Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard approximately 22k. But I'm pretty sure that number is off. Or maybe I'm thinking about the last exam.

Comment

• ive heard numbers from 22k-29k...so who knows

Comment

• According to this news website,

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...storyID=696900

Some 19,000 thousand people took the NYSP exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          I really doubt NYSP will be doing any regraded/hand graded reviews. They have bigger things to worry about (not that your test is not important), if you are young enough test again in 4 years. If they do yours, then they will have to recheck other applicants...more work they probably don't want to do.

Who knows...maybe you will get on with a different agency and be very happy. There are soooo many factors in getting offered a spot, I might ace all the phases but might not be perceived as a good fit for NYSP and get rejected. It's a crap shoot IMO and you can't take it personal.

Good luck all...
          I know its a long shot, but I really have no idea why I did so poorly considering my results on other exams which were harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
            John/GP-
            I've been around, but my head just hasn't been in the game. I've started training for my first 5k in late August. Two weeks ago, I ended up having a minor surgery on both legs, and that had me laid up for a while. I started running again last week, and after three days, did something to my right leg. I'm JUST getting over that now, and am planning on hitting the pavement again tomorrow. It seems like every time I get started, something else comes up.

I've buried three friends in as many weeks. Tomorrow, I'm going to calling hours for #4. He died last week while preparing to deploy. (Army 3rd Brigade, 2-27 Infantry) His mother is one of my partners on the ambulance.

On top of that, I'm helping some of my guys on the squad who worked a fatal crash over the weekend.

Suffice it to say, getting my exam results back hasn't been at the top of my priority list. They'll still be there when I'm ready.

And GrayPatriot - it looks like I may need a running coach. Interested?
            Sorry to hear about your buddies!

Best running advice I can give is to go to http://coolrunning.com/ Most of the running experts go there.
            I just play one in the internet

Where is the 5K you are running?

Comment

• Looks like I've got a year and a half to two years to get my fat arse in shape for the PAT. My score was just shy of 90. My list number is within 200 of what it was when I took the exam last time. At least I'm consistent!

Maybe I'll reactivate my paperwork for NYPD for the January class and get a year or two under my belt before NYSP comes calling.

GrayPatriot-
              The 5k is the Fleet Feet Summerfest 5k/12k in Rochester on Aug 31. It's the culmination event for their coached "learn to run" program.

NYIllini-
              I'll be at the point where I can run a 5k by the end of the summer. You can be sure that I'll run that one next year.
              Last edited by hxd; 07-03-2008, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                Maybe I'll reactivate my paperwork for NYPD for the January class and get a year or two under my belt before NYSP comes calling.
                Many people in my class did this. Most of them did well at the NYSP academy. If you can handle the salary (and the 2 academies), this will help out in the long run.

Comment

• What is the latest news with the Long Island Expressway? Any Troopers know anything about this?

Comment

• For any Long Islanders out there... here are some links about the LI Expressway battle..

http://www.newsday.com/services/news...,1999000.story

http://www.newsday.com/services/news...,4353702.story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/su...,3157316.story

http://www.newsday.com/services/news...,5414955.story

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingOrange View Post
                      Oooh.... hopefully thats the case.....
                      Yes, it's the case.

If you were eligible to take the exam, you cannot age off the list.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Question

Is the hiring freeze still in effect for local pd's on NY? Im planning on moving up to warren county and wanted to get on with a local up there. I figured to do that and get the experience and then do NYSP. With my rank im thinking 2-2 1/2 years to i get called. Im only 21 so i got time to get into my dream job.
                        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                          Question

Is the hiring freeze still in effect for local pd's on NY? Im planning on moving up to warren county and wanted to get on with a local up there. I figured to do that and get the experience and then do NYSP. With my rank im thinking 2-2 1/2 years to i get called. Im only 21 so i got time to get into my dream job.

There is no hiring freeze for municipaities, at least not on a state-wide basis.

Some individual CTV's may have imposed one, but not because of the state hirning freeze. This wouldn't apply to municipalities.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                            Next year I hope to hit this one and the boiler maker.
                            The boilermaker is a fun run but it kinda sucks after the first 100yards or so
                            The first 4 miles are all up hill, then downhill for a mile and then back to the hills...

Sooooo, anyone else hear they might be adding the people from the old list who have already been processed to the new class? I heard it form a person who heard it from a person who heard it from a person, who... : p

Comment

• stricken from the record!
                              Last edited by THE POSTER; 12-27-2008, 07:40 AM. Reason: because

Comment

• I agree, why bother creating a new list if you still want to use the old one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9769 users online. 465 members and 9304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X