Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same thing happened to me. They had my last college's transcripts, but they wanted all the colleges I attended. I happed to have a set of official transcripts for my own records, if I did not have them I would be screwed.

Comment

• Mike,
      I also had a copy but it was just a photo-copy. I'm glad you were able to solve that issue on the spot and wish I was able to do the same. Everything else on Saturday went well for me but now I have this transcript hanging over my head. I did call the colleges and told them that the written request should be in their inbox today, they confirmed it was and after I told them how crucially important this was they promised to get it out in the next 24 hours.
      After all of this processing and investigation and poly etc. it would relly suck to not be able to land my dream job because of an old transcript.
      Anyway, I'll stop boring everyone on this forum with my petty problems. I wish everyone luck and hope to see all of you on 8 May. Be safe.

Hammer
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Medical

The Medical was a "Go" for me too. No problems at all. Back to running and PT today.. This is gonna a long six months if you don't walk in there somewhat prepared physically and mentally.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of folks had transcript related problems (I had a fresh copy just to make sure that this was not going to be an issue). You guys needs to stay on top of your schools and make sure the nysp receives the transcripts "yesterday" don't want to have to wait 7+ plus months for something so petty. Please post when appt letters start coming in, I won't be able to check my mailbox till next sunday. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• I would really like to know what percentage of the average academy classes have been prior military.....of those who are not military...how many have a 4 year degree, as opposed to the 60 credit min or a associates? I have been curious for a while, but have gotten tired of searching through posts! thanks

Comment

• Monr0e,

I doubt you will be able to find an answer to your question on these forums. May be a good idea to get in touch directly with nysp member hiring, information may be public and you may get a better response if you make a request in writing.

Comment

• thanks! Im sure that you're right...the info is problably available to all, just like similar info regarding political offices and public schools! thanks again and goodluck!

Comment

• Academy Start Date?

Any one here anything about the possibility of the May 8th class being delayed because of the low attendance rate at the Medical last week?

Did they determine the number of candidates that passed the Medical at this time?

Thanks--

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xvet
                    Any one here anything about the possibility of the May 8th class being delayed because of the low attendance rate at the Medical last week?

Did they determine the number of candidates that passed the Medical at this time?

Thanks--
                    I would think no because a recruiter informed me that med invites were sent out up to the the ranks of 4800, all that processed. If that's the case, they would then have to wait until more are processed.

Comment

• I'd bank on the May 8th date if I were you.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by manr0e
                        I would really like to know what percentage of the average academy classes have been prior military.....of those who are not military...how many have a 4 year degree, as opposed to the 60 credit min or a associates? I have been curious for a while, but have gotten tired of searching through posts! thanks
                        50% of mine were prior military and it looked like over half had at least a BA. Around 15% or so were prior LE. The avg age was around 27-28

Also, I am pretty sure they won't give out a reason for not being accepted. This is what I can glean from this and other forums for the past 3 yrs or so. Then again the only way to find out is to contact Albany!

Good luck
                        Last edited by wannabeenytrp; 04-14-2006, 02:36 PM.
                        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• I'm thinking (guessing) they mailed out the letters today, can't see them waiting any longer. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
                            I'm thinking (guessing) they mailed out the letters today, can't see them waiting any longer. Good luck to all.

Remember not to be discouraged if you don't get a letter when everyone else does. They will have over a dozen people on backfill that will have to be ready on a whim; basically they will be waiting by the phone ready to take the place of one of the quitters...

Good luck! I know waiting for the mailman was the worst part of the process. Almost there...
                            Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
                              Remember not to be discouraged if you don't get a letter when everyone else does. They will have over a dozen people on backfill that will have to be ready on a whim; basically they will be waiting by the phone ready to take the place of one of the quitters...

Good luck! I know waiting for the mailman was the worst part of the process. Almost there...
                              Thanks for the feedback and support.. You're right about waiting for the mailman being the worst part. I'd like to leave my current employer some kind of notice to fill my position before I leave, so I hope the letter comes soon. Good luck everyone. If I hear anything, this message board will be first to know. Have a great Holiday..

Comment

• Opps, guess the info was available here. Good job Wannabe (GP). Thanks.

Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
                                50% of mine were prior military and it looked like over half had at least a BA. Around 15% or so were prior LE. The avg age was around 27-28

Also, I am pretty sure they won't give out a reason for not being accepted. This is what I can glean from this and other forums for the past 3 yrs or so. Then again the only way to find out is to contact Albany!

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5780 users online. 153 members and 5627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X