Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that pretty much answered my questions 100 percent... thanks.

Does anyone know where I can find the height/weight limitations? In the military, i've always been taped, but have passed the body composition. For the NYSP, I'm going to just drop my weight low enough where I don't have to worry about getting measured for bodyfat....

If a person scores in the 70th percentile during the initial PAT exam, does that put them in better standing as far as getting selected? Or again, is it simply a pass/fail on the checklist.
    Last edited by FightingOrange; 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• yo its all on nytrooper.com and how the hell can u do 100 sit ups but only run the 1.5 in 11 minutes that doesn't make sense. if u can do 100 situps u would be in much better cardiovascular shape and able to run faster. i can do 60 sit ups roughly and ran the 1.5 in 10:30 yesterday.

Comment

• I didn't see any of the height/weight requirements there.....

It's easy, i'm old! I also had knee surgery a few years back, so my run time has suffered.... At 6'2 and 225, I am definitely not a runner..... Situps have much more to do with your core strength, rather than your cardiovascular level of fitness really... Thats why the best way to improve your run, is to run.

Comment

• Don't worry about height/weight requirements or body fat %. If you can pass the PT test you will be fine!

Congrats to all those who scored well.

For those who didn't do so well don't be too discouraged. You may find your dream job in the meantime and how bad would you feel to process for 3-4yrs and then find out you didn't make it?

I think we are still waiting patiently on HXD (MR IAB) and Relis...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            Don't worry about height/weight requirements or body fat %. If you can pass the PT test you will be fine!

Congrats to all those who scored well.

For those who didn't do so well don't be too discouraged. You may find your dream job in the meantime and how bad would you feel to process for 3-4yrs and then find out you didn't make it?

I think we are still waiting patiently on HXD (MR IAB) and Relis...
            [email protected] being IAB.
            I haven't seen him online in a couple of days.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• The test scores and rankings you guys are posting are a lot different than the 2004 test. I got an 87 with a ranking of 1700, 2000 after the military tests all came back. I'm assuming the difference is due to the increase in veterans out there being able to use the 5 points. This is assuming the test is similar to the one I took. If they still haven't done the military supplementals then a lot of guys are going to get pushed back even further.

Going into the military is the best way to get on this job. Good luck guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
                The test scores and rankings you guys are posting are a lot different than the 2004 test. I got an 87 with a ranking of 1700, 2000 after the military tests all came back. I'm assuming the difference is due to the increase in veterans out there being able to use the 5 points. This is assuming the test is similar to the one I took. If they still haven't done the military supplementals then a lot of guys are going to get pushed back even further.

Going into the military is the best way to get on this job. Good luck guys.
                The scoring must be different because the highest score on my test was 92 or something and that was with military scores. My class was 50% military and most used their 5 or 10 points. So I am thinking a different scoring method...

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• I did rather well on the test. Does anyone know how the sit-ups are tested, hands behind head or arms across the chest or hands cupped behind ears? Any of you troopers have any idea of how long it will take to start processing the first class from this test? Your experience?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Thanks GrayState. I shouldn't have any problem, I just wanted to make sure they were right.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                          The PAT is pass/fail. Once you hit the required amount, they likely stop you from doing any more for sit-ups and push-ups. No point in expending more energy if it is pass fail... save it for the run.

However, go into the academy in better shape than the mere minimum. You'll be glad you did.

Definitely... I am in good shape now, but I want to be in superb shape. I can run 5-7 miles now, but i'd like to get close to the 10 mile mark if possible... My buddy is a trooper, and he didn't remember ever running more than 3-4 miles. He was also ex-military, and the academy wasn't nearly as grueling as bootcamp.

At 34 (provided I get through and make it into a class), I imagine I will be one of the older recruits, so I want to be able to smoke some of the kids who are 10-12 years younger than me

Comment

• John/GP-
                            I've been around, but my head just hasn't been in the game. I've started training for my first 5k in late August. Two weeks ago, I ended up having a minor surgery on both legs, and that had me laid up for a while. I started running again last week, and after three days, did something to my right leg. I'm JUST getting over that now, and am planning on hitting the pavement again tomorrow. It seems like every time I get started, something else comes up.

I've buried three friends in as many weeks. Tomorrow, I'm going to calling hours for #4. He died last week while preparing to deploy. (Army 3rd Brigade, 2-27 Infantry) His mother is one of my partners on the ambulance.

On top of that, I'm helping some of my guys on the squad who worked a fatal crash over the weekend.

Suffice it to say, getting my exam results back hasn't been at the top of my priority list. They'll still be there when I'm ready.

And GrayPatriot - it looks like I may need a running coach. Interested?

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers are with you and their families HXD.

Comment

• How many people took the test?

Anyone know the exact or close number of test takers?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6175 users online. 320 members and 5855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X