300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    took the same test on may 18th and got back my score today, scored a 90. I hope I did that good on the NYSP test.
    Eh, I'm sure you did. I found it much much easier than the County Test they gave Statewide back in November.
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
      Eh, I'm sure you did. I found it much much easier than the County Test they gave Statewide back in November.
      Still, you never know. next thing you know I could get a 71 on the NYSP test. I would be heart broken. You have love our slow moving government.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Still, you never know. next thing you know I could get a 71 on the NYSP test. I would be heart broken. You have love our slow moving government.
        Think positive, brother.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
          You guys had vaults? That's OLD technology! They have systems out there that replace the OEM rearview mirror and record to a compact-flash card built into the unit. I know a bunch of local agencies have these units in their cars, and they absolutely love them.
          My new car (got rid of that POS 07 Tahoe) doesn't even have a rear antenna, what makes you think we would have digital cameras to back up guys on PCs? It would be nice to have that in every car but I bet some reason would come up that the state would say we couldn't afford something like that even though we wrote 1 million tickets last year.

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
          SO when you record someone on a traffic stop, do you have to tell them that they're being recorded?
          As has already been stated... NY is a single party state... as long as one person knows a recording is taking place... it's all good. I have told 'a couple' of people to stand with thier knees on my bumber and stare and the blinking red light (when I had a camera car) but left it up to them to surmise that they were being recorder while I seached their car.
          Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-09-2008, 10:29 PM.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Your notice had a score? Mine said scores wouldn't be made available until after the oral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
              Your notice had a score? Mine said scores wouldn't be made available until after the oral.
              Like a 'friend' that's trying to string you on in an effort to not hurt you?
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                Your notice had a score? Mine said scores wouldn't be made available until after the oral.
                yes, the score is in there. I had to read it two tines in order to fine it lol.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• So, If I stop someone and I see that they are getting out of hand. All I have to say is that they're being recorded.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

So, If I stop someone and I see that they are getting out of hand. All I have to say is that they're being recorded.
                    No. As long as one person knows (i.e. you), it is fine. You could walk around and record every conversation you have with every person and it is fine.

What the law prohibits is unlawful eavesdropping, meaning if you were attempting to record a conversation between two other persons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

Hmm... you guys still have cameras? .
                      We don't but I know a guy in Herkimer who has the new system - no more videos... I am not sure if it like a pilot program or are the phasing them in slowly. I would really like to have them for a lot of reasons...

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                        it also had a button I could press that would mark my current position via GPS incase I was in a chase and the subject threw something out of the vehicle.
                        Now that is awesome thinking right there.

New York State Police

Comment

• I was watching one of these court shows on TV (i think it was joe brown) and an LAPD cop was awarded 5 grand when he exposed the complainant's false accusations via a voice recording. The guy said the officer used racial remarks...he didn't. It was sweet to watch the guy try to lie his way out of it...and then have the judge slam him with a 5g settlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                            No. As long as one person knows (i.e. you), it is fine. You could walk around and record every conversation you have with every person and it is fine.

What the law prohibits is unlawful eavesdropping, meaning if you were attempting to record a conversation between two other persons.
                            ooooo ok, that explains it better. Thank you.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Speaking of videos I think I found one of SDT in his earlier years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5C1NZ5IHog
                              LOL
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Is NYSP Academy similar to LASD Academy in that you're in conservative business attire for weeks until you get a regular uniform issued?

Is it like going back to basic training in terms of the Drill Sgt and your dormitory in terms of perfect hospital corners, everything exactly the same, them trashing your bunk if its wrong, etc?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7729 users online. 361 members and 7368 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X