300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
    And come Fridays when we get to go home for the weekend, we can just pop in some Wii Sports and do some Wii Bowling. Maybe even get a Wii Brewski for R&R too.
    yes yes, I can't wait.
    I don't know how the classes before us made it without all that stuff.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      yes yes, I can't wait.
      I don't know how the classes before us made it without all that stuff.
      Those were different times...when people walked miles to school through many feet of snow. And just remember; it was uphill both ways!

On a somewhat serious note though, yesterday I was involved in a humorous conversation about Troopers working remotely from home. Imagine that...cameras all over the highways and all cars need to have traffic ticket dispensers so a Trooper can remotely send you a ticket.

Also, implant little remote controlled bullets in people at birth just in case lethal force is necessary. Would be kind of cool and Twilight Zone-ish.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
        Those were different times...when people walked miles to school through many feet of snow. And just remember; it was uphill both ways!

On a somewhat serious note though, yesterday I was involved in a humorous conversation about Troopers working remotely from home. Imagine that...cameras all over the highways and all cars need to have traffic ticket dispensers so a Trooper can remotely send you a ticket.

Also, implant little remote controlled bullets in people at birth just in case lethal force is necessary. Would be kind of cool and Twilight Zone-ish.
        LMAOOOOO, I also hear that the whole point of the purple tie is that it gives them super powers.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

LMAOOOOO, I also hear that the whole point of the purple tie is that it gives them super powers.
          Super powers like Chuck Norris' fist behind the tie?
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
            Well I guess that puts to rest any hope of the last few of us making it off of the previous list.
            Let the processing begin......again lol.
            You never know... you never know.

Comment

• In the past, how long was the wait between scores being released and the fist PAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                In the past, how long was the wait between scores being released and the fist PAT?
                I would be curious to know this as well.

Also, from what I understand processing (Background Inv, Poly., etc.) usually takes about 6 months for it all to be completed, after PAT.

Is this accurate?

If so, does this squash hopes of a late fall academy? Are we looking at early Spring '09 for the first class from the new list?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                  I would be curious to know this as well.

Also, from what I understand processing (Background Inv, Poly., etc.) usually takes about 6 months for it all to be completed, after PAT.

Is this accurate?

If so, does this squash hopes of a late fall academy? Are we looking at early Spring '09 for the first class from the new list?
                  Lets hope for a fall academy!!!
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I am hoping for a hiring freeze so we become so short staffed that the overtime becomes unlimited and I can get my final average salary up by 25-50%....... (just kidding - well, sorta...) SORRY!!!
                    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                      I am hoping for a hiring freeze so we become so short staffed that the overtime becomes unlimited and I can get my final average salary up by 25-50%....... (just kidding - well, sorta...) SORRY!!!
                      OT is a beautiful thing but at some point it becomes too much... I was about at my breaking point in 2006 with just over 600 hours. Making more than some Sgt's was nice though
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        OT is a beautiful thing but at some point it becomes too much... I was about at my breaking point in 2006 with just over 600 hours. Making more than some Sgt's was nice though
                        [email protected] "equal opportunity hater" lol
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

[email protected] "equal opportunity hater" lol
                          And once you have heard "But I love him" or "I have to goto the bathroom" or "You can't stop me for 10 over" about 100 times.... you too will learn to hate everyone!
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            And once you have heard "But I love him" or "I have to goto the bathroom" or "You can't stop me for 10 over" about 100 times.... you too will learn to hate everyone!
                            LOL, I'm pretty sure I'll be at that point some day. Don't you love how many street side lawyers there are in this state, all the sudden everyone is a lawyer.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Whats up guys....

Looks like I'm a LATE member of this forum... I'm also waiting for my exam scores, and the 30th of June can't get here fast enough. I'm active duty Navy right now, getting out in the spring of 2009. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else here... Now I need to try and catch up on what's going on in here!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingOrange View Post
                                Whats up guys....

Looks like I'm a LATE member of this forum... I'm also waiting for my exam scores, and the 30th of June can't get here fast enough. I'm active duty Navy right now, getting out in the spring of 2009. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else here... Now I need to try and catch up on what's going on in here!!!!
                                Thank you for your service. I wish you luck too.

What ever happen to the person that started this thread???

I'm going back to running today after my ankle finally feels better, this should be fun.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8199 users online. 183 members and 8016 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X