300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
    And who's going to be up at midnight to check the score? Maybe I'm the only one, but I am going to be getting some well deserved snooze.
    Nah, you won't be the only one. My score won't change between now and when I decide to check it on Tuesday or Wednesday or maybe even Friday.

Comment

• I'll check my exam scores right at 12am Monday night with not one second later.

Stopwatch in left hand, right index finger 1 centimeter above the enter button on my laptop just before 12am, once 12am hits, my right index finger gently presses the enter button to reveal my exam score.
      Last edited by Justice01; 06-27-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
        Did the Lieutenant mention some of the reasons for your DQ? Was it like you said your job history and your age as being the main factors for your disqualification? How long was the interview? Did you mention to the LT that this was something you have been wanting to do for such a long time? Also did you mention that you had family members in the NYSP?
        Yes those are the reasons the LT said...it wasn't age necessarily, it was maturity gained through life experience. The LT was well aware that it's what I'd wanted to do for a long time and that's why I was encouraged to try again. I did not need to mention that I had several members of family in the NYSP as most of them are well known throughout Albany and Troop G. She mentioned knowing my family members but that was pretty much the extent of it...it's definitely not a good old boy society where knowing someone gets you the nod and I respect that. Unfortunately if I do get in, that will always be the stereotype/stigma I face regardless of how hard I busted my *** to reach my goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
          And who's going to be up at midnight to check the score? Maybe I'm the only one, but I am going to be getting some well deserved snooze.
          I will be in bed well before 12am....
          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
            Off topic...Any bets the system will crash [email protected] 12am
            That should be a known fact, come on we're dealing with Albany here.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

LOL, I won't even be home. I just got home from work and about to go out now.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Me too hopefully.
                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• They look at a lot of different things during FTO and one of the bigger things is ability to learn. The academy taught you a lot but it was also a controlled environment. When i meant not make it through FTO its due to the ability to learn the job. As far as quitting a lot of guys had reasons wether it be the nervous feeling everytime you stop a car at night with black tinted windows and 4 occupants in the car and having such a big unkown of "what if". To me thats the biggest rush I love stop cars and getting into things. A lot of people also fail to realize your backup could be 30 mins away at some stations and it hits them during their field training when there riding on their own. I love the job and don't want to do anything else unless pro athlete is somewhere in the mix but only you can make that decision and no advice is going to help b/c your the one with the ultimate choice of what you want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                    I doubt failing FTO is very common, the state invested a ton of time/money in your training and they want you to succeed.

My class had149 recruits and we had a couple not make it past FTO and another few didn't make it beyond their probation period. There are also a few troopers that get by the probation period and for whatever reason they are fired or retire early...

If someone is a train wreck they will not make it beyond FTO regardless of how much was spent during their hiring and training. The last thing the division wants to do is send someone out on their own when they are a huge liability and an officer safety issue.

With that being said it is only a very small percentage that do fail out.

Comment

• Tomorrow is the big day then after that more waiting.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I can't wait to see how everyone did and wish everyone the best of luck!!

Comment

• I'll be up at 12am to check my scores that's if the scores are posted at this time.

Comment

• It's the Final Countdown.........

Comment

• FYI - Exam Score Login Website...

https://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Exa...rnet/login.jsf

Comment

• My money is on the scores not being posted until sometime during business hours. I hope I'm wrong but that's what my practical side tells me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4440 users online. 220 members and 4220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X