Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NYIllini
    There is a whole forum dedicated to the mustang! Hmmm I wonder if they have one on the Taurus.
    TheMustangSource.com is the O.com of the Mustang World... there are tons of car specific forums.
    sigpic

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Trooper4985's official theme song

    Comment


    • OK... Back to Academy Talk.

      This is probably for all the Troopers on here. Does anyone know exactly how many recruits showed up to Albany yesterday? There was speculation on here that 105 recruits were invited in total. I would like to see if that could be verified.

      Also, would like to be informed of any drop outs, etc. if that is possible by any means. :-D

      Comment


      • "TheMustangSource.com is the O.com of the Mustang World... there are tons of car specific forums."


        Hey, beautiful stang man. I have an S197 too.....and a about 2 grand in mods (not rice). You should check out mustangforums.com not a bad site, just alot of the same questions.

        What kind of mods do you have, I can only make out what looks like a CDC ducktail on it. PM if you want.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
          OK... Back to Academy Talk.

          This is probably for all the Troopers on here. Does anyone know exactly how many recruits showed up to Albany yesterday? There was speculation on here that 105 recruits were invited in total. I would like to see if that could be verified.

          Also, would like to be informed of any drop outs, etc. if that is possible by any means. :-D

          i will find out wednesday. I will be at the academy at 1pm

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NYIllini
            There is a whole forum dedicated to the mustang! Hmmm I wonder if they have one on the Taurus.
            That reminds me of Jeff Dunham's bit about the Prius

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=qP-tyvBGla4

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
              i will find out wednesday. I will be at the academy at 1pm
              You always come through!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                "TheMustangSource.com is the O.com of the Mustang World... there are tons of car specific forums."


                Hey, beautiful stang man. I have an S197 too.....and a about 2 grand in mods (not rice). You should check out mustangforums.com not a bad site, just alot of the same questions.

                What kind of mods do you have, I can only make out what looks like a CDC ducktail on it. PM if you want.
                That is a good site for mustang talk. Have a Gt with about 7gs into it. Fun toy!!

                Back on topic, does anyone have a mailman that hates your guts?? I bet the guy is going to hide my letter from me when it comes.
                Last edited by goaliebg30; 04-21-2008, 10:20 PM.
                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

                Smokey and the Bandit

                Comment


                • Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                  Back on topic, does anyone have a mailman that hates your guts?? I bet the guy is going to hide my letter from me when it comes.

                  If I were you, I'd have the Iced Tea/ Lemonade ready for him when it starts getting hot. Smooth things over a little bit lol.

                  On a serious note, I'm sure he/she understands the situation you are in, even if you may seem annoying to them. If I was really worried about it though, I would just make sure I met up with the mail carrier and explain to them nicely, how important the letter is to me. I believe anybody (any mail carrier) would understand the importance. Agreed?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                    That reminds me of Jeff Dunham's bit about the Prius

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qP-tyvBGla4
                    haha it definitely does!

                    Comment


                    • There are 104 recruits in the class right now.....
                      Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                      American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                        There are 104 recruits in the class right now.....
                        Great Info!!! I thought there would be 105 as was posted in an earlier post. However, thanks for that info.


                        On another note, I have another quick question.

                        Governor David Paterson nominated Colonel Harry Corbitt to serve as the new Superintendent of the State Police, but who is the "Acting-Superintendent" at this very moment and for how much longer?

                        I have read that the nomination requires Senate approval/ confirmation.

                        Thanks!!

                        Comment


                        • You must excuse me I had no idea you had all that experience... listening to people...

                          I hear the Empire College transfers life experience into credits. All your experience rubbing shoulders with LE and military personnel should easily transfer into a double major in Crim Justice and Military History


                          Military officers in the NYSP are actual pretty common. I am surprised with all your contacts you weren't aware of this. We have a few at my station and there was a more than a few in my academy class, including Capt John McKenna -RIP. Some of these officers are also West Point graduates...

                          When I applied for the FBI they were looking almost exclusively for people with languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Pashtu, and Urdu, or people with IT/Computer experience. Being an officer in the military wouldn't have helped as much as your MOS or what your degree was. At least that is what my applicant coordinator said... Though he was a West Point grad!

                          What is "special ops"?

                          Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
                          .

                          Besides having about 15 troopers working downstairs from me as I am writing this, I personally know 3,

                          out for his 2nd tour with special ops a 1 hr and 1/2 ride to the casino. During which time he has no qualms telling me about his "experiences" in the military
                          Originally posted by weasel3o3 View Post
                          Anyway, NYIllini judging by your signature I assume you left with the rank of capt? I'm curious, why didn't you go FBI or other Federal? Personal reasons I would assume.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                            Great Info!!! I thought there would be 105 as was posted in an earlier post. However, thanks for that info.


                            On another note, I have another quick question.

                            Governor David Paterson nominated Colonel Harry Corbitt to serve as the new Superintendent of the State Police, but who is the "Acting-Superintendent" at this very moment and for how much longer?

                            I have read that the nomination requires Senate approval/ confirmation.

                            Thanks!!
                            Col. Corbitt is now Sup. Corbitt and has been since 04/16 as far as I know... it's posted on the PBA website that he was confirmed on 04/16.
                            sigpic

                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Trooper4985's official theme song

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              Col. Corbitt is now Sup. Corbitt and has been since 04/16 as far as I know... it's posted on the PBA website that he was confirmed on 04/16.
                              Thanks!!!!!!!! I wasn't fully aware that the confirmation took place. That is great news. Reading his bio, not only has he made history by being the first black superintendent, his acheivements appear to grant him a well deserved title as Superintendent.

                              Thanks again Trooper4985!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                                If I were you, I'd have the Iced Tea/ Lemonade ready for him when it starts getting hot. Smooth things over a little bit lol.

                                On a serious note, I'm sure he/she understands the situation you are in, even if you may seem annoying to them. If I was really worried about it though, I would just make sure I met up with the mail carrier and explain to them nicely, how important the letter is to me. I believe anybody (any mail carrier) would understand the importance. Agreed?
                                I Agree MB Troop.
                                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

                                Smokey and the Bandit

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8307 users online. 380 members and 7927 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X