300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
    No scores from the NYSP today, and I can't get tomatoes at any dining establishment either. All in all, a pretty bad day for VeeDubs86.
    lol.
    *plays the worlds smallest violin*
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      lol.
      *plays the worlds smallest violin*

What good is a sandwich without any tomatoes!?
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

What good is a sandwich without any tomatoes!?
        I know, I went into subway two days ago. I was like how come you guys don't have any tomatoes? than the lady told me why, and I was like damn the end of the world is coming lol.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I own a couple restaurants and we got tomatoes back today at about 2pm. Well an Ok to serve the ones we have in our supply chain. I will sell u a sandwich with Toms.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOne View Post
            I own a couple restaurants and we got tomatoes back today at about 2pm. Well an Ok to serve the ones we have in our supply chain. I will sell u a sandwich with Toms.
            You're 5 hours away! Besides, if I was in Buffalo, I would just get a Beef on Weck and not need tomatoes.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

I know, I went into subway two days ago. I was like how come you guys don't have any tomatoes? than the lady told me why, and I was like damn the end of the world is coming lol.
              I know. Just give me the tomatoes and let my immune system worry about it.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                You may have heard on the news, but there have been a few changes in Albany in the last few months.

Unexpectedly, we have a new Governor and a new Superintendent. This may upset your timetable. Sorry.
                That's fine and all, but most of the work was/will be done by the hired testing company for grading. This seems like a poor NY style excuse for not putting the scores in the mail. The real work hasn't even started yet for NYS.

Comment

You're 5 hours away! Besides, if I was in Buffalo, I would just get a Beef on Weck and not need tomatoes.
                  Never had one of those. What is it?
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slopokes21 View Post
                      From what I heard the military scores are holding up the release of the scores to everyone.
                      Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                      That's fine and all, but most of the work was/will be done by the hired testing company for grading. This seems like a poor NY style excuse for not putting the scores in the mail. The real work hasn't even started yet for NYS.
                      After talking with a Trooper friend of mine he told me the delay has something to do with the MILITARY scores. I am not sure of what that means or what could cause that delay but that is what he told me and he did not go into much detail. I was just happy to find my score out.

As far as waiting, this only the beginning of "Hurry up and wait" game, better get use to it. I do not think they are going to change something that they have been doing for years because a couple of people are unhappy that they did not receive their scores in a "timely" fashion.

Everyone here is anxious about receiving their scores and see how they did, the scores will come eventually. When they do and you did not rank in the top 1000 or so you have more waiting to do.

Just because one agency got their scores out quickly and another did not does not reflect poorly on the latter agency.

Trust me you are not the only one here waiting for a score and a rank.

Comment

Never had one of those. What is it?

I was gonna explain it, but figured Wikipedia could do it easier. Don't use this page for any college term papers folks. Wikipedia is wrong most the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummelweck

New York State Police

Comment

I was gonna explain it, but figured Wikipedia could do it easier. Don't use this page for any college term papers folks. Wikipedia is wrong most the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummelweck
                          I didn't know that it was a regional dish. I assumed it was everywhere.
                          And I have never seen it spelled that way.

But anyways, now I'm hungry!
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

But anyways, now I'm hungry!
                            I don't know anyplace that even has the rolls here in the Hudson Valley.

I'm hungry also, but that's anytime. Talking about food just makes it worse.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                              So for those of you who were bashing me earlier for calling out NYS for taking so long to get results out, PA TROOPER RESULTS ARRIVED ON JUNE 9TH AS ADVERTISED.

Took the test on May 17th. Oral boards will be done by the end of the month. PA used the same company as NY did. So what is wrong with NYS and the amount of time they are taking? I don't want to hear it is the company they used either. The fact that PA used the same service and has the results takes care of that theory.
                              Relax there...this is a good thing, not only do you get more time to prepare yourself mentally and physically but it also extends the expiration of the list. As per civil service the list does not expire til I believe the 4th year after the list was established, NOT when the test was given.

If you don't have the patient of waiting for test results how are you going to handle someone who won't listen to your orders?

Comment

Oh, it's definitely a regional thing. Kinda like white hots or "plates". You can find beef on weck about as far east as Syracuse, but is just isn't the same. Once you get beyond Rochester, the quality drops off immensely.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8411 users online. 382 members and 8029 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X