300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rabbit214 View Post
    Dubya, Thanks for the info. Guess I have to look into Lasik... btw, they gave you that test during the pt phase of the process correct?
    Nope they gave that test during the applicant processing weekend. That's where they make you do a urine sample, eye test, fingerprinting, pictures, height and weight, and hearing. If you pass all of that, you get to take the written psych on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
      Nope they gave that test during the applicant processing weekend. That's where they make you do a urine sample, eye test, fingerprinting, pictures, height and weight, and hearing. If you pass all of that, you get to take the written psych on Sunday.
      how much notice did they give you prior to the processing weekend?
      2/7 - NYSP written test
      5/3 - NFTA written test
      5/23 - IEA written test

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

• couple weeks........month

Comment

• or possibly years.
          "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• I understand the policy on no visible tattoos with the uniform shirt. What is the NYSP policy on leg tattoos? Can they just be covered with the uniform trousers?
            "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
              I understand the policy on no visible tattoos with the uniform shirt. What is the NYSP policy on leg tattoos? Can they just be covered with the uniform trousers?
              I believe so, plus I've never seen a trooper wear shorts I always see them with the Long pants on.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Leg tattoos would be visible in PT gear. I wonder if that counts as "visible in uniform"?
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Leg tattoos would be visible in PT gear. I wonder if that counts as "visible in uniform"?
                  can't he cover it with his socks or patch or something?
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                    can't he cover it with his socks or patch or something?
                    Yeah I have never seen a trooper in shorts ever. If it has to be removed then so be it but I wont go through any of that until they get to sending those scores. I'm not holding my breath anymore waiting for them...
                    "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• I actually saw Troopers at Jones Beach this past weekend for the air show wearing shorts. They were also on bikes which is something I've never seen a Trooper do before.

Comment

• http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/

Trooper Exam Notice:

Last updated May 20, 2008 - Due to circumstances beyond our control, examination scores for the January / February 2008 exam are not yet available. We hope to make the scores available in the near future and suggest that you return to this site periodically to check for score updates. Please do not make phone or e-mail inquiries about your scores. We will provide them as soon as they are available to us.

I wonder what are the "circumstances beyond our control."
                        Last edited by SlowDownThere; 05-27-2008, 09:22 PM.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I wonder if any of this slowdown in processing/hiring has anything to do with our current governor's call for budget cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                            I actually saw Troopers at Jones Beach this past weekend for the air show wearing shorts. They were also on bikes which is something I've never seen a Trooper do before.
                            Are you sure it wasn't the NYS Parks Police?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              I wonder what are the "circumstances beyond our control."
                              Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
                              I wonder if any of this slowdown in processing/hiring has anything to do with our current governor's call for budget cuts.
                              That's my vote. It's already been pretty well established that the scores are in Albany, as several people with inside contacts have been able to obtain theirs. I'm sure that if NYSP had their way, they'd start processing soon. The delay has to be coming from higher up.

Oh, well. So I go back to my real job again tomorrow. Oh wait! I'm on vacation!

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                                That's my vote. It's already been pretty well established that the scores are in Albany, as several people with inside contacts have been able to obtain theirs. I'm sure that if NYSP had their way, they'd start processing soon. The delay has to be coming from higher up.

Oh, well. So I go back to my real job again tomorrow. Oh wait! I'm on vacation!
                                I go on vacation next wed, going to Miami beach.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4713 users online. 212 members and 4501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X