300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent news 2xvet.

I'm learning to cut my own hair. I did half of it at my last hairdresser appointment
    I go with a 1 on part of the sides and back and blend with a 2 to a 4 guard on top. I hope that is military enough looking to blend in with everybody. If it is too much trouble, then I'll just get rid of it all.

No history of baldness in my family so no luck there and my hair grows unusually fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton

I'm learning to cut my own hair.

ROFL...

I'll bet that looks just great.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Still Nothing

Originally posted by mike the marine
        Nothing yet for me. Ranked around 2900. My last name starts with a Z so that may or may not have something to do with it. Getting a little grey up top right about now!

Starting to get a bit nervous now. I was really hoping today would be the day. But I am hoping that maybe with my last name ending in W and I currently live out of state may be the reason I have yet to hear anything. Anybody still in the same boat???
        Last edited by Backto NY; 04-22-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
          Excellent news 2xvet.
          Thanks RGratton.. I have to thank everyone on these message boards for all the support and look forward to being apart of the Team.

If anyone has any advise on any course we will be taking, or tips and tricks-of-the-trade you want share with us new guys, I would reallllllly appreciate the heads-up..

Thanks again,
          -2xvet

Comment

• Mass State Police Academy

Check out the Mass State Police Academy, recruits began training April 3rd and are into their 3rd week of training. Check out the pictures (something to look forward to)

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssubtopic&L=6&L0=Home&L1=Funding+%26+Tr aining+Opportunities&L2=Law+Enforcement&L3=State+P olice+Academy&L4=Academy+Recruit+Class+(R.T.T.)&L5 =79th+Recruit+Training+Troop&sid=Eeops

Comment

• Originally posted by Troophopeful
              Check out the Mass State Police Academy, recruits began training April 3rd and are into their 3rd week of training. Check out the pictures (something to look forward to)
              A good reality check for anyone that is still on cloud 9
              I especially like the picture where the instructor is obviously yelling at full volume into the ear of a recruit. A good dose of humility goes a long ways.

I'm going shopping tomorrow to buy most of everything that I will need, trying to stick to the bare essentials. Hopefully I can find a store at the mall with the oxfords that I want.

I also want to thank the troopers that have stuck around here and on the other message boards to give us advice and encouragement. It is appreciated. It's great how so many troopers take the time to support aspiring troopers (both here and the many that reached out to me in person).

Comment

• Backto NY
                I am in the same boat as you. My last name starts with B and I live in the Buffalo area and I have not heard anything either. I am thinking maybe it took longer than expected for my school to send my transcript or something like that. If I dont here anything on Monday, then I am going to be really worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xvet
                  Thanks RGratton.. I have to thank everyone on these message boards for all the support and look forward to being apart of the Team.

If anyone has any advise on any course we will be taking, or tips and tricks-of-the-trade you want share with us new guys, I would reallllllly appreciate the heads-up..

Thanks again,
                  -2xvet
                  We all had to go blindly into the academy just as you will... it would ruin part of the experience if you knew what to expect. The best thing that can be said is be a team player, don't stick out unless you want attention, and DON'T QUIT!

Originally posted by Troophopeful

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssubtopic&L=6&L0=Home&L1=Funding+%26+Tr aining+Opportunities&L2=Law+Enforcement&L3=State+P olice+Academy&L4=Academy+Recruit+Class+(R.T.T.)&L5 =79th+Recruit+Training+Troop&sid=Eeops

Oh no... not more pics of Mass SP Academy... Don't you remember what happened last time pics were posted from that academy... huge debate about how unproductive para-military academies are versus no stress academies and some other silly topics.
                  Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-23-2006, 06:25 AM.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I must have missed that last one
                    I think we have a good group here so hopefully we can keep this thread debate free

Oh no... not more pics of Mass SP Academy... Don't you remember what happened last time pics were posted from that academy... huge debate about how unproductive para-military academies are versus no stress academies and some other silly topics.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Any suggestions

Originally posted by MBMB
                      Backto NY
                      I am in the same boat as you. My last name starts with B and I live in the Buffalo area and I have not heard anything either. I am thinking maybe it took longer than expected for my school to send my transcript or something like that. If I dont here anything on Monday, then I am going to be really worried.

Are there any suggestions for those of us who have not yet heard? As far as I know my BI went great, the medical weekend went very well. So I am really hoping that living out of state is what is causing the delay in the mail.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone with invites!

We must also pray for the family for another NY State Trooper killed in the line of duty in Pompey Hill, NY

Comment

• Rest in peace Trooper Craig Todeschini

Comment

• RIP Trooper Craig Todeschini

Originally posted by RGratton
                            Rest in peace Trooper Craig Todeschini
                            Last edited by WishIKnew; 11-08-2007, 04:26 PM. Reason: none

Comment

• Shoes for Academy

On the list they say we need a rubber sole black oxford shoe that can hold a shine.

I purchased the Bates-Oxford "Enforcer" shoe, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or comments on this or another brand that may be more comfortable or preferenced by the academy?

Thanks-2xvet

Comment

• I actually tried to find a Bates retailer in my area to try a pair of Bates Lites, but the only retailer Bates listed in my area had absolutely no real leather Bates oxfords.

I ended up buying some Deer Stags (http://www.deerstags.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=232). They seem comfy and i got them for around 30 dollars on sale, as opposed to the 60 dollars that the website lists. Hopefully I can get a good shine on them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11300 users online. 523 members and 10777 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X