Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m surprised that this much time has passed and the “circumstances beyond our control” have not been revealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
      I’m surprised that this much time has passed and the “circumstances beyond our control” have not been revealed.
      You will never know the "circumstances". You do not have a need to know. Get used to it........ or you could file a Freedom of Information Act request!
      Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
      American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• State has been pretty bad recently about returning tests. I took another one which was promised as being graded in 4 to 6 weeks... ended up being 6 months. A guy in my office was calling civil service every week about it, was on a first name basis with the woman there. She actually called him when the scores finally were mailed.
        Last edited by a cashew; 06-03-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• I just ran 7miles, I'm done. I felt like I was going to die lol.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post

You may want to check out the photo's of the last two NYSP Supe's and then revise your political "views" end of each new post...

In any case that really doesn't belong on the site...IMO.

Not saying who I will vote for at all...
            Are you serious?

Yeah, I've checked the pictures of NYSP Superintendents (Preston Felton and Harry Corbitt included) and all I see is NYSP gray and purple. That's the funny thing you don't get; people who put their lives on the line don't see race, sex, religion, or politics.....they see a brother or sister, a fellow Trooper, officer, Marine whatever the case may be.

Last time I checked this was still a free country, <blah blah blah> I'm not going to get into it here. This section of O.com is dedicated to the New York State Police, nothing else. If you want, you're more than welcome to slug it out with me in the political section.

And remember, if you've enjoyed your freedom today.... you're welcome
            Last edited by reils49; 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              I'm voting for the midget.
              Me too.

Comment

• I certainly enjoyed my freedom. So thank you reils, and all other servicemen on the board.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  I certainly enjoyed my freedom. So thank you reils, and all other servicemen on the board.
                  I enjoyed mine too, thanks Jarhead1302

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    And remember, if you've enjoyed your freedom today.... you're welcome

I read a great sign someplace, I wish I could remember where.

"If you are reading this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Marine."

Having never served in the military, I thank you all who have (any branch).
                    Last edited by SlowDownThere; 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      I read a great sign someplace, I wish I could remember where.

"If you are reading this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Marine."
                      While writing a ticket on the side of the NYS Thruway perhaps???

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                        The whole quote is "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Marine. If they can also read this you are not talking to a Marine you are talking to a Soldier."

I'm kidding. Take a deep breath, place the AT4 on the ground and slowly walk away.
                        He is kidding, I swear. <OK, he's not. I caint reed gud eether...SEMPER FI>

By the way, thanks for my 1st Amendment rights NYIllini

Comment

• Thanks to all that have put their time in, with out you it would be a different world.

wish I went in!!
                          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Lefty/Righty

Posting political opinions and using semi-profanity is not what this forum nor this entire site is supposed to be about.

Left wing or right wing is not the issue, nor is this a first amendment issue.

Whom I vote for is also not the issue. But DO VOTE !

Posting slang profanity is the issue and I can assure you that using that term verbally on a MV stop or posting that slogan as a bumper sticker on your Troop car's bumper would send you on a fast track to Internal Affairs. It would when my Father was NJSP and NYSP is no different.

Furthermore, posting the USMC slogans, stickers, means little on any Internet site. As my Brother at The United States Naval Academy says, wearing the "tomatoe can" ribbon (unless you are a "prior") around The Yard is just silly. Likewise wearing "Semper Fidelis" on the Internet. Post a certified copy of you DD214 then I will buy you beers, any where, any time, any amount.

The FACT that ALL the people here are willing, ready, and hopefully able to serve or are currently serving in the NYSP says all that is necessary about their political views. As my Father used to say, "I don't get paid for what I do, but for what I may have to do."

What some postings say about their author's good taste is another issue...and the issue here.

Comment

• Seriously…can we go back to whining about scores now?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                                The FACT that ALL the people here are willing, ready, and hopefully able to serve or are currently serving in the NYSP says all that is necessary about their political views..
                                Explain?

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                                Last time I checked this was still a free country,
                                If you are fortunate to make it into the ranks of the NYSP you will find out that your statement does not always apply to you!

You will have to watch what you say when you say it and what you do when you do it! You will have to act as if you have a camera on you at all times, which is how you should act regardless...

I have noticed the same thing bigwill noticed about some of your posts and you had better hope you don't get involved in a traffic stop or a complaint that involves an elected official, because then your posts on this forum very well might hurt you down the line...

Furthermore, there is a thread on this post asking what dept everyone works for and one poster refuses to say as an individual he bumped heads with on this forum contacted his IAB stating he was being obnoxious and a bad representation for his dept or whatever. It can happen!

Also, one of the mods from another LE site had an astute defense attorney pull all the posts he made and used some of them against him in a case. Following that he was disciplined and was told by his dept to cease posting on the forum.

Lastily, just because only a half dozen or so members of the NYSP post on this site it doesn't mean that a lot more don't monitor this forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7760 users online. 394 members and 7366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X