Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we all can't wait for the 30th of June. At least now the mailman is safe haha. FightingOrange Good luck to you and Thank you for your service.
    When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• Originally posted by STXHammer View Post
      I think we all can't wait for the 30th of June. At least now the mailman is safe haha. FightingOrange Good luck to you and Thank you for your service.
      LOL, I'm pretty sure all the mail carriers around the country hate us Police candidates because we're always harassing them checking for our test scores lol.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• All that harassment...and they won't even be mailed now. The mail people are all laughing at us.

Perhaps they refused to deliver the scores due to harassment; which is why we are getting them online only now.
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Thanks guys, same thanks to all the LEO's in here...

I gotta admit, I was tempted to call the Trooper station in Oneida to see if they had any info, but in the back of my head I kept thinking that'd be the first reason they'd disqualify a candidate... "Can't follow simple instructions..."

Good luck to you guys too. Hopefully www.nytrooper.com doesn't crash on the 30th, with the traffic that's headed towards it. I'll be checking at 12:01am to see if they're up. Probably won't be up until 1900 on the 30th, knowing the State of NY....

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingOrange View Post
            Thanks guys, same thanks to all the LEO's in here...

I gotta admit, I was tempted to call the Trooper station in Oneida to see if they had any info, but in the back of my head I kept thinking that'd be the first reason they'd disqualify a candidate... "Can't follow simple instructions..."

Good luck to you guys too. Hopefully www.nytrooper.com doesn't crash on the 30th, with the traffic that's headed towards it. I'll be checking at 12:01am to see if they're up. Probably won't be up until 1900 on the 30th, knowing the State of NY....
            Troops will have NO info on results. Only Headquarters in Albany does, and calling them and ****ing them off would NOT be a good career move. Someone hounding headquarters for their scores would be something I would be sure would get back to the Academy staff. Funny how life evolves. When your young, you can't wait to get in the door. When your older, you can't wait to get out......Good luck to all!
            Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
            American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• The applicants caused the delay.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=696900

Thousands of State Police applicants anxious to find out how they scored on written exams taken earlier this year will learn their ranking at the end of the month.

In May, a State Police Web site notice said, "Due to circumstances beyond our control, examination scores for the January/February exam are not yet available."

The last posting, on Tuesday, said results will be available June 30. The test was given in various locations statewide on Jan. 19-26 and Feb. 2-9. Some 19,000 took it.

The holdup has led to speculation about the reason for the delay, including the possibility it was caused by the change in superintendents and the so-called Troopergate investigation.

Not so. It's simply hundreds of "discrepancies (popped up) between the initial information on the applications and the follow-up information given when they took the exam," spokesman Lt. Glenn Miner said late last week.

Personal information filled out by candidates when they applied -- months, even a year, before the exam -- in many cases was different from what they wrote when they took the test. So recruitment personnel had to go through, by hand, all that were identified as problematic, Miner said.

In some cases, a digit in a Social Security number could be off, or a woman could have married, he said. It was expected to take about 12 weeks to post scores, Miner said, "and it would have been completed by now, but because of hundreds of discrepancies, ... "

Recruits are selected for processing by how they scored and they may not be called for a year or two, he said. The written test is only one step. Recruits have to pass a background check, a physical and an agility test.

Some 400 or 500 candidates might be processed to get about 100 qualified for the next class at the State Police Academy. A current class of 104 started April 21.

Scores will be online at http://www.troopers.state.ny.us. A password will be issued to each candidate on http://www.nytrooper.com/. Once scores are posted, candidates will be notified by e-mail -- by phone for those without e-mail addresses -- that scores are online, Miner said.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                LOL, I'm pretty sure all the mail carriers around the country hate us Police candidates because we're always harassing them checking for our test scores lol.
                I told my mailman today that he will no longer be harassed about the letter. I think i made his day

FightingOrange, welcome to the thread. thank you for your service.
                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• And for those of you who haven't received an email from the NYSP recruitment unit:

It may also be a good idea to log into the website before June 30 and ensure that your information (particularly email address) is accurate!

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                    And for those of you who haven't received an email from the NYSP recruitment unit:

It may also be a good idea to log into the website before June 30 and ensure that your information (particularly email address) is accurate!
                    This is good advise. I understand that there were several people reached on the list who could not be located. They were never notified to show up for a phase of the processing.

Listen up people. No matter how qualified you may be, we are not going to conduct an investigation just to locate you, so that you may continue with processing. Keep your contact information up to date!
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Any idea when the processing weekends going to be?

Comment

• Welp, my hook managed to get my scores for me. Now the waiting begins..oh wait, been waiting already

Comment

• You fools need to quit with the hooks. If you did manage to get your score early, why would you tell the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                            You fools need to quit with the hooks. If you did manage to get your score early, why would you tell the world?
                            I like this guy!

But you need to change your avatar to B.A. Baracus (Mr T.) This will go over the heads of most of the applicants; in fact, if it did you should be automatically dq'ed for being to young!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPGJrzzq_I&NR=1
                            Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Something I just don't understand-
                              Why use a hook to get your test score when you're going to get it soon anyway? Seems to me that it removes some of the integrity from the process. (Whether or not it actually does, the job is just as much about appearances, right?) Besides, isn't that favor best saved for a time when you really need it?

Comment

• I don't have a hook. Probably a good thing I haven't had much contact with a Trooper.
                                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 179 members and 4244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X