300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
    I agree, why bother creating a new list if you still want to use the old one.
    I happen to disagree on this issue. However, whether we all agree or disagree doesn't really matter. The fact of the matter is that only Albany can determine what is to be done.

I, for one, hope they do put in people off of the old list in the next class since there are only a very few left (myself included)

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      I can't imagine there are more than 50 people who already processed (some multiple times) and the state already spent time/effort so they should give them a shot. If I waited four years and processed I would pray everyday for this outcome.

It would not be a good ROI to not let this small group move forward IMO.
      +1. Why spend all that time, money, and effort on these candidates to just bypass them. Some of my good friends who are very good Troopers were from the 2001 list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
        I can't imagine there are more than 50 people who already processed (some multiple times) and the state already spent time/effort so they should give them a shot.

My understanding is that the number is 46.

If that was a guess, it was a good one.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          My understanding is that the number is 46.

If that was a guess, it was a good one.
          I heard the same number from someone with an 'in' in Albany
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Well, I take back what I said if they've already been processed and are just waiting. But if they were to just keep processing people off of the old list, that'd be a different story

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
              John/GP-
              I've been around, but my head just hasn't been in the game. I've started training for my first 5k in late August. Two weeks ago, I ended up having a minor surgery on both legs, and that had me laid up for a while. I started running again last week, and after three days, did something to my right leg. I'm JUST getting over that now, and am planning on hitting the pavement again tomorrow. It seems like every time I get started, something else comes up.

I've buried three friends in as many weeks. Tomorrow, I'm going to calling hours for #4. He died last week while preparing to deploy. (Army 3rd Brigade, 2-27 Infantry) His mother is one of my partners on the ambulance.

On top of that, I'm helping some of my guys on the squad who worked a fatal crash over the weekend.

Suffice it to say, getting my exam results back hasn't been at the top of my priority list. They'll still be there when I'm ready.

And GrayPatriot - it looks like I may need a running coach. Interested?
              Sorry about your friends, My condolences.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                For all you runners out there that are interested in 5Ks and supporting a member of the NYSP family check this link out:

http://www.gaif.us/news.php#id=264

The run has been named in memory of Tim "the Ranger" Sullivan, father of Festival Director Matthew Sullivan, who passed away unexpectedly while out for a run on September 24th, 2007. Tim was an avid runner, outdoorsman and active committee member for the GAIF since its inception. He spent his life in service to others as a Marine Corps veteran and member of the New York State Police for 27 years. The race is dedicated to his memory and the memory of all of those who have proudly served.

Don't worry you don't have to be Irish to run in it, just don't expect everybody else to be running in a straight line.
                I like his last name.

Thats too bad that healthy people like that just die from running or jogging. Every once in a while you hear in the news or on the internet about people running in marathons and or just jogging on their own who unexpectedly collapse and die due to a heart attack.

Comment

• And if anyone is interested, here are a few more memorial runs:

Joseph Longobardo
                  John McKenna
                  Ricky Parisian

Comment

• I've done the Longobardo and the Parisian, the Parisian loss hit close to home way back when..

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      I heard the same number from someone with an 'in' in Albany
                      Maybe one of these guys with a "hook" can confirm or deny it

Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
                      I like his last name.

That’s too bad that healthy people like that just die from running or jogging. Every once in a while you hear in the news or on the internet about people running in marathons and or just jogging on their own who unexpectedly collapse and die due to a heart attack.
                      A A 24yr old marathoner died during the last Boilermaker around the 4 mile marker. This guy was an avid runner who had an undetected heart problem...

Comment

• On the way home today I saw a trooper having a little fun with the patrol car, The trooper was doing donuts in the sand LOL.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

A A 24yr old marathoner died during the last Boilermaker around the 4 mile marker. This guy was an avid runner who had an undetected heart problem...
                          Hearing these stories make me paranoid of ever running again.

Before I start running more frequently I'm going to get a extensive physical done including a stress test, EKG and all that just in case I ever drop dead during running and come to find out I had some heart condition I never knew about. It's always good to take precautions before running on a frequent basis.

You know what the heart problem of the guy who died? heart murmor? mitral valve prolapse? enlarged heart?
                          Last edited by Justice01; 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
                            Hearing these stories make me paranoid of ever running again.

Before I start running more frequently I'm going to get a extensive physical done including a stress test, EKG and all that just in case I ever drop dead during running and come to find out I had some heart condition I never knew about. It's always good to take precautions before running on a frequent basis.

You know what the heart problem of the guy who died? heart murmor? mitral valve prolapse? enlarged heart?
                            Just because you get a EKG done and everything doesn't mean that a heart problem will show. Sometimes/ Many times doctors have missed the signs.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                              Just because you get a EKG done and everything doesn't mean that a heart problem will show. Sometimes/ Many times doctors have missed the signs.
                              Thats true but its better then doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone truly knows the answer on this one yet. I'm also hearing along the same lines as you GrayPatriot with a likely August processing. Once again, no one really knows for sure. I just want to get the next step over and wait again...I'm ready for the PAT I could stand to lose a few more pounds/bodyfat but I've lost 35 in the last 6 weeks and can nail every event.
                                Last edited by cadetlinux; 07-17-2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9099 users online. 433 members and 8666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X