• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini
    Welcome back buddy.
    Thanks I have been in Troop F but now I'm back to B

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      The Troopers that are SRO's are paid by the state police.

Some municipal officers are paid by their city. In other cases, the school district may reimburse the city. And in some cases the city and SD may split the cost.
      Thanks for clarifying SDT.
      "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
        Thanks I have been in Troop F but now I'm back to B
        That's a little bit of a change huh? F to E was a new world... I can't imagine F to B.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• There are a few things regarding physical fitness in the Academy that I've been wondering about for awhile now, maybe someone can answer for me.
          How much running is done in a typical Academy day? Mainly how many miles and at what pace? I know to graduate you need to do the mile and a half in 10 minutes and some-odd seconds, but what about on a day to day basis?

Hopefully this hasn't been covered already somewhere in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
            There are a few things regarding physical fitness in the Academy that I've been wondering about for awhile now, maybe someone can answer for me.
            How much running is done in a typical Academy day? Mainly how many miles and at what pace? I know to graduate you need to do the mile and a half in 10 minutes and some-odd seconds, but what about on a day to day basis?

If you read back far enough you will find a pretty good idea of what the basic morning PT is.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              That's a little bit of a change huh? F to E was a new world... I can't imagine F to B.
              Actually it's not much different. Down in F there were trailer parks and prisons. In B there are trailer parks, prisons but more trees.
              Other than that the reports are different, but thats to be expected.

Comment

• average ..... a 5k in under 30 min

Comment

• Had any of you have any funny DUI stories like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVll...eature=related
                  That's a classic. lol
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                    There are a few things regarding physical fitness in the Academy that I've been wondering about for awhile now, maybe someone can answer for me.

The loop is around 3.1 miles which like Fucco said is a 5k.

Unless things have changed... After the first week or so you are split into groups by your PT run time. The fast group takes off first, then the medium group and then the slow group. You basically can break away from the group as long as you are not running by yourself with no one around you. Meaning you are not running in formation.

You do the loop (5k) 3-4 times a week, 1 day for circuit training and 1 day for sprints. Not a lot of running really, but it must work as most people have really good 1.5 mile times at the end.

You can't carry a watch for most of the academy (PT) but occasionally they shout out the times as you finish and I remember the bulk of people finish around 24 mins. We had one guy do his 1.5 mile in 7:56 and another in 7:58 so those two would run together on the loop!

I will stop there as it is more interesting when you go into something completely blind

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                      Had any of you have any funny DUI stories like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVll...eature=related
                      That's a classic. lol
                      Just wondering what you might have been searching for to find that video

Most drunks are not funny; in fact, almost none. I get a lot of DWIs and I would say 75%-85% are ok and understand they messed up and are pretty agreeable, but the others... They tend to blame you for ruining their life; threaten you and/or your family, etc...

I even had a woman wish our kids would die and if we didn't have kids she wished we would have them and then they would die. She called the next day to apologize and asked how bad she was.

Then there was the naked 65yr old woman Felony DWI, a sight I still can't erase from my memory. The grand jury got a kick out of that stop!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

Most drunks are not funny; in fact, almost none. I get a lot of DWIs and I would say 75%-85% are ok and understand they messed up and are pretty agreeable, but the others... They tend to blame you for ruining their life; threaten you and/or your family, etc...

I even had a woman wish our kids would die and if we didn't have kids she wished we would have them and then they would die. She called the next day to apologize and asked how bad she was.

Then there was the naked 65yr old woman Felony DWI, a sight I still can't erase from my memory. The grand jury got a kick out of that stop!
                        Naked. That's a night mare.

I was watching this
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuTBgMfw3gA
                        and that clip showed on the side.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Never had anyone wish my kids die but I do get accused of ruining lives all the time.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Felony DWI
                            I'm just curious, what is the deciding factor as to whether the charge is DWI or Felony DWI?

I'm not a police officer, but I do have my own DWI story

I did a ride along with the California Highway Patrol, and the officer I rode with got dispatched to a hit & run accident. We roll up and the Sheriffs are already on seen with the victim and after talking with them my officer decides we should cruise down the interstate looking for the suspect. Then we get a call on the radio that another Sheriff unit has been struck by a vehicle matching the description of the earlier hit & run. We respond, get on scene, everyone is ok including the Deputy involved in the accident. He turns it over to the CHP Officer I was riding with. After all the FST's and questioning he decides to make the arrest. When we all pile into the squad car (officer, a drunken 70+ grandmother, and me) she starts yelling at us. (she thought I was a cop because of my high and tight). Spitting and cursing that "you can't take me to jail, I'm the victim!" , "That ******* guy hit me back their, arrest him" (talking about the Sheriff she hit) and "I'm a ******* grandmother, would you arrest youre grandmother too?"

The CHP Officer is smiling at me by this point, and says to me, "are you sure you want this job?" I say "yeah, this is great, hey can we roll the windows down because it stinks in here" The suspect is like, "be quiet, and slow down! I dont want to get a ticket for speeding, the cops are all over this highway and I dont want to deal with the law". (she was cuffed in the back seat of a CHP car mind you) So the officer responds in a voice that crossed John Wayne and Clint Eastwood and says, "Ma'am, I am the law around these parts...now keep it down." She shut right up after that.
                            Last edited by reils49; 06-07-2008, 11:57 AM.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              I'm just curious, what is the deciding factor as to whether the charge is DWI or Felony DWI?
                              There are a whole bunch of factors that could elevate DWI to a felony. Getting a second DWI inside of ten years is among the more common ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                Never had anyone wish my kids die but I do get accused of ruining lives all the time.
                                I can hear the response now. "Yes ma'am. Your tax dollars are paying for me to ruin your life."

By the way... I hate you for those youtube clips. The whole series is spreading around the office like a bad rash. You can only hear "BOOBIES!" so many times before it gets old.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6783 users online. 352 members and 6431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X