300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frankiep02 View Post
    Just curious... to what extreme does the polygraph examiner ask questions, for example what is the wierdest question asked? and does it actually take 3 hours?
    I hope you haven't expressed your affection for Bessie, the family cow, or find young asian boys attractive
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      I'm actually scared of getting my scores since I don't think I did all that well since those personality questions always get me.
      Don't worry John. Without a personality, you can't fail! er... something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
        Don't worry John. Without a personality, you can't fail! er... something like that
        LOL, Man, those personality question screwed me in three exams so far. Let's see hopefully this won't be the forth. Every time I take an exam with out those personality questions I score in the high 90's.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I have heard to never choose the number 3 option of "not sure" on the personality attribute section on the trooper exam. This is my second time taking the trooper exam and I'm hoping for at least an 85 or higher. If I score lower then that I would be very disappointed. Or if I score enough to receive a call back and fail any portion of the hiring process I would probably develop a depressive disorder that would last for many years. Well to look on the bright side I will have a chance to take the trooper exam for the 3rd time and last time until I reach the age of 30 unless they change the law to 35 in the future.

Comment

LOL, Man, those personality question screwed me in three exams so far. Let's see hopefully this won't be the forth. Every time I take an exam with out those personality questions I score in the high 90's.
            This was the first time I've taken an exam with a personality component to it. I guess I'll find out next week exactly how screwed up my personality is.

I took the NYPD exam twice. I was in the mid 90's (exact same score) both times. I'm 100% confident I aced the basic skills portion of the NYSP exam. If I get dinged anywhere, it'll be personality.
            Last edited by hxd; 06-24-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              In case you aren't from the area... you have to make $100k to live down there. Suffolk cops do not live the same lifestyle Some B,D and A Troopers who make slightly less do.

It's not your PC I'd be worried about... Albany can't even make it so the 1000 or so of us that are trying to use computers all across the state at 7a and 7p every day will work... I can't believe that they have the infrastructure to support 10k applicants logging in for their results.... I'd plan on several hours of trying to get in before you actually get a score.
              We get plenty of guys getting over $100k and this was when a 4bedroom 2,200sq ft house on 2 acres was still $100,000. Heck until a few years ago $150,000 would have bought you a near mansion. Prices rising steadily though.

They seem to want to do maintenance when you have your belligerent drunk at the station and SJS shuts down and livescan decides it won't play nice.

Originally posted by Frankiep02 View Post
              Just curious... to what extreme does the polygraph examiner ask questions, for example what is the wierdest question asked? and does it actually take 3 hours?
              What is the weirdest thing you have done?

Comment

This was the first time I've taken an exam with a personality component to it. I guess I'll find out next week exactly how screwed up my personality is.

I took the NYPD exam twice. I was in the mid 90's (exact same score) both times. I'm 100% confident I aced the basic skills portion of the NYSP exam. If I get dinged anywhere, it'll be personality.
                That's where most people get screwed.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Troop B

The Westport area on Lake C looks very nice.

Recruiter I spoke with liked Plattsburg as well.

Close to Montreal.

Comment

When i took a prep course before the exam, they told us there was a way to answer the personality questions. Hopefully this tactic worked....still nervous about that part tho.
                    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                      The Westport area on Lake C looks very nice.

Recruiter I spoke with liked Plattsburg as well.

Close to Montreal.
                      You mean SP Restport?
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                        When i took a prep course before the exam, they told us there was a way to answer the personality questions. Hopefully this tactic worked....still nervous about that part tho.
                        During the tutorial as they call it for the NYSP exam one of the instructors said to never choose C "not sure" so I listened to his advice and never chose this answer on the personality section of the trooper exam.

I hope I receive at least an 85 on the exam or I would be devastated. Or if I receive a high enough score and fail any portion of the hiring process I would want to be cryogenically frozen for 3 and a half years until the next exam because just thinking about failing any portion of the hiring process or receiving under an 85 would probably put me in a state of depression for many years. I probably wouldn't be able to cope with myself for quite some time.
                        Last edited by Justice01; 06-24-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• What's the difference between buying a off duty firearms on your shield vs buying it as a civilian here in NYS?
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

What's the difference between buying a off duty firearms on your shield vs buying it as a civilian here in NYS?
                            I think we already talked about this but... both mean paperwork.

Buying a weapon on your shield means Division takes possession of that weapon if something happens (suspension or termination) to your status as LE. Division must know about all registered weapons you own but if you have a license, and there is no reason you shouldn't, you should have all weapons on your own license so Albany can't take them from you for silly reasons.

Though I'm a life member of the NRA and staunch supporter of the 2nd ammendment... unless you already own a weapon... don't go out an buy one because you are HOPING to be granted the privlidge of wearing The Gray Bag. If you make it... there will be plenty of gun shops that the guys at your duty barracks (not FTO barracks) will know about that will give you a good deal on whatever you wish to carry off duty.

Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
                            During the tutorial as they call it for the NYSP exam one of the instructors said to never choose C "not sure" so I listened to his advice and never chose this answer on the personality section of the trooper exam.

I hope I receive at least an 85 on the exam or I would be devastated. Or if I receive a high enough score and fail any portion of the hiring process I would want to be cryogenically frozen for 3 and a half years until the next exam because just thinking about failing any portion of the hiring process or receiving under an 85 would probably put me in a state of depression for many years. I probably wouldn't be able to cope with myself for quite some time.
                            I sure hope you aren't going to be "not sure" why you arrested someone or "not sure" why you ticketed someone. Type B personalitied generally don't make it far in LE. The idea is to be able to make a decision... and show confidence when you are at an incident. W.C. Fields said, "If you can't d***le them with brilliance, baffle them with bull(****)". The public doesn't know the decision you made at the scene is correct (but the Sarge does)... all they know is there is a Trooper taking control of the situation and correcting it. I don't want to ride with someone who 'doesn't know' what they saw in a vehicle or 'doesn't know' what they heard a defendant say.
                            Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-25-2008, 02:45 AM.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              I think we already talked about this but... both mean paperwork.

Buying a weapon on your shield means Division takes possession of that weapon if something happens (suspension or termination) to your status as LE. Division must know about all registered weapons you own but if you have a license, and there is no reason you shouldn't, you should have all weapons on your own license so Albany can't take them from you for silly reasons.

Though I'm a life member of the NRA and staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment... unless you already own a weapon... don't go out an buy one because you are HOPING to be granted the privilege of wearing The Gray Bag. If you make it... there will be plenty of gun shops that the guys at your duty barracks (not FTO barracks) will know about that will give you a good deal on whatever you wish to carry off duty.
                              Thank you for all the info. So What would happen if I'm a LEO with another agency before I start the hiring process, and I happen to own a off duty weapon that's authorize by that other agency?

Would NYSP make me vouch that weapon with them before the date of hire?
                              or I will have to sell that weapon before the date of hire?
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• SDT (or other troopers),

Any word on when they will hold the first academy from the new list, and when processing will begin?

Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17550 users online. 531 members and 17019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X