Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay strong kf, a jump is not a big deal as the nysp processes quickly make sure you are squared away, you WILL get your chance make sure you make the best of it. All the best.

Originally posted by KF942599
    I'm attending processing on the 20th (tomorrow). After supplimentary military testing, my rank jumped almost 500, from 6417 to 6900-something. My recruitment officer told us last night that due to the low numbers attending the processings recently that they will probably be holding another processing for the November class in another month or so. Hope that sheds some light for you bg35...

Comment

• Pat

hey all, well the processing weekend went well. They called about 1,000 but I would estimate about 250 showed up and 170 made it through to the Pysch portion.

With the low #'s and the potential large class in Nov, I would say things are looking good......

Comment

• yeah...makes sense with the aspect of time and the processing...anyone heard a possible date being thrown around for the next exam (a little more precise than after 04/07)?

Comment

• Fushion,

At this point, I think it is very tenative on when the next test will be. They are using that 4/07 date, but I dont think anyone really knows as of yet.

Comment

• The 4/2007 date is the next anticipated availability of the application to take the test. The test probaly will not be until fall of 2007

Comment

• a class starts its voyage and everyone stops talking?

Comment

• Headed down June 24th & 25th for PAT testing here. With any luck I'll make the November class.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdecker
                  Headed down June 24th & 25th for PAT testing here. With any luck I'll make the November class.
                  Novenmber might be a little optomistic... Things rarely go as planned in Division. Most classes get pushed back a little... some a lot from thier initial projection and they try to give the academy instructors a little break in between classes because those guys work the road when they aren't at the academy.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Glad to see a few posts...a miss reading all of them! Once the class started everyone vanished. The next test is sooo far away ...I wish everyone the best!

Comment

• Just curious, but how does testing go for the PAT weekend? Do they do things in a certain order (situps / push-ups / run)? Do they split you off into groups? Also, I've heard they are very strict with the testing, a sit-up not exactly right doesnt count. I'm tall (6'7") so I want to make sure I'm practicing them right. I'd hate to get down there and do 40, but 10 "incorrectly" and run out of time. Do they stop you at the required amount of situps + push-ups, or allow you to go further?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious whats ahaed of me for next weekend! Looking forward to it so i can get my dream on its way!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cdecker
                        Just curious, but how does testing go for the PAT weekend? Do they do things in a certain order (situps / push-ups / run)? Do they split you off into groups? Also, I've heard they are very strict with the testing, a sit-up not exactly right doesnt count. I'm tall (6'7") so I want to make sure I'm practicing them right. I'd hate to get down there and do 40, but 10 "incorrectly" and run out of time. Do they stop you at the required amount of situps + push-ups, or allow you to go further?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious whats ahaed of me for next weekend! Looking forward to it so i can get my dream on its way!!
                        You are correct in that they (we) are strict on how situps and pushups are done. IIRC, they don't tell you how many count... they just count the total you have done (they don't tell you how many were correct till you're done) so you push yourself for the whole minute for situps and do as many pushups as you can do.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Situps 1st, this is what DQ's the guys
                          - They will not count incorrect reps (and they will not tell you when they don't), legs at a 45 degree angle
                          - Fingers TIGHTLY interlocked behind the head
                          - You have to go all the way down, they like to put their foot under your shoulder if they think you are not going down all the way.
                          -Elbows can either hit the knees or go past them on the outside

Pushups second - If you are a male you will have no problems, your chest has to hit rubber stop on the floor

Then the run, outside if it's nice, inside if it's raining.
                          Last edited by WishIKnew; 06-18-2006, 10:57 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. I've been working my butt off for the past month, just to make sure I can kill this test. Push-ups are no problem, I can do way more than 33. The run is no problem, can do that in close to 10 minutes. My biggest concern is of course the situps, and being so tall I have everything working against me. I've heard horror storeis from friends of mine that are troopers, on how they did their 40, and came to find that the guy didnt count 1/2 of them, and they ended up failing the PAT test the first time around. I never asked them, but obviously they let you come back and take it again (they are troopers now, so they must've). I'm not planning on failing, but if it does happen, when would I get to come back? a month? a year?
                            Last edited by cdecker; 06-18-2006, 06:14 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• the process

hey all, just wanted to keep you up to date as I work through this tedious process.

I have been thru the PAT weekend, and am now going through the background investigation. They are calling everyone I could think of....it has been interesting to say the least.

I had my pysc interview and polygraph exam.

The psyc was really easy, but the polygraph was long and exhausting...i actually found myself dozing off in between questions....which isnt good!!

Anyhow, hopefully I did good....cause i answered everythign truthfully...it is just the unknown that concerns me.

Anyone else going thru this yet?

Let me know!

Comment

• Originally posted by bg35
                                hey all, just wanted to keep you up to date as I work through this tedious process.

I have been thru the PAT weekend, and am now going through the background investigation. They are calling everyone I could think of....it has been interesting to say the least.

I had my pysc interview and polygraph exam.

The psyc was really easy, but the polygraph was long and exhausting...i actually found myself dozing off in between questions....which isnt good!!

Anyhow, hopefully I did good....cause i answered everythign truthfully...it is just the unknown that concerns me.

Anyone else going thru this yet?

Let me know!

Sent you a PM a couple weeks ago but never heard from ya. I'll try again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8387 users online. 387 members and 8000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X