300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYPDtoGrey View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the NYS Parks Police?
    NYSP has a bike detail, where troopers wear shorts. It is a small detail, see them most of the summer cruzing in Lake George.
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
      I understand the policy on no visible tattoos with the uniform shirt. What is the NYSP policy on leg tattoos? Can they just be covered with the uniform trousers?
      I'm pretty sure you will need to remove the tatoo, I'm not positive though. During your processing weekend, they photograph all the tatoos you have on your body and if it needs to be removed, that's when they will let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        I'm pretty sure you will need to remove the tatoo, I'm not positive though. During your processing weekend, they photograph all the tatoos you have on your body and if it needs to be removed, that's when they will let you know.
        I highly doubt you will have to remove a leg tatoo. A lot of people in my class had them. They only care about the regular uniform, which is pants and a long or short sleeve shirt. PT gear is only a uniform in the academy(not real life). As long as it's not offensive you should be all set.

Good luck guys and I feel your pain about the scores, that's bs you haven't gotten them yet. We were telling people at the test they would be out in 4-6 weeks, we were a little off. I'm sure they will be hiring off the future list for the next class so that means a quick processing for some of you, which is good.
        Last edited by WishIKnew; 05-28-2008, 07:54 AM. Reason: ########

Comment

• The Major at our test site said April 4th.."absolute latest".

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
            I'm sure they will be hiring off the future list for the next class so that means a quick processing for some of you, which is good.
            Any word on when the first class from the new list is expected to start?
            (I know the website says "fall 2008", just wondering if any troopers have heard anything more specific)

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
              The Major at our test site said April 4th.."absolute latest".
              Did he specify what year? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
                I highly doubt you will have to remove a leg tatoo. A lot of people in my class had them. They only care about the regular uniform, which is pants and a long or short sleeve shirt. PT gear is only a uniform in the academy(not real life). As long as it's not offensive you should be all set.

Good luck guys and I feel your pain about the scores, that's bs you haven't gotten them yet. We were telling people at the test they would be out in 4-6 weeks, we were a little off. I'm sure they will be hiring off the future list for the next class so that means a quick processing for some of you, which is good.
                That's my hunch too. You might not get chosen for a special detail that wears shorts, but it shouldn't prevent you from getting hired.

About this delay....People should keep in mind that it is not slowing down hiring at all. The next class is October at the earliest, so the delay in getting your score hasn't caused you any skin yet.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Yet being the key word. I have a hard time believing they can push through an academy class, if they're going to use the new lists, in time for October.

Comment

• I received my scores in the mail today, Didn't do too good.

Just Joking.
                    Last edited by John2008; 05-28-2008, 03:27 PM.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

"Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
                        Yet being the key word. I have a hard time believing they can push through an academy class, if they're going to use the new lists, in time for October.

Of course they can. And besides, looks like the scores are out.

Sorry about that John2008.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that John.
                          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            Of course they can. And besides, looks like the scores are out.

Sorry about that John2008.
                            Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                            Sorry to hear that John.

, maybe next time.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I want my score now!
                              Last edited by VeeDubs86; 05-28-2008, 03:35 PM.
                              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

"Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5617 users online. 306 members and 5311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X