300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
    Well said. (I'm also impressed you guys aren't talking about specific questions, remember the military applicants will be taking this test very soon.)

Excellent point Phoenix...

REMEMBER: This is not our final ranking!

I know everyone is excited, but could we please not talk about how to answer questions?

I am 100% supportive of the 5 veterans points for the military guys/gals (even though it places me lower on the list), but I don't think it is very smart to be talking about the test at all unless it's through Private Messaging.

No offense, but I for one do not want to get knocked down on the list because people that have not taken it yet read on here tips on how to answer the questions.

Again, I support the military guys and gals, but come on, let's use some common sense here with posting

FYI: My Current Rank Score = 2934... After military testing it will no doubt be in the 3000s. Hopefully that will be good enough to get called for further processing inside 2-2.5 years. Only time will tell.

Comment

• what happens if you are not able to pass the height/weight test but are able to pass the PAT no problem ? doesnt make sense to not be able to advance if you you are able to pass the PAT...... also can someone put their process on hold if you are contacted for additional testing? (i will be going away for four months)

Comment

• you will be measured at the PAT but you do not need to hit weight standards until time of appointment. I'd get moving if you haven't already. Also..what are you going away for four months for? That will play into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
          you will be measured at the PAT but you do not need to hit weight standards until time of appointment. I'd get moving if you haven't already. Also..what are you going away for four months for? That will play into it.
          im in great shape its not a problem can hit everything on that with time to spare... im 6' 195 pounds which is why i ask.... going to fletc in 2 weeks for the next four months... im hoping they dont contact me until i get back

Comment

• You'll be fine, I doubt they reach your number in 4 months, and if you're under 18.9 percent bodyfat you are good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              I am ranked in the top 500 and answered the personality portion on how I felt, not all strongly agree/disagree. If I recall...I only answered strongly 10x.
              And thats kind of whats getting to me and why I'd like to see if I could get my scores regraded/hand graded.

I'd hate to get screwed because someone fed my scantron form in backwards or it was not lined up properly (I used to work for a school district, it happens).

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                And thats kind of whats getting to me and why I'd like to see if I could get my scores regraded/hand graded.

I'd hate to get screwed because someone fed my scantron form in backwards or it was not lined up properly (I used to work for a school district, it happens).
                I really wonder if that happened. I busted my rear end and studied for this exam and thought i did alot better than i did. I m just in shock about the score i received. but what can i do about it
                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I finally got my score. What a relief! I scored a 9x.xx and ranked 1xxx.

Congrats again to everyone who did well! For those who passed- you always have a chance...
                  Last edited by MB Troop; 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                    I finally got my score. What a relief! I scored 94.9 and ranked 1652.

Congrats again to everyone who did well! For those who passed- you always have a chance...

Nice job MB.... your just a little bit behind me. Hopefully we both get "the call" in the future...

Comment

• s> 90.35

r> 4382

For those of you who are discouraged about your scores. Let me offer my experience in the past. In 2001 I took the test and scored 147.83 out of 200 (That equates to 73.9%). I was ranked 7238.
                      In the summer of 2003 I received a letter requesting that I move on to the second phase (pt test I believe).
                      I turned the offer down due to already having accepted another position. However, that should give lots of us hope for this process. They got to me, 7238 within two years... not bad. Hang in there!

For those of you who want the secret to acing these tests, I don't believe there is one. Just do your best, and hope for the best. I failed the Buffalo Police exam, but got a 90 on this one.... I have no idea how that happened as I used the same test taking stradegy for both. Guess there may be some truth to the phrase, if it's meant to be, it will be.
                      2/7 - NYSP written test
                      5/3 - NFTA written test
                      5/23 - IEA written test

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

• I agree, I don't think there is a magic formula. Just answer each question honestly, and you should be fine.

I'm curious as to whether age can play a role when you get called? I'm 33 now, and i'll be 34 when I get out. I qualify for the age exemption due to my military service, but that only extends up to 36... Do they look at the age of applicants and think "damn, he's only got 2 years of eligibility, lets process him" or is just based on rankings? My ranking was pretty good at 1442, so it might be a moot point.

Comment

• FightingOrange,

According to the website, what matters is your age at the application deadline. So if you met the age requirement on December 1, 2007 (I think that's when it was), it doesn't matter how old you are when you get hired.

Comment

• Oooh.... hopefully thats the case.....

Comment

• Does anyone have any info regarding the guidelines for the PAT exam? It consists of the pushups, situps, and run.... which being in the Navy I am all to familiar with. Do they break it up into age brackets, like the military, or is it one simple cutoff for everyone, young and old.

I'm not worried about the numbers, on a bad day I can usually crank out 70 good pushups, 100 crunches and run the 1.5 mile in about 11 minutes... Just wanted to get some more guidance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingOrange View Post
                                Does anyone have any info regarding the guidelines for the PAT exam? It consists of the pushups, situps, and run.... which being in the Navy I am all to familiar with. Do they break it up into age brackets, like the military, or is it one simple cutoff for everyone, young and old.

I'm not worried about the numbers, on a bad day I can usually crank out 70 good pushups, 100 crunches and run the 1.5 mile in about 11 minutes... Just wanted to get some more guidance.
                                http://www.nytrooper.com/fitness_levels.cfm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8186 users online. 394 members and 7792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X