300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
    I am amazed that it takes so long to grade these exams. Perhaps they have one guy grading them entirely by hand.
    As long as it isn't like NCPD where I took the test in Aug of 2007 and we still haven't recieve ours scores.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      As long as it isn't like NCPD where I took the test in Aug of 2007 and we still haven't recieve ours scores.
      That would drive me crazy!!!
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        Yes it's driving me crazy
        Last edited by STXHammer; 04-16-2008, 11:19 PM.
        When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• Med Bennys...

Any made guys in the north state areas have a preference as to what medical, dental and eye benefits are most deriable for that region? We need to to know our preferred choice of bennys upon arrival to the academy. Any help is well appreciated.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Very good question ATrooper2b. I am also curious about the benefit packages. Parents worked for New York State (DDSO not the State Police ) and they were setup with United Healthcare. Awesome copays (5 bucks for generic prescripts and 18 for Doc visits) and great coverage overall. Different union all together, but that's the tidbit of info I have. I have Delta Dental Premium through my current employer and it's pretty good. 100% coverage for routine stuff like cleanings and x-rays, 85% for things like fillings, 65% for posts, crowns, root canals. I don't consider it to be that great, but after shopping around, that's how most dental insurance is (more out of pocket for more in depth work). Hope this helps a bit.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• New York State Troopers are going to be at a college job fair today. My question is why? The next test isnt until 2012 so what is the point of them being at job fairs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                Any made guys in the north state areas have a preference as to what medical, dental and eye benefits are most deriable for that region? We need to to know our preferred choice of bennys upon arrival to the academy. Any help is well appreciated.
                Empire plan is the way to go... I pay $22/paycheck currently which is dirt cheap if you're single and gives you the option to go pretty much anywhere... even if you have to pay the family rate it's still the best bet in my mind. HMO's are worthless!
                Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I pay $95.10 a month for the Empire Plan (Family).

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  Empire plan is the way to go... I pay $22/paycheck currently which is dirt cheap if you're single and gives you the option to go pretty much anywhere... even if you have to pay the family rate it's still the best bet in my mind. HMO's are worthless!

Comment

• With Empire Plan you don't need referrals, $18 co-pays on general check-ups as opposed to $25 for HMO, and generally just easier to deal with (you can go to your own doctor). BTW vision and dental are free for State employees!

Comment

• I think I have the Empire plan as well. I know I use United Healthcare for Doc visits and such and Medco for Prescriptions. I guess all State employees (or retired ones for my parent's instance) get the same options? If so that is awesome. I can also attest that it is an awesome plan.

Hope I don't sound too political here but I think if anyone should not have to pay out of their paycheck for benefits, it should be LEOs instead of teachers. Just my opinion though.

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• They (teachers) are spoiled, 3 str8 months off a year, plus every student holiday. Decent pay, and for some reason the public thinks they are god's gift to society, like they are green peace activists working for nothing. They do their job just like everybody else. No poly will stand up to them cuz they have pretty much the most powerful union in the USA.
                        Last edited by weasel3o3; 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Agreed on everything said above.

I would much rather have my tax money go to LEOs benefits than teachers. You ladies and gentlemen risk your life day in and day out, frequently work overtime, and most importantly ARE DESERVING of being rewarded in such a way. Teachers whine too much anyway.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post

I agree with all thse who advised Empire Plan. It works everywhere in the state. If you get to some of the more rural parts of the state (like the north country) the coverage for the HMO's is more limited.

Go with Empire Plan, and you can later change to another plan (such as an HMO) once a year during the open enrollment if you want to. I think the open enrollment period is every November.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Sounds like I will be going with the Empire plan. Thanx a mil for your thoughts on this guys.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                                Just in case nobody has mentioned it I think the Empire Plan is pretty good.
                                Empire Plan? Never heard of it. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8676 users online. 459 members and 8217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X