300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fedny View Post
    I just saw on the news that Governor Patterson put a freeze on all state jobs.
    Is this going to hurt us that are waiting for the upcoming classes??
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• post deleted
      Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• re

I hear paying into the state fund, Police and Fire pension Fund might have something to do with carrying time, buy backs, (I think if you were police/fire across state then you could, being that state corrections and state police same entity it might work?? I believe this works with the CITY too, (for example probation officer carries retirement(pension) time to PD so he says.

Can anyone agree to this info??

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
          I can actually retire with benefits at 10 years. Its just that the longer you stay the more pay/benefits you get. 30 years gets you 60% pay and full medical. I planned on only doing 20-25 there. I'd like to know if my state time would carry over at all to SP.
          We can retire with benefits also at 10 years, but they are totally inadequate to provide a living. 20 years with 50% sounds good to me. If you enjoy your job now, stay with it. It sounds like you are having those thoughts now anyway. At least you'll have summers off and be asleep by 11:00pm every night.
          Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
          American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Anyone know if any drop-outs occurred at the Academy so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
              Does every station do FTO training, and how is that station chosen?
              Albany makes a reasonable effort to let people field train close to where they live. Not everyone is always accomodated, however, as there are a limited number of FTO's. This is something that I'm working on, actually. I'd like to see more FTO's. They have a tendency to get promoted, which leaves fewer and fewer all the time.

Albany will pick which Troop you are assigned to for training. Usually a LT in the Troop will decide which zone you will train in. Each zone has a FTOC (a sgt) that will assign you a particular station and assign your FTO's, and monitor your progress throughout training.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Troop L daily activities

I tried this in the NY forum, but didn't get any results. Can any Troopers working on LI desribe what they do day to day. I am aware that NYSP covers the parkways and such, but can anyone elaborate or give a "day in the life of a LI Trooper?"

Comment

• Exam results early may

Sorry to the barer of bad news but the www.nytrooper.com says exam result in early may just updated.

Comment

• post deleted.
                    Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerFAM View Post
                      I tried this in the NY forum, but didn't get any results. Can any Troopers working on LI desribe what they do day to day. I am aware that NYSP covers the parkways and such, but can anyone elaborate or give a "day in the life of a LI Trooper?"
                      Obviously they probably spend most of their time busting guys like this...

Comment

• Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
                        Obviously they probably spend most of their time busting guys like this...

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• wow.....hahaha
                          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Illegal bust

Obviously this photo was taken in Belmar on the Jersey Shore in DJai's when the 'bennies' are in full force. The only thing missing is some lovely looking girl in mid gum chew...

So anyone from NYSP would be out of their patrol area !

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                              Obviously this photo was taken in Belmar on the Jersey Shore in DJai's when the 'bennies' are in full force. The only thing missing is some lovely looking girl in mid gum chew...

That particular breed of human is indigenous to the metropolitan area hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post

And we all know, that never happens.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5996 users online. 265 members and 5731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X