300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYIllini

. I called everybody Trooper Soandso or sir or SGT until I was told by them I could address them otherwise.
    Just don't be like the new guy at my station. A guy with 20+ yrs on introduced himself as John and the boot replied pleased to meet you I am Trooper "*****" WTF...

We know you are a trooper by guy!

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Did anyone get their results back from the 2008 Trooper exam?

Comment

• It's taking longer than expected...

Comment

• Yeah i see

Comment

• Originally posted by JBStateCO View Post
            Hey Guys,

Did anyone get their results back from the 2008 Trooper exam?
            Not to worry guys, it is still early may! Now once the 15th rolls around then you can be saddened that you did not receive them in early May. So in the mean time turn your frowns upside down.

- Godspeed
            "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

• i don't know whats sadder...the fact that you quoted the golden girls, watched it enough to actually remember a quote or are old enough to remember them? j/kin j/kin

hahaha

Comment

• HAHALOL... Golden Girls, wow I have not thought about that show in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                  HAHALOL... Golden Girls, wow I have not thought about that show in a while.
                  That show is past my time....hahaha
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

I called everybody Trooper Soandso or sir or SGT until I was told by them I could address them otherwise. Actually I still do that.
                    Yeah, and it's common practice, apparently. Not the worst thing in the world, but most of us don't have egos big enough that we require being called "sir."

Save that for the LT's and higher.
                    Last edited by SlowDownThere; 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Actually I have to blame this one on the wife. We only have one TV in the house and in order to watch what I want, I have to first watch what she wants which, sad enough, means I can quote Golden Girls.
                      I kind of feel your pain, I had a similar thing with my wife. Except it was w/ "Gilmore Girls".
                      "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

• Originally posted by lightknight64 View Post
                        I kind of feel your pain, I had a similar thing with my wife. Except it was w/ "Gilmore Girls".
                        With my wife, it's "Friends"... she must have at least a dozen episodes on the DVR (each of which she has seen at least half a dozen times!), but if I have a couple of my shows recorded, all I hear is, "Honey... can you please get rid of some of these" ? !?!?

Wow, we've gotten off topic here, but I just had to vent

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                          Well I don't know about solo duties, but I can ride with people who aren't FTO's now (until I report to my permanent duty station then it's solo patrol).
                          Our guys patrol alone upon completing field training. I suppose it's up to the TC, but here they patrol solo once the FTOC certifies to the TC that they are now qualified.

Some are doing so right now. We've found it to be a valuable time for new officers. They get to work with people they know, in an area they know, with supervisors they know. It's a great opportunity to get the feet wet, prior to the transfer date.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            Our guys patrol alone upon completing field training. I suppose it's up to the TC, but here they patrol solo once the FTOC certifies to the TC that they are now qualified.

Some are doing so right now. We've found it to be a valuable time for new officers. They get to work with people they know, in an area they know, with supervisors they know. It's a great opportunity to get the feet wet, prior to the transfer date.
                            I don't mind riding with other Troopers SDT although it would be nice to ride alone in an area I'm familiar with. I'm not permanenty assigned here, I'm only doing FTO training here. Troopers have told me they don't let the new Troopers ride alone anywhere in the Troop until the Major signs off (even if the FTO recommends the Trooper be released to solo patrol).

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              Our guys patrol alone upon completing field training..

Our guys are riding with their primary FTO until they transfer.

Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Actually I have to blame this one on the wife. We only have one TV in the house and in order to watch what I want, I have to first watch what she wants which, sad enough, means I can quote Golden Girls.
                              That is your problem right there... one tv...

I have 5 TVs and you can bet during Football season they are all on as well as every computer on NFL.com checking the scores...

My wife watches all these medical mysteries or else VHI shows like remember the 80's... I think she misses 80's hair!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9831 users online. 472 members and 9359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X