300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSPJOB View Post
    MAKE THE CLASS SIZE 105! MY LETTER CAME TODAY! For all those still waiting, keep the faith, and good luck to everyone.
    Congrats!

Comment

MAKE THE CLASS SIZE 105! MY LETTER CAME TODAY! For all those still waiting, keep the faith, and good luck to everyone.
      Great news. Congrats!

Comment

• Gray patriot is right, its the difference between having a job and having a degree to get you a job.
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats! I knew you would get it. Now, hopefully the other guys waiting on this forum will get theirs too. There's still hope being it seems like letters get sent out right up until the week of a class.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Congrats to all starting the April 20th Academy Class! I just took the January Exam and am hoping for the best. The long wait begins.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Once again, thanks to everyone for the advice and support. I think it is rather clear that I should go ahead with the NYSPP processing and see where it takes me. That also leaves me the option to process with NYSP if that option becomes available too. In regards to online classes, my current school has a good amount of them. I am currently taking 9 credits online, took 3 last semester, and am taking 6 worth in the fall (if I am not in an academy). Once again, thanks for all the advice. O.com has truly been an asset for me.

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
              You are still young and single (I think)
              Haha, I love my girlfriend dearly. However, it's been made very clear that she's not getting a ring until after some academy, FTO, and probation.

Comment

Congrats. I'll see you at the academy.

Comment

• congrats NYSPJOB. keep checking those mail boxes to the guys still waiting
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• You guys may also want to check out Empire State College. They offer entire online programs; not just a few classes. Best yet, it's SUNY Accredited! I got my A.S and am looking to transfer there for my B.S. Pretty reasonable tuition also and very flexible.
                    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                      Once again, thanks to everyone for the advice and support. I think it is rather clear that I should go ahead with the NYSPP processing and see where it takes me. That also leaves me the option to process with NYSP if that option becomes available too.
                      We have one guy in FTO now in my zone who had just graduated from the park Police academy, when we hired him. He did 2 academys back-to-back.

He has no regrets, however. He tells me he's glad he did it.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        We have one guy in FTO now in my zone who had just graduated from the park Police academy, when we hired him. He did 2 academys back-to-back.

He has no regrets, however. He tells me he's glad he did it.
                        Hopefully that's what I'll be doing.

Did I really just say hopefully to back-to-back academys?

Comment

• Troopers on this forum,

According to nytrooper.com, military testing will be held October 4, 2008.
                          The website also states "We anticipate offering additional locations and test dates in the future".

If processing for the first class (from the new list) starts this summer, as long as we scored high enough to be called this summer we won't be bumped, correct? Or would they bump us in the middle of processing, should they hold additional testing while some of us are being processed?

Thanks!

Comment

• I did the back to back academies too. I graduated from the NYS Park police academy Fri. May 5, 2006 and was right back in the NYSP academy Sunday May 7, 2006. There were three of us that got to spend a full, fun filled year at the State police academy. Oh the good memories.
                            Last edited by Jammer24; 04-08-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• When I started processing with the NYSP I was just finishing up my associates degree from the University of Phoenix. There is plenty of work to be done with an online class. A lot of people think of online classes being a joke or an easy way to get a degree but it's certainly not. I tried doing the traditionally college setting out of high school but found I'd rather work FT and go to school at my own leisure. If any one has questions about online classes feel free to ask.

Anyway, if any one decides to try out the online class thing, make sure it's accredited with NY State. With the U of Phx I had to obtain documentation of where they were accredited for my investigator. He initially told me he wasn't sure if my credits were going to count. I nearly keeled over sitting at his desk when he said that lol. Apparently they were okay though since it never came up again after that and I continued with my processing.

If it remains that I don't make this academy class, I plan on finishing up my Bachelors at SUNY Empire. That degree HAS to be accepted by the NYSP haha.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8769 users online. 455 members and 8314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X