300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
    So for those of you who were bashing me earlier for calling out NYS for taking so long to get results out, PA TROOPER RESULTS ARRIVED ON JUNE 9TH AS ADVERTISED.

Took the test on May 17th. Oral boards will be done by the end of the month. PA used the same company as NY did. So what is wrong with NYS and the amount of time they are taking? I don't want to hear it is the company they used either. The fact that PA used the same service and has the results takes care of that theory.
    "Hurry up and wait".....Why rush somthing you can not control.
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
      Snip
      My attitude is it looks like NYS is trying to pass the buck when it comes to taking responsibility for getting the scores out. It's a bad sign when a government has to keep making excuses. Just say it how it is and stop stringing people along.

Originally posted by AnyPD View Post
      Relax there...this is a good thing, not only do you get more time to prepare yourself mentally and physically but it also extends the expiration of the list. As per civil service the list does not expire til I believe the 4th year after the list was established, NOT when the test was given.

If you don't have the patient of waiting for test results how are you going to handle someone who won't listen to your orders?
      I have the patience for the process, but not for excuses. I agree that it isn't a poor reflection of the agency, but it is a poor reflection of the government.

Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
      "Hurry up and wait".....Why rush somthing you can not control.
      I'm not looking to rush the process, just looking to get past the excuses and political BS that is most likely holding it up from even starting.
      Last edited by nappy1380; 06-11-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I'm not looking to rush the process, just looking to get past the excuses and political BS that is most likely holding it up from even starting.
        Not for nothing, but if you don't want to deal with political BS and excuses, you may want to consider an alternate career choice.

Comment

I have the patience for the process, but not for excuses. I agree that it isn't a poor reflection of the agency, but it is a poor reflection of the government.
          Welcome to New York, home of one of the most dysfunctional state governments in the US.

Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
          If that's what you're concerned with, consider running for office. Seriously.

Comment

Once again how are you going to handle someone who won't obey your orders and gives you every excuse they can think of?

Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
            Why even get a career in government if you dont like the political bs?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoLimits
              you see personally I enjoy the political BS... consider it training to be a detective. chase down the leads, sort out the babble, canvas the forums, and end up with hopefully some real info that could help you solve the case of: The Missing Test Scores
              Wasn't that an "Encyclopedia Brown" case?

Darn it, I'm showing my age again.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                Wasn't that an "Encyclopedia Brown" case?

Darn it, I'm showing my age again.
                Ummm... no you aren't. I grew up with the Encyclopedia Brown series too. As a matter of fact, so is my 4 year old nephew. The most recent EB book was published last year.

I do, however, still have my set of original Hardy Boys books.
                Last edited by hxd; 06-11-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• For those who already processed before current Spring academy

Could the delay in getting our test scores possibly mean that all of those who went through this last previous processing and conditional offers of employment have a chance for the next academy?

Its already June and I don't see how they will get everyone processed by December/ Jan. and into the academy in such a short period.

I know that when I was processing I started in April 2007 with the PAT all the way through the Medical in March 2008 right before the academy was to begin this last April. So its easy to call the entire process about a years worth of time.

Any takes on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                    You're 5 hours away! Besides, if I was in Buffalo, I would just get a Beef on Weck and not need tomatoes.
                    If I was in Buffalo I would drive the 50 minutes to Rochester and get a garbage plate from Nick Tahou's!
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      If I was in Buffalo I would drive the 50 minutes to Rochester and get a garbage plate from Nick Tahou's!
                      I would do that right after I went to Duff's for 50 of the best wings in the world!
                      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Or you could go to Casa Di Pizza for a pie and a bucket...or Louie's for a couple Louie Dogs...also, Jim's Steak Out has the best chicken finger subs.

Comment

• lk13, nice avatar!
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• All of this talk bashing NYS about the scores seems really counterproductive. The scores are going to be released when NYS wants, and no amount of whining or bitching is going to make them appear in our mailboxes any earlier. Instead, maybe we should be focusing on things like running, pushups, situps, and working out in general. How is our background? Do we have all of the paperwork in order to make it easier once we are contacted by NYS? Maybe there are things we can do right now to improve our chances of getting hired. To me, these are the things I'm focusing on right now.

My test has already been scored, there's nothing I can do about it. Just because I don't know what it is, doesn't mean I should be freaking out about it. Patience seems like it would be a strong trait necessary for Law Enforcement, so why not practice some of it right now. Like others have said, some people waited 4 years just to get into the academy. If we're lucky, we'll be one of those select few who are given the opportunity to be a NYS Trooper. The process will still take the same amount of time, and they'll probably start the first academy when they were planning to so stressing about when the scores will be released isn't going to help our situation.

Good luck to everyone else waiting on scores, hopefully we all do well.
                            New York State Police Exam - 02/09/2008
                            New York Police Department Exam - 02/28/2008
                            Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam - 05/17/2008

Comment

• Well said!
                              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                                lk13, nice avatar!
                                Thanks...Go Bills!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9908 users online. 343 members and 9565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X