Clear All

• VeeDub, are you from Dutchess?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      VeeDub, are you from Dutchess?
      Yep.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• I am too, well kinda.

Comment

• On deployment, but from Dutchess?

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• From Dutchess/Columbia, currently living in California.

Comment

• Ahhh gotcha. Looking to go to Troop K if you get hired?

New York State Police

Comment

• I'm not too picky. If I get hired, Im going to be very happy with that. Troop K wouldnt be too bad, I have a couple buddies who work there. But if they sent me elsewhere, I would have some distance between me and the in-laws. And thats a plus.

When you took the test for the DCSO, did you put your name on any other lists? I heard the city of PK has already started canvassing. But you have to live there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  You are welcome. But why would I post bull?

Unless you are counting the post where I gave some advice on what to bring to the Academy on your first day. I'll post it again before the next class.
                  lol, didn't you tell people that the instructors at the academy would carry your bags for you, if you get tired of carrying them around.
                  and
                  That they should bring a small refrigerator.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Off topic for a second, and just a geewiz question; Troopers who do the heavy truck detail (not sure what is it called), why do they wear black uniforms?

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      I'm not too picky. If I get hired, Im going to be very happy with that. Troop K wouldnt be too bad, I have a couple buddies who work there. But if they sent me elsewhere, I would have some distance between me and the in-laws. And thats a plus.

When you took the test for the DCSO, did you put your name on any other lists? I heard the city of PK has already started canvassing. But you have to live there.
                      I hear you on the in-laws.

I didn't know that you had to specifically put your name on the other lists. I just assumed that the town and city agencies used the same list without any more to be done. I think City of PK is a 10 mile radius and the Town of PK you have to live in iirc.

New York State Police

Comment

• FYI:...from the NYS Trooper website
                        Trooper Exam Notice:

Last updated May 20, 2008 - Due to circumstances beyond our control, examination scores for the January / February 2008 exam are not yet available. We hope to make the scores available in the near future and suggest that you return to this site periodically to check for score updates. Please do not make phone or e-mail inquiries about your scores. We will provide them as soon as they are available to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                          Off topic for a second, and just a geewiz question; Troopers who do the heavy truck detail (not sure what is it called), why do they wear black uniforms?
                          And it's called CVEU: Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I'm curious to know, what type of track do they test you on for the PAT? Is it cinder, recycled rubber, something else? I seem to do much better on cinder tracks than something much harder.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              And it's called CVEU: Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit
                              That may be their official title but a few of the guys I know on the detail called (now retired) themselves "Trucker **ckers"... as have some of the truckers I have heard talking on the radio.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I know thats what my father in law calls them. (he's a trucker)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8422 users online. 198 members and 8224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X