300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Tell that to one of your classmates who works in my zone after what he had yesterday during the 1 shift... I think he is going to be a great Trooper but I bet he wasn't looking forward to handling what he did, only being a couple of weeks of FTO.
    Had a tough call?
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankiep02 View Post
      I called to ask when the PAT was going to be to see if I am able to go on vacation or not and found out my grade at the same time ... Seeing that only 66 got 100% i think that the upper 5 % is going to be less than a thousand.
      I'm going to call tomorrow and test my luck to see if I get my test score.
      Last edited by John2008; 05-20-2008, 01:34 AM.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I wonder if they will release the distribution of test score Ie 100% = 66, 99.5-99 244235 etc etc...

Comment

• The recruitment site was updated again this morning. I don't suggest calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
            The recruitment site was updated again this morning. I don't suggest calling.
            Wow, another delay. What a surprise!

However, the way they word that statement, it leads me to believe that this may be the testing companies fault. It's just weird that the testers with "ins" have been able to get their score.

Comment

• Wow...that's all I have to say.
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• They are doing this to test how many of us go insane. Nothing we can do.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I think I'm just going to start and graduate Law School. By the time I finish, I may have my score.
                  Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                    I think I'm just going to start and graduate Law School. By the time I finish, I may have my score.
                    lol.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• My 'IN' just informed me that I failed and my score is under 69. a little shocked, i have a masters and 3.9 gpa
                      TEA EXAM - passed w/o studying
                      SCPD- 95
                      NCPD 87

Comment

• I'm just going to wait until I get it in the mail.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            I do find the number of 100s interesting considering there were something like zero the last time around.

However, if you spend your time trying to figure out how Albany does things, the only thing that will happen is you'll wish you had those hours of your life back

That has to be one of the funniest (true) comments on this entire thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                              I agree that a re-test will probably never happen but something is messed up with this test.

66 people w/ %100 on a test is not that crazy, but when you factor in a scored personality portion...very strange.
                              I thought they made the academic portion far too easy (which would imply among other things that they want to keep a huge hiring pool, and they think that they are going to weed alot of people out), adding in that personality test was strange just in that fact that you get a cumulative score for both. Every other dpt I know does some sort of psych testing but it's separate from the initial academic testing. Combining both is strange because it could mean that a smart individual could conceivably not do well if they second guess themselves on the personality portion, by trying to interpret what the question is looking for (traits). But then again I can't lay complete blame the state for the test, its the contractors who designed the test who should reconsider their methodology.
                              Last edited by weasel3o3; 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                I would say that saying retest would be quite premature at this point.

Although if correct, I do find the number of 100s interesting considering there were something like zero the last time around.

However, if you spend your time trying to figure out how Albany does things, the only thing that will happen is you'll wish you had those hours of your life back
                                Do not be surprised if people (when get results back) will make a big deal on taking a re-test. I find it very shocking like GrayState said the amount of 100s on the exam. In past years I do not think there was anyone that scored that high.

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9011 users online. 402 members and 8609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X