300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
    I'm curious to know, what type of track do they test you on for the PAT? Is it cinder, recycled rubber, something else? I seem to do much better on cinder tracks than something much harder.

The PAT is given throughout the state, at places such as state universities.
    Check out the track at a nearby SUNY, and you'll get an idea. I believe they use facilities other than SUNY schools too.

E-mail your recruiter. He may know where you'll take the test if he knows where you live. At least he'll kknow where they gave it last summer. I worked at one PAT session last summer at SUNY Geneseo.
    Last edited by SlowDownThere; 05-30-2008, 11:02 AM.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
      Off topic for a second, and just a geewiz question; Troopers who do the heavy truck detail (not sure what is it called), why do they wear black uniforms?
      A geewiz question?!?! They are actually ninjas. They are the ones the MRT or SORT (whatever they are called now) use when they are in trouble. Don't **** off one of those old guys they will go yoda on your ***!

Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
      I'm curious to know, what type of track do they test you on for the PAT? Is it cinder, recycled rubber, something else? I seem to do much better on cinder tracks than something much harder.

It is magnetic and you have to run with metalic boots... And they wonder why so many fail the run!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        A geewiz question?!?! They are actually ninjas. They are the ones the MRT or SORT (whatever they are called now) use when they are in trouble. Don't **** off one of those old guys they will go yoda on your ***!
        HAHAHA! I was actually going to post a reply about them being highly trained Ninjas but it came to mind last night while having a couple of "sodas" so I decided not to post.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          The PAT is given throughout the state, at places such as state universities.
          Check out the track at a nearby SUNY, and you'll get an idea. I believe they use facilities other than SUNY schools too.

E-mail your recruiter. He may know where you'll take the test if he knows where you live. At least he'll kknow where they gave it last summer. I worked at one PAT session last summer at SUNY Geneseo.
          I see. Thank you. Closest SUNY track near me is a hard track that kicks my butt.
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            It is magnetic and you have to run with metalic boots... And they wonder why so many fail the run!
            It would be kind of cool if it were reverse polarized (like a mag lev train) and you could do the whole run on air.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

It would be kind of cool if it were reverse polarized (like a mag lev train) and you could do the whole run on air.
              They have that out here, that's were SCPD does their 1.5mile run. It's pretty cool to watch those people run in the air.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I was looking around the internet, and found this picture. What do the "rockers" under there Sergeant chevrons mean? In the Marine Corps that would be a Master Sergeant/1st Sergeant and a Staff Sergeant, but what is it in the State Police???

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                  They have that out here, that's were SCPD does their 1.5mile run. It's pretty cool to watch those people run in the air.
                  Nice!

New York State Police

Comment

Nice!
                    Yup, when you run from SCPD they don't run after you, The put on their Jet packs like the jetson and fly after you.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                      Yup, when you run from SCPD they don't run after you, The put on their Jet packs like the jetson and fly after you.
                      They also have those new proximity Tasers too from what I hear.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        I was looking around the internet, and found this picture. What do the "rockers" under there Sergeant chevrons mean? In the Marine Corps that would be a Master Sergeant/1st Sergeant and a Staff Sergeant, but what is it in the State Police???
                        three up, one down is Technical Sergeant
                        three up, two down is a station commander
                        three up, three down is a zone Sergeant
                        three up, three down with a diamond inside is a First Sergeant

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                          Thanks. Are those ranks that you test for?
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            Thanks. Are those ranks that you test for?
                            The only test is for the rank of Sergeant (no rockers)

Some, not all, technical sergeants have pased the sergeants test, and therefore have the "permanent rank" of sergeant.

The others ranks always have the permanent rank, but these are appointments. There is no test for station commander, for example, or zone sergeant. The TC will pick a sgt to become a SC. He will pick a SC to become a Z/Sgt. He ususally picks a Z/Sgt to become a F/Sgt.

T/Sgt's have specialized duties, such as communications or traffic, or CVEU. They are outside of the normal chain-of-command for troopers on normal patrol. They work at Troop HQ's and Division HQ's only.

A station will have one SC, and one or more sergeants (no rockers).
                            Last edited by SlowDownThere; 05-30-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                              How do you know this?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9454 users online. 449 members and 9005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X