300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
    28 isn't old... some people go back to do a JD or MBA around 28-30 your fine... Don't start thinking old... you've got your 40's and 50's to do that!
    As someone in the 40's club, I can tell you that 40's ain't old either.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I said "thinking old"... 30, 40, 50 your only old if your old in your own mind.

Comment

• Waiting for exam scores is getting old…

Comment

• I just saw on the news that Governor Patterson put a freeze on all state jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            As someone in the 40's club, I can tell you that 40's ain't old either.
            They let you stay in? You must be a life member by now.

Comment

• post deleted
              Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• post deleted
                Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                  Really? Damn. Do you know if any other state time carries over to SP. I have 2 years in the NYS retirement system already.
                  Some count on the front end (those in the same system), some count on the back end (such as NYSDOCS), and some may not count at all (though you get to transfer over your AL, and SL credits)

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                    You can't count your 5th 49th birthday as 40's anymore

More 2 shifts for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
                      They let you stay in? You must be a life member by now.

I know where you live.

Comment

• Does every station do FTO training, and how is that station chosen? I am just curious because there are four stations within 40 minutes of where I live, one large, and three smaller ones. I live smack dab in the middle between SP Middletown and SP Liberty. So, would they choose a more busy station? Thanks

And, does everybody waiting for test scores work a night job that they can wait for the mail man everyday!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          I know where you live.
                          Yes. Yes you do. You also know where I ride ambulance. And we also know a BUNCH of the same people. As a matter of fact, feel free to look me up. I need to talk to someone about a piece of equipment that came across my desk that I have a funny feeling about.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                            Does every station do FTO training, and how is that station chosen? I am just curious because there are four stations within 40 minutes of where I live, one large, and three smaller ones. I live smack dab in the middle between SP Middletown and SP Liberty. So, would they choose a more busy station? Thanks
                            Ugh... Middletown or Liberty would be a toss-up for me. Middletown is fairly busy because of the location, but it's also F Troop HQ. Liberty is mostly complaints - a lot of 911 hangups at the resorts - and traffic. I also know one of the FTOs at SP Liberty. Have fun with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                              Waiting for exam scores is getting old…
                              Lol... Any day now, any day...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                                Not sure what AFAIK is. Do you think they will have me re-do the poly too?
                                I'm just real frustrated witht the whole situation. I took the test in '04. Never heard a thing. I took a teaching job in 2006. Then I get a letter in 2007. Go through the whole processing, I had to call in sick on the first day of school to go to Albany for processing so I kind of put my job in jeopardy (luckily they never said anything) and then they say it looks good for everyone. Even my BI said it looked good. I know its no one's fault I'm just a little frustrated I guess. Now I'm 28 years old and I feel as if I am getting too old to be waiting to start a new career. I'm kind of torn whether or not I would want to go through processing again to maybe get called. I have a great job as of now. This is a good place to find info and get others opinions though and I am glad I found it. Thanks for any help guys.
                                Even if you don't get in for 2 more years, you will still be able to retire almost 20 years before you would be able to as a teacher. That is something to keep in mind.....
                                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5779 users online. 191 members and 5588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X