300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNDAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!

Good Luck to all of you who have been invited to the Academy. Stay strong, focused, and positive.

October 20th is right around the corner!

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
      anyone recieved their scores yet?
      no not yet.

Good luck to everyone headed to the academy this Sunday. enjoy the last day or so and then the fun begins. good luck. remember it all pays off in the end!!
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
        SUNDAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!

Good Luck to all of you who have been invited to the Academy. Stay strong, focused, and positive.

Thanx MB. Hope to see you come in on backfill.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
          SUNDAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!

Enjoy your last day of "freedom."
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared information and insight throughout this process. I won't even attempt to name all of you, but you know who you are. Hopefully you will not hear from me again for 6 months. Thank you, and stay safe.

Comment

• Good Luck to all those that report tomorrow. (Remember to show up with your Running Shoes)

Comment

• Good luck to all those making the drive to Albany. I know you have been inspired by members of this board, and I certainly can tell you that you will be the inspiration for others. Good luck and HAVE FUN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                  Don't quit, they can't kill you, others have made and so will you!
                  This is sound advice.

While you may think they are going to kill you, they will not.

I promise. So don't quit.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    This is sound advice.

While you may think they are going to kill you, they will not.

I promise. So don't quit.
                    OK.
                    NYSP............
                    Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                    Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Good luck at the academy people. If you can't carry everything don't be afraid to ask the nice troopers to give you a hand. They have a few push carts to help those who brought their TVs, microwaves, and other such luxuries...

Remember, they can only drop you for 10 pushups at a time. Also, remember to ask for your stress cards as when you show that piece of gold they can't mess with you for the rest of the day. Don't use it too much in the beginning because it is only good 3 times.

Lastly, don't eat too much of the pizza and crap they give you the first night as the smoke you in the morning... You have been warned!

Comment

• Thanks!

I just wanted to send out a sincere Thank You to all those who have helped out during this entire process. Good luck to my fellow appointee's and those patiently waiting on the backfill list.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone heading to the academy tomorrow. There's been a lot of great stuff in this thread, and hopefully one day I'll be in your shoes.

Stay Strong.
                          New York State Police Exam - 02/09/2008
                          New York Police Department Exam - 02/28/2008
                          Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam - 05/17/2008

Comment

• What time do they report?

Comment

• Keep the faith !

Based on the approximate numbers starting and graduating, YOU will be the determining factor in almost all drop outs.

The determination inside YOU will be what makes YOU continue thru graduation and onto FTO and onto patrol alone.

Story; In the 'kinder gentler' era of LE, Dad tells the story of his class in NJSP. 150+ in auditorium for the offical "hello" by the head instructor. StgMajor built like a coke machine steps up says, "Look to your left, now look to the right, remember those faces. If you are still here at graduation, both of those faces will be gone !"
                              When assured that the drop out would not be reported to their local PD 5 hands shot up and left. After they had gone the SgtMaj says, "Of course we will notify their local PD, they don't want quitters any more than we do."
                              The numbers were correct, 54 graduated, he never could remember the faces to either side...

From time to time there will be a little voice inside you that says, "Instructor Smith hates me, or I can't hit the target, or I can't finish this run."
                              Those who listen to that voice will be eventually sorry, don't listen to that negative voice.

The difference between CHAMP and CHUMP is U !

Comment

• And away we go!

Just wanted to throw all that have been helpful on here a big thank you for all of your info and encouragement. I also want to say good luck to everyone else attending the academy today and any who get called for backfills.

For those of you waiting for your written results and will process for the next classes, keep in mind that this forum is a key element to guys that really want this job. You will learn alot from guys on this forum, use the advice wisely and most of all use common sense. Good luck to all.

I will see/talk to guys again in approx. 6 months.

Signing off...
                                sigpic
                                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8529 users online. 413 members and 8116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X