Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing on the written is a 70 correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
      donno will have to ask him to clarify this, but I think as long as your below 20% you should be ok.
      I spoke to the recruiter and he told me not to worry about it as long as I can pass the P.A.T. but I just want to hear it from more than one person.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        so do they really disqualify people for being too heavy or having above the approved body fat even if you pass the P.A.T?

Here's a better question, can they disqualify you if your too skinny?

Comment

• The height/weight requirements are crazy. Fresh out of the NYPD academy I was 180lbs, NYSP wants me to be no more than 167lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
            I spoke to the recruiter and he told me not to worry about it as long as I can pass the P.A.T. but I just want to hear it from more than one person.
            This sounds about right, it might just be one of those "things" where if they don't like you they could use it as an excuse to dq someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdlynbrook View Post
              Here's a better question, can they disqualify you if your too skinny?
              No!

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              You won't have a problem!

Comment

• Weight,

I checked with two NYSP recruiters, both said it won't be a problem.

I am well over the maximums but in shape from college football.
                Continue to work out and can do the current "pass" numbers shown on the NYSP site for Academy graduation PATs.

My Brother at USNA is on football team and is 265 (family calls him little), he wants Naval Aviation and cannot be over 235 to be in an ejection seat. He is also 6-5 and may not fit into the ejection seat ! So all Firstie (Seniors) the lineman on the team go on diets/running/exercise programs after the season to make the maximum weight allowed by service selection and job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                  Weight,

I checked with two NYSP recruiters, both said it won't be a problem.

I am well over the maximums but in shape from college football.
                  Continue to work out and can do the current "pass" numbers shown on the NYSP site for Academy graduation PATs.

My Brother at USNA is on football team and is 265 (family calls him little), he wants Naval Aviation and cannot be over 235 to be in an ejection seat. He is also 6-5 and may not fit into the ejection seat ! So all Firstie (Seniors) the lineman on the team go on diets/running/exercise programs after the season to make the maximum weight allowed by service selection and job.
                  I played football from the age of 10 to the age of 19 and stopped, but I'm still in shape to pass the P.A.T and I hit 200lbs+ at the age of 17 because all I did was lift weights and run, so that's why I'm 215 now, I'm spoke with two recruiters about that and they said it won't be a problem and I hope they're right. They need to hurry up and send us our scores.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I'm just curious, how is everyones run time looking?
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• 1.5 miles in 10:07 secs.. i want to die afterwards tho

the wind blowing in my face at the track kills my time by at least 10-20 secs

i weigh 205 btw

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        I'm just curious, how is everyones run time looking?
                        I haven't fully pushed myself on the 1.5 yet but the other night I ran a 10:05.
                        I am still building my stamina up after not running for 4 months, due to a knee injury. I have been running for the past 2 months now and everything seems good so far

- Godspeed
                        "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

Just got down to 9:46 about a week ago. I have been training for about 6 months now. I weigh 180.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code21 View Post
                            Just got down to 9:46 about a week ago. I have been training for about 6 months now. I weigh 180.
                            I dohn't cahr who 'yar, thats fast raaht der

(Seriously though, nice work!)

Comment

• Originally posted by thegeek187 View Post
                              Passing on the written is a 70 correct?
                              Yes this is correct.

Unfortunately, when I used my hook, I got some bad news. Not on the list.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

6:20 mile. havent timed myself on the 1 1/2 mile.

SDT what is the bad news?
                                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7793 users online. 416 members and 7377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X