Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I debated on whether or not to claim my points now, but since this was my first test and my age approaching the cutoff point, I figured i'd better use them now.

    Comment


    • damn 5 points! That is huge for an exam like this. You guys deserve it though. Good Luck to everyone!

      Just out of curiosity for all the high 90 scorers, do you remember how you responded on the personality questions? Im just curious as to what the "ideal" trooper would say

      Comment


      • from what ive gathered through this thread and other forums youre supposed to answer stongly to all in one direction or the other...thats where most people go wrong.

        Comment


        • it doesnt matter what direction? haha it makes sense that they look for people who feel strongly on certain issues. Obviously they would not want shy introverted types.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fusionetworks View Post
            from what ive gathered through this thread and other forums youre supposed to answer stongly to all in one direction or the other...thats where most people go wrong.
            That would make sense... The last thing you would want is a bunch of ambivalent troopers roaming the highways...

            Comment


            • I just answered strongly agree or disagree as much as possible, I didn't put not sure a single time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                I just answered strongly agree or disagree as much as possible, I didn't put not sure a single time.


                I did the same thing. I'm positive I missed a few questions in the math portion....

                Comment


                • i answered probably 10 with agree/disagree...not strongly, wasnt a smart move ...but a 90.35 is a lot better than it could have been. Hopefully ill see a few of you in Albany in a couple years. grats on the amazing scores to the few of you tha have posted 99s!

                  Comment


                  • As I've had it explained to me, answering too strongly can be detrimental.

                    ie, if they ask if you agree that you're always on time, it is detrimental to say you always agree you are on time, since at times always (sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control) we are late.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                      As I've had it explained to me, answering too strongly can be detrimental.
                      I agree with this. I took a prep course which told us to answer all questions with strongly agree/disagree. I followed these instructions and as for my score, I will be patiently waiting for the next NYSP test in 2012. I was absolutely shocked this morning. I've also heard that the exam is graded 80% personality and 20% math/english. Anyone else have any input on the personality questions?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by patiently w8ing View Post
                        I agree with this. I took a prep course which told us to answer all questions with strongly agree/disagree. I followed these instructions and as for my score, I will be patiently waiting for the next NYSP test in 2012. I was absolutely shocked this morning. I've also heard that the exam is graded 80% personality and 20% math/english. Anyone else have any input on the personality questions?
                        We had a Lieutenant at our testing site just tell us to answer truthfully the first thing that comes to mind. That's basically what I did.
                        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

                        Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

                        New York State Police

                        Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

                        Comment


                        • 92.17.... 2986 rank.... doubt ill here anything for a few years .... thought i did a lot better i guess not

                          Comment


                          • i agree with you guys. i answered all strongly agree/disagree and i failed. i knew every single math /english question. i did same in suffolk and got 95

                            Comment


                            • I wish I could remember what I answered.... I'm pretty sure I put agree/disagree for most of them....

                              Comment


                              • I'm pretty sure they way to answer is agree and disagree for most of them. Only the obvious questions like "I feel it is ok to smoke marijuana when I've had a stressful day" deserve a "strongly" disagree.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8697 users online. 416 members and 8281 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X