thank god I did

Comment

• SO now, the question is are they going to run a small class of 45-50 right after the class that is in now ends (sometime in October), or are they going to attach you to the next list with a larger class, combining the next list. I have heard of a January, maybe February start time for that one. We'll see though. That is a realistic time-frame though, considering the processing time involved. Hmmmmm..............
                                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10242 users online. 333 members and 9909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X