Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have a couple of questions for the troopers.
    1. I received a dui when I was 20
    2 I had my DL suspended b/c of the dui
    3. I have 2 speeding tickets

    When I past the test you think I would still be eligble to become a trooper?
    Do nys trooper accept military credits?
    NCPD-93.813
    NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
    Passed The Weekend Processing
    SCPD-89.7
    PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
    NYPD-PASSED

    Comment


    • Watch this trooper keep his cool. Idk why this kid would want to do that?



      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wra9q...eature=related
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

      Smokey and the Bandit

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYIllini
        Speaking of videos I think I found one of SDT in his earlier years.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5C1NZ5IHog
        LOL, funny guys.

        But for the record, I was still in high school in 1977.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OneDay View Post
          I have a couple of questions for the troopers.
          1. I received a dui when I was 20
          2 I had my DL suspended b/c of the dui
          3. I have 2 speeding tickets

          When I past the test you think I would still be eligble to become a trooper?
          Do nys trooper accept military credits?
          1)This doesn't help us much, beacuse we don't know how old you are now.
          How long ago was the DWI.

          2) you must have a valid NYS DL to get hired. Previous suspensions are not an automatic DQ.

          3) 3 tickets in what period of time? how long ago, how fast?

          Yes, veteran's ponts are honored.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            LOL, funny guys.

            But for the record, I was still in high school in 1977.
            I wasn't alive
            " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

            Smokey and the Bandit

            Comment


            • That's it, pick on the old guy!

              Actually, I don't mind being 47 at all. Life is so much better now than when I was in my 20's. It's just that my back hurts more, LOL!
              You can now follow me on twitter.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                Is NYSP Academy similar to LASD Academy in that you're in conservative business attire for weeks until you get a regular uniform issued?

                Is it like going back to basic training in terms of the Drill Sgt and your dormitory in terms of perfect hospital corners, everything exactly the same, them trashing your bunk if its wrong, etc?
                I was an ATO in a previous century, and a recruit in a prior millinium.

                Every time I answer a question about Academy life, someone let's me know I'm wrong. So I'll pass on this one.
                Last edited by SlowDownThere; 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM. Reason: Unintended harshness of the wording.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYIllini
                  Gee, Because I answered this does that mean I am "some cocky young rookie"

                  Aw, come on Illini. You know I wasn't talking about you.

                  Besides, with 11 years in the Military, you're not that young either.


                  Must be I'm in a bad mood because of my aching back. LOL
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    1)This doesn't help us much, beacuse we don't know how old you are now.
                    How long ago was the DWI.

                    2) you must have a valid NYS DL to get hired. Previous suspensions are not an automatic DQ.

                    3) 3 tickets in what period of time? how long ago, how fast?

                    Yes, veteran's ponts are honored.


                    I was 20 when I received my dui. That was about 6 years old.
                    I do have a valid DL and one of the speeding tickets I got was in VA about 3 years ago when I was driving from Federal corrections training. The second ticket was i was in the military about 5 years ago.
                    NCPD-93.813
                    NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
                    Passed The Weekend Processing
                    SCPD-89.7
                    PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
                    NYPD-PASSED

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NYIllini
                      Darn I almost wish you were. I'll take cocky any day if it comes with Young. I'll take just about anything if it has young attached to it at this point. That probably b/c despite my age I know all about the back now!
                      NYIllini You're a young knuckle head.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

                      Comment


                      • So for those of you who were bashing me earlier for calling out NYS for taking so long to get results out, PA TROOPER RESULTS ARRIVED ON JUNE 9TH AS ADVERTISED.

                        Took the test on May 17th. Oral boards will be done by the end of the month. PA used the same company as NY did. So what is wrong with NYS and the amount of time they are taking? I don't want to hear it is the company they used either. The fact that PA used the same service and has the results takes care of that theory.
                        Last edited by nappy1380; 06-11-2008, 12:03 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                          So for those of you who were bashing me earlier for calling out NYS for taking so long to get results out, PA TROOPER RESULTS ARRIVED ON JUNE 9TH AS ADVERTISED.

                          Took the test on May 17th. Oral boards will be done by the end of the month. PA used the same company as NY did. So what is wrong with NYS and the amount of time they are taking? I don't want to hear it is the company they used either. The fact that PA used the same service and has the results takes care of that theory.
                          From what I heard the military scores are holding up the release of the scores to everyone.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                            So for those of you who were bashing me earlier for calling out NYS for taking so long to get results out, PA TROOPER RESULTS ARRIVED ON JUNE 9TH AS ADVERTISED.

                            Took the test on May 17th. Oral boards will be done by the end of the month. PA used the same company as NY did. So what is wrong with NYS and the amount of time they are taking? I don't want to hear it is the company they used either. The fact that PA used the same service and has the results takes care of that theory.
                            You may have heard on the news, but there have been a few changes in Albany in the last few months.

                            Unexpectedly, we have a new Governor and a new Superintendent. This may upset your timetable. Sorry.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Darn I almost wish you were. I'll take cocky any day if it comes with Young. I'll take just about anything if it has young attached to it at this point. That probably b/c despite my age I know all about the back now!

                              BTW, I edited my post. I didn't mean to be nearly that coarse.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

                              Comment


                              • No scores from the NYSP today, and I can't get tomatoes at any dining establishment either. All in all, a pretty bad day for VeeDubs86.
                                Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

                                Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

                                New York State Police

                                Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9757 users online. 497 members and 9260 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X