• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decker,

just sent you an email

Comment

• Hey all, anyone else hear anything?

My BI packet just went to Albany....I am getting anxious now!

Anyone in the same boat?

Comment

• Military vets

Anyone who has the GI Bill should contact the VA about getting paid while you are in the acacdemy.... it is considered trade school and you can collect MGIB while you are in the academy.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• hey all, well i have hit a couple speed bumps from my BI.....it is my own fault but i was completely honest with them on everything so we'll what happens.

during my poly they asked how many beers had i had in one sitting....i said 15.....but i also said it was over a 12 hour period....i said i do this once a yr during a bachelor party, bbq, vacation, etc etc.....

they also asked, how many times had i drove after have some beers...i said 3 or 4 times in my life and that i usually go by the one beer an hour technique with an hour of no drinking before driving.

i am startign to feel like i was TO honest with them, they now say i am on the bubble for getting in because of this.

Anyone have any insight on this...did i kill my chances for getting in?
          Last edited by bg35; 06-28-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bg35
            Wish I knew what to tell you! I have no idea how that will turn out...Personally, I feel that your honesty says more about you than any # of beers could! I hope it works out for you! Goodluck!

Comment

• Hey thanks Manroe...hopefully they will look at the complete package (great references, MBA, Military Officer, etc etc) instead of gettign caught up on that one thing!!!

We'll see what happens!

Comment

• Originally posted by bg35
                hey all, well i have hit a couple speed bumps from my BI.....it is my own fault but i was completely honest with them on everything so we'll what happens.

during my poly they asked how many beers had i had in one sitting....i said 15.....but i also said it was over a 12 hour period....i said i do this once a yr during a bachelor party, bbq, vacation, etc etc.....

they also asked, how many times had i drove after have some beers...i said 3 or 4 times in my life and that i usually go by the one beer an hour technique with an hour of no drinking before driving.

i am startign to feel like i was TO honest with them, they now say i am on the bubble for getting in because of this.

Honesty will set you free... It's better to be honest and be told that you should sign off on this class and try again next time than to get caught not telling the truth... you get caught... we just don't call you for anything further and you will not be allowed to process for us ever again.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• That is my hope, so we'll see how it goes!!

Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by fusionetworks
                    a class starts its voyage and everyone stops talking?
                    Yeah, I noticed that too. But I go away for 2 weeks and the thread is resurfaced. Good luck you guys waiting to hear.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• anyone hear anything yet?

my paperwork was sent up on the 30th of june....i havent gotten a rejection letter as of yet

Comment

• Originally posted by monj06
                        The other thought is, does the fact I have a wife and 18 month old child put strikes against me?

Thanks.
                        No it doesn't!
                        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Hello,
                          I recently came across this forum and am wondering if anyone can provide any insight? I processed at the end of April, had my BI, psych eval and passed the polygraph. I recently received a rejection letter and am surprised. I was 100% honest in the whole process and can't figure out what happened. My BI couldn't provide any thoughts, but did tell me he could not find anyone who could say anything negative about me. My only thoughts would be I didn't do so well on the psych evail, but how do I know this? The other thought is, does the fact I have a wife and 18 month old child put strikes against me?
                          Do I have any recourse or am I done? I appreciate any insight.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• Contact HR in Albany and see if you were DQed and not allowed to ever process again or if you can re-start the process.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the letter

Originally posted by monj06
                              Hello,
                              I recently came across this forum and am wondering if anyone can provide any insight? I processed at the end of April, had my BI, psych eval and passed the polygraph. I recently received a rejection letter and am surprised. I was 100% honest in the whole process and can't figure out what happened. My BI couldn't provide any thoughts, but did tell me he could not find anyone who could say anything negative about me. My only thoughts would be I didn't do so well on the psych evail, but how do I know this? The other thought is, does the fact I have a wife and 18 month old child put strikes against me?
                              Do I have any recourse or am I done? I appreciate any insight.
                              Thanks.
                              I don't really know anything about you to give you insight as to why they rejected you but they base their decision on not only what you have done bad in your life but they look at what you have accomplished with your life. They are looking for a certain type of person, you may have just not fit into what they are looking for. You will never get a straight answer as to why you didn't get in.

Having a child/wife or anything else that almost all troopers have has no bearing on your application, those things look good on an application (not bad).

At this point you may want to look at other employment opportunites, best of luck to you.

Comment

• Just heard a rumor that the medical exams are going to be in September. Anyone else hearing this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10285 users online. 453 members and 9832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X