300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    Every law enforcement test in Suffolk county is a $100 fee, Suffolk county PD, Suffolk county park police, Suffolk sheriff office everything. I wasted 500dollars on nothing since most of those departments are on a hiring freeze.
    Wow thats got to stink paying 500 dollars on nothing. Well at least for those 29,000 people who paid $100 dollars a piece, Suffolk County is making a lot of money, over 3 million dollars for the PD exam. I know in upstate NY the fee for the civil service exams are generally 20-25 dollars a piece. I couldn't imagine paying $100 dollars a piece for an exam unless it was the State Police. That's probably the only exam I'd pay 100 on because when their are that many people taking exams in Suffolk County, they will only look for the perfect candidates, either that or they know people high up. That's what I would assume.

Comment

• Nobody answered my question so I'm going to ask again with hopes someone will.

Does anyone have an idea of when the processing weekend is going to be is it going to be say, a week, a month after we're notified of our grades?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankiep02 View Post
        Nobody answered my question so I'm going to ask again with hopes someone will.

Does anyone have an idea of when the processing weekend is going to be is it going to be say, a week, a month after we're notified of our grades?

Candidates are called for Cadidate Processing Weekend in Albany (which includes PAT on Saturday) based upon their rank score, which I imagine they will include with our numerical score available online 6-30.

For those of us fortunate enough to be called for the first round of processing, I have heard that it is anywhere from 2-4 weeks after we are notified of exam results. (Current troopers, please advise on correct timeframe.)

My question is, whether or not this somewhat late notification of exam results will have any bearing on whether they hold an academy this late fall, or if they will have to wait until early 2009 due to the lengthy (6 months from Candidate Processing Weekend I believe??) background investigation process?

Troopers, feel free to weigh in on this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
          I couldn't imagine paying $100 dollars a piece for an exam unless it was the State Police.
          Considering most Suffolk cops make $100K+ after their first few years on, I could imagine paying $100.

Its like winning lotto...

Comment

• IT Depends;

There are so many variables attached to a "next class" in 2008 that the above is probably the best guesstamate you will find.

1. funding for next class, if any 2008.
            2. size of next class.
            3. vacancies from authorized strength after the current class graduates.
            4. status of ongoing contact negotiations for new versus current contract.
            5. number of vacancies that may/may not occur if a new contract comes.
            6. percentage/# of people on the list necessary to fill any/if next class.
            (10 calls for 1 fill, probably be much lower with this new current list.)

What did I forget from the above ?

Keep training, go about your life, don't schedule a trip to Europe till after June 30th. Then if you see you are 5,000 or higher (yes, that is high but valid) go on with your life in attempting law enforcement and take the trip.
            I am told a very good percentage of every class is someone with prior law enforcement experience.
            Remember the current class that were college grads had a wait long enough from their original test date to apply and graduate from any law school around (not that we need more lawyers anywhere.) and still get into this NYSP Academy class.

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
              Considering most Suffolk cops make $100K+ after their first few years on, I could imagine paying $100.

Probably getting hired by them is like winning the loto especially when 29,000 people filed to take the Suffolk PD test last year. To be honest if I lived in Suffolk County I'd pay the $100 fee but I would realize it would be very difficult to get in seeing that so many people take this test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice01 View Post
                Probably getting hired by them is like winning the loto especially when 29,000 people filed to take the Suffolk PD test last year. To be honest if I lived in Suffolk County I'd pay the $100 fee but I would realize it would be very difficult to get in seeing that so many people take this test.
                Some of the small villages PD make more than the county, for example Glen cove PD top pay is 105k base.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• 7 days........and counting
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                    7 days........and counting
                    can't wait.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• how much would it suck if your computers just crashed the day before. lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                        how much would it suck if your computers just crashed the day before. lol.
                        You'll see me run back to school even tho I graduated and use the computers in the library or computer lab, or go to the public library and sign up for their online thing so I can use the comp in the library. lol
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post

In case you aren't from the area... you have to make $100k to live down there. Suffolk cops do not live the same lifestyle Some B,D and A Troopers who make slightly less do.

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          how much would it suck if your computers just crashed the day before. lol.
                          It's not your PC I'd be worried about... Albany can't even make it so the 1000 or so of us that are trying to use computers all across the state at 7a and 7p every day will work... I can't believe that they have the infrastructure to support 10k applicants logging in for their results.... I'd plan on several hours of trying to get in before you actually get a score.
                          Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                            +1..that system will crash and we won't get scores until the end of the week...then John2008 will go crazy and drive to Albany demanding scores for all O.com users.
                            hahahaha.....John2008 will have a nervous breakdown
                            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Just curious... to what extreme does the polygraph examiner ask questions, for example what is the wierdest question asked? and does it actually take 3 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                                hahahaha.....John2008 will have a nervous breakdown
                                Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                                +1..that system will crash and we won't get scores until the end of the week...then John2008 will go crazy and drive to Albany demanding scores for all O.com users.
                                LOL,I would probably do that, stand out side with a big picket sign demanding scores. I will tell them I will sue them for emotional stress.

I'm actually scared of getting my scores since I don't think I did all that well since those personality questions always get me.
                                Last edited by John2008; 06-23-2008, 09:52 PM.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10319 users online. 513 members and 9806 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X