300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    Nah, most of the people we arrest don't pay taxes because they don't have jobs... in fact, you pay taxes and they collect unemployment/benefits/whatever. Your tax dollars are paying for them to ruin their own lives.
    Dontcha love it? It's VERY difficult to maintain my composure when I call on location at a call for a toothache at 3am on Sunday morning and my patient meets me at the curb with her bags packed and three or four "mastercaid" cards in hand.

At my last ambulance squad, our nextdoor neighbor ran a catering business. It was a well-known fact that his "cash only" business was funded with foodstamps. He'd buy the food for the business with foodstamps, take in cash for the catering, and then make the payment for his cadillac, his truck, and his 60" plasma TV. Oh, and his kids ate McDonald's every day.

And here I am, working my butt off to be a positive contribution to society, I still don't make enough to pay for my own health insurance, but I make too much to get any help. I'd probably have a better lifestyle if I just quit and figured out how to work the system.

Damn my morality!
    Last edited by hxd; 06-08-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• For those of you that carry voice recorders devices with you on patrol, is it legal to record someone in NYS without their knowledge?
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I wonder when the 2008 NYSP scores are coming

Comment

• Originally posted by JBStateCO View Post
          I wonder when the 2008 NYSP scores are coming
          Who knows, I'll just wait to be surprised by the mail one day. If I had to guess I would say sometime in July.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Hopefully it won't take until July. Processing for the first academy will have to move pretty quickly either way if it is to be held around Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              For those of you that carry voice recorders devices with you on patrol, is it legal to record someone in NYS without their knowledge?
              You might be getting confused with recording phone calls, where NY is in fact a one party state. Basically as long as one party is aware it is legal.

A motorist on a traffic stop has recorded me and I have been recorded making arrests. All of this is perfectly legal as long as they don't interfere with my investigation. Just better make sure I have my Stetson on, right HXD This is no different than our vehicles, which have cameras in them. Those motorists are being recorded on video and audio.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                Just better make sure I have my Stetson on, right HXD
                That's right. But not because I'm watching. We ALL know that any UTT issued while not in full uniform gets thrown out in court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                  Processing for the first academy will have to move pretty quickly either way if it is to be held around Jan.
                  I heard December.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                    That's right. But not because I'm watching. We ALL know that any UTT issued while not in full uniform gets thrown out in court.
                    This is not true, is it? (Sarcasm HXD?)

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                      (Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations)
                      That's what my supervisor told me when I got jammed up on a Art 15 in Minot for sleeping on duty... so I accused my Commander (an O-5) of sleeping around on his wife... it didn't work

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      Just better make sure I have my Stetson on, right HXD This is no different than our vehicles, which have cameras in them. Those motorists are being recorded on video and audio.
                      Hmm... you guys still have cameras? Mine was the last one down here but the mic car broke so I had video with no audio then the camera started acting up and they pulled the vault. I miss it a great deal... It was fun playing back SFST's in the patrol room while proscessing a drunk. I use a digital recorder now.
                      Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-09-2008, 12:23 PM.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I just got my PA trooper scores back and I took that in the beginning of May. It was the exact same test, and actually had NYS Troopers on the cover.
                        "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Care to share the score?
                          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            Hmm... you guys still have cameras? Mine was the last one down here but the mic car broke so I had video with no audio then the camera started acting up and they pulled the vault. I miss it a great deal... It was fun playing back SFST's in the patrol room while proscessing a drunk. I use a digital recorder now.
                            You guys had vaults? That's OLD technology! They have systems out there that replace the OEM rearview mirror and record to a compact-flash card built into the unit. I know a bunch of local agencies have these units in their cars, and they absolutely love them.
                            Last edited by hxd; 06-09-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              That's what my supervisor told me when I got jammed up on a Art 15 in Minot for sleeping on duty... so I accused my Commander (an O-5) of sleeping around on his wife... it didn't work

SO when you record someone on a traffic stop, do you have to tell them that they're being recorded?
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                                Care to share the score?
                                took the same test on may 18th and got back my score today, scored a 90. I hope I did that good on the NYSP test.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7318 users online. 411 members and 6907 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X