Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts for a while. It has been very imformative. I am a current NYSP candidate who was called for processing last April but had to defer until I finish my college credit requirement this May. I contacted NYSP Recruiting in November to let them know I will be available for the next processing class being it takes approx. 6 months for processing and I would have the credits by the next academy start date. I was told I will be contacted as soon as the next processing starts.

Could anyone tell me if there has been any processing since November or know when the next processing will be or might be?

Thanks
    You've come a long way since this post on January 13th, 2007. Good Luck at the academy.

Comment

• Good Luck to you ATrooper2B
      When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• Any idea when they have to show up tonight?
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• I bet nerves are a little high right now in Albany!

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
            I bet nerves are a little high right now in Albany!
            I was just thinking the same. But they are nerves that are worth going through. I know that I wish I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
              I was just thinking the same. But they are nerves that are worth going through. I know that I wish I was there.
              I second that
              " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliebg30 View Post
                I second that
                Thirded. Best of luck to everyone that reported tonight. Hopefully the rest of us will get our chance soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                  Keep the faith !

Based on the approximate numbers starting and graduating, YOU will be the determining factor in almost all drop outs.

The determination inside YOU will be what makes YOU continue thru graduation and onto FTO and onto patrol alone.

Story; In the 'kinder gentler' era of LE, Dad tells the story of his class in NJSP. 150+ in auditorium for the offical "hello" by the head instructor. StgMajor built like a coke machine steps up says, "Look to your left, now look to the right, remember those faces. If you are still here at graduation, both of those faces will be gone !"
                  When assured that the drop out would not be reported to their local PD 5 hands shot up and left. After they had gone the SgtMaj says, "Of course we will notify their local PD, they don't want quitters any more than we do."
                  The numbers were correct, 54 graduated, he never could remember the faces to either side...

From time to time there will be a little voice inside you that says, "Instructor Smith hates me, or I can't hit the target, or I can't finish this run."
                  Those who listen to that voice will be eventually sorry, don't listen to that negative voice.

The difference between CHAMP and CHUMP is U !
                  I like the quote Bigwill
                  "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

• So do you think all those at Albany are in bed yet, or is the fun just beginning???

Who's ready for their exam scores?? Only two more weeks at the most (hopefully)!!! All this academy talk is making me anxious! These LE agencies teach you patience from the very beginning.

Good luck to all those at the academy. We look forward to your return on officer.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                      So do you think all those at Albany are in bed yet, or is the fun just beginning???

Who's ready for their exam scores?? Only two more weeks at the most (hopefully)!!! All this academy talk is making me anxious! These LE agencies teach you patience from the very beginning.

Good luck to all those at the academy. We look forward to your return on officer.com.

I think there all in bed. There probably getting early for PT tomorrow.

Comment

• Haha all I can think is that they're going to have a rude awakening in about 3 hours. Gosh do I wish it was me....:-P
                        NYSP -7,822...ohhh the waiting game...
                        NYSPP -Test taken 11/15/08

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                          I bet nerves are a little high right now in Albany!
                          Any bets on how long it is before the 1st recruit can crap?
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                              What time do they report?
                              I think it is between 5pm and 8pm.

Originally posted by pdlynbrook View Post
                              I think there all in bed. There probably getting early for PT tomorrow.
                              I know I didn't sleep until around 3:00am my first night. Others were more relaxed I am sure.

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

Comment

• I see a lot of people talking about getting ready for the Academy, but it is still hard to prepare for, to have someone in your face, yelling at you because you cannot carry the 2 duffelbags full of crap you brought because you thought you were setting up a dorm room at the Academy. Then you drop something, and then the heat is REALLY on you. Then you make a wrong turn, or don't follow a simple direction because you are experiencing information overload for the first time in your life. To think, your entire plan was to arrive at the Academy and just be anonymous! I am sure that is what some are feeling right now..............Good luck to all. No one said it would be easy!
                                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7321 users online. 217 members and 7104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X