Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms;

John,

I remember some prior posts that current Troopers replied that it not required that you carry off duty in NYSP. But since a good percentage of SP recruits going thru the Academy in Albany are/were prior LE I am sure some R&R's exist for handling existing prior owned weapons.
    IIRC they also stated that the choice of what off-duty weapon you carry is based only that you qualify on the range with whatever your choice may be.

I have seen on some of the NYPD sites that A, B, and C are used to describe the level of activity at each precinct, C being the quietest. Seeing the "Restport" in your reply leads me to ask are the differences between traffic based and complaint based SP barracks so defined or just thru SP lore ?
    Second question, after the FTO segment of training you are sent to your first Troop and barracks. Is there a specific time period you are stationed there ? Is that first barracks semi-permanent and what is the usual manner of scheduled inner-Troop transfers if any. I recall your description of transfers to other Troops and the average time in service requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      I think we already talked about this but... both mean paperwork.
      As a matter of fact, this very discussion has been had before. Pages 62/63 of this thread (a week before SDT's birthday - buy now and avoid the rush).

John, guess who asked the question then?
      Last edited by hxd; 06-25-2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
        As a matter of fact, this very discussion has been had before. Pages 62/63 of this thread (a week before SDT's birthday - buy now and avoid the rush).

John, guess who asked the question then?
        Probably me.
        I'm cool like that so I can ask the same question twice.
        Last edited by John2008; 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
          Division must know about all registered weapons you own
          Is that just handguns or rifles/shotguns as well?
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              If you want F or K, it usually isn't an issue
              If I want one of these troops, does it make me more desirable to the State Police from the get go or is this not even discussed until well after canvassing?
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Darn. I thought I had my "hook" right there.
                  Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• I got my results and I'm pretty stoked...now let's hope the rest of processing goes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                      I got my results and I'm pretty stoked...now let's hope the rest of processing goes as well.
                      Are you one of the guys that has a "hook"?
                      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Yeah....but knowing early hasn't made it go any quicker...we'll all be in the same boat again very shortly.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            All you New York City people bringing in your terminology... upstate we call them friends or family
                            So you don't call them "hooks" or "Rabbi"
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Haha, yeah I call mine family..several family members on the job...too bad nepotism doesn't exist though, this will be my second try. I was 21 last time, about 125th on the list, but had a little growing up to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                                Haha, yeah I call mine family..several family members on the job...too bad nepotism doesn't exist though, this will be my second try. I was 21 last time, about 125th on the list, but had a little growing up to do.
                                What happened during the hiring process the first time you took the exam? I mean seeing that you were only 125 on the list you must have received a very high score. What got you, was it the Physical Agility Test? If so what portion of the test did you fail?

Also is it easier getting selected if you know someone? What I mean by this does it make the process of being hired any easier?
                                Last edited by Justice01; 06-26-2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4874 users online. 220 members and 4654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X