Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's this I hear that Gov. Patterson is considering proposing a statewide hiring freeze for non-essential agencies? Would the NYSP be affected? I would imagine not, but you never know with politicians these days. My County exec has one in place, so the deputy sheriff's office can not hire anyone.
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
      So what's this I hear that Gov. Patterson is considering proposing a statewide hiring freeze for non-essential agencies? Would the NYSP be affected? I would imagine not, but you never know with politicians these days. My County exec has one in place, so the deputy sheriff's office can not hire anyone.

It's unlcear at this time. In the past, the SP has been exempt from freezes due to the public safety nature of the job. But nobody knows this time.

It's interesting to note that the Governor threatened "hard hiring freezes" if budget cut targets aren't met. I suppose one could infer that this means the current freeze is therefore "soft".
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        It's unlcear at this time. In the past, the SP has been exempt from freezes due to the public safety nature of the job. But nobody knows this time.

It's interesting to note that the Governor threatened "hard hiring freezes" if budget cut targets aren't met. I suppose one could infer that this means the current freeze is therefore "soft".
        This doesn't sound promising to those of us looking for the next 2 classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post

Comment

• Recall election anyone?

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
              This is not good news. I hope this will not effect us that are waiting for the upcoming classes!!! Hopefully this does not add more waiting time!!
              " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• post deleted
                Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
                  Recall election anyone?
                  I don't think theres a provision in NYS law for a recall election...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                    Not good news at all....

I am a newbie. Just found this site. I finished my processing on March 15th of this year, passed everything, and never got a letter. I called last Friday just to be sure it didn't get lost in the mail and they said they hadn't reached my rank # yet. It is disappointing since they told us at eh final processing day that it looks good for all of us to be taken. Any ideas why they cut the class almost in half?

Also, that was the end of the 2004 list. I did take the test again in February. Does anyone know if my last processing would be good for the next class or will I have to get called off of the new list? If I get called off of the new list will I have to re-do the entire processing? I'm sorry if some of these questions may have been answered already, but I've only made it through about 20 pages of this 123 page thread. Thanks for any help.
                    AFAIK... you will be called based on the new list but they will probably treat you like everyone else that has already been though the proscessing... updated BI and new PT test, medical etc.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• post deleted
                      Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                        I don't think theres a provision in NYS law for a recall election...
                        Darn. I just hope he doesn't put a freeze in to effect.

New York State Police

Comment

Not sure what AFAIK is. Do you think they will have me re-do the poly too?
                          I'm just real frustrated witht the whole situation. I took the test in '04. Never heard a thing. I took a teaching job in 2006. Then I get a letter in 2007. Go through the whole processing, I had to call in sick on the first day of school to go to Albany for processing so I kind of put my job in jeopardy (luckily they never said anything) and then they say it looks good for everyone. Even my BI said it looked good. I know its no one's fault I'm just a little frustrated I guess. Now I'm 28 years old and I feel as if I am getting too old to be waiting to start a new career. I'm kind of torn whether or not I would want to go through processing again to maybe get called. I have a great job as of now. This is a good place to find info and get others opinions though and I am glad I found it. Thanks for any help guys.
                          28 isn't old... some people go back to do a JD or MBA around 28-30 your fine... Don't start thinking old... you've got your 40's and 50's to do that!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I'm kind of torn whether or not I would want to go through processing again to maybe get called. I have a great job as of now.
                              This isn't really the job you try out for if you have doubts about completing the task... You say you already have a great job so why ruin a good thing if your heart isn't 100% into it.

Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              Maybe someone can answer better whether it was just military from the prior mixed in or all of the leftovers that didn't make it in to the prior class.

As for being old, GrayPatriot will give ya can give you an idea of the ages of the people he works with.

I think the number was 45 from the 2001 list and they were from all walks of life, not just prior military. Apparently some people wanted the entire class from the 191st to be made up from the 2004 list, they ended up allowing those 45 process. I hope the same goes for the next class but I wouldn't count on it.

At 28 you would be the youngest in my station as of right now!

Comment

Not sure what AFAIK is. Do you think they will have me re-do the poly too?
                                AFAIK = as far as I know

Yes, they will probably redo the poly, if there is a significant amount of time before you are offered the job.

Six months, I don't know.
                                Two years, yes for sure.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10455 users online. 442 members and 10013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X