300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Ammoman sells .45 gap. $350 delivered for 1000 rounds.
    did some searching last night and came across that site......no shipping cost and works out to $0.35/round. the best i've found at local stores is >$0.44/rnd not including tax.

i still may see what the store will price 1000 rnds at.

what about gun shows? can you do well there?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
      You will take the Glock 37 and LIKE it!

Yeah the trigger takes a little getting used to but once you are used to it, it is not that bad. I also have the Glock 38. I put the same trigger in that one as well. I just want to have the same feel so I don't develop different habits w/ different guns b/c as stated it does take some getting used to.
      hahahaha...if the state will give me that gun i will have no problem using it
      Last edited by goaliebg30; 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM.
      " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Old listers never die

Hopefully you old listers that weren't called retook the test for this next round of qualifications.
        Curious to see how large the list is compared to previous years.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.", Gen D. MacArthur in his farewell speech at West Point.

AMMO; IIRC several thousand posts ago or so the new service weapon uses specific brands of ammo, make sure you get the correct brand/load at a gun show.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          I think GLOCK is a great weapon all around. However Im not a big fan of the "New York trigger"
          Sorry, everyone carries the same gun. Well, almost everybody.
          Last edited by SlowDownThere; 04-04-2008, 06:59 PM.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              The latest information that I have is that the class size will probably be bumped up to around 160 now... just what I hear though.
              I hope your right, but out of 160+ invited to the medical only 140+ showed up and some of those failed, so I don't know how they could put in 160. They would also need some backfill people. I really hope your right for the sake of the people waiting.
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

The latest information that I have is that the class size will probably be bumped up to around 160 now... just what I hear though.
                Yea that keeps me optimistic that I've got a shot still

but I didn't get any yellow envelopes today in the mail so....

...just wait longer

Comment

• Originally posted by arls116 View Post
                  Yea that keeps me optimistic that I've got a shot still

but I didn't get any yellow envelopes today in the mail so....

...just wait longer
                  You still have 2 weeks until the start of the next class, hopefully you'll get that envelope. In the mean time, keep up with your running, situps and pushups.

Comment

• I know this forum is for state police, which is what I am hoping for, but how do you find out about testing for local PD's? I have gone to my local PD's and they tell me to go to the personel dept. in a Gov't center, but they don't seem to know there either. If anyone can give me some help I'd greatly appreciate it. I, like everyone else, need to keep my options open until I at least get my exam score from this past test to see if I even have a chance at the SP. (fingers tightly crossed)!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                      I know this forum is for state police, which is what I am hoping for, but how do you find out about testing for local PD's? I have gone to my local PD's and they tell me to go to the personel dept. in a Gov't center, but they don't seem to know there either. If anyone can give me some help I'd greatly appreciate it. I, like everyone else, need to keep my options open until I at least get my exam score from this past test to see if I even have a chance at the SP. (fingers tightly crossed)!!!!!!
                      http://www.cs.state.ny.us/jobseeker/local/map.cfm
                      Pick the county or counties you are looking to test in.

Comment

I know this forum is for state police, which is what I am hoping for, but how do you find out about testing for local PD's? I have gone to my local PD's and they tell me to go to the personel dept. in a Gov't center, but they don't seem to know there either. If anyone can give me some help I'd greatly appreciate it. I, like everyone else, need to keep my options open until I at least get my exam score from this past test to see if I even have a chance at the SP. (fingers tightly crossed)!!!!!!
                        You should try checking out the NYS Employment forum here @ officer.com

http://forums.officer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174

Comment

• Thanks, these websites really helped. It appears I missed the testing by a few months. I really couldn't find anything that said how often testing was done either. Plus, it seems most county offices require you to reside in that county...not gonna sell my house! Oh well, more reason to strive for the NYSP. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks, these websites really helped. It appears I missed the testing by a few months. I really couldn't find anything that said how often testing was done either. Plus, it seems most county offices require you to reside in that county...not gonna sell my house! Oh well, more reason to strive for the NYSP. Thanks again.
                            NYSP and most other depts. give written exams every 4 years and the cut-off age is usually 35 and up to 37 or 39 if you have a full tour with any military service.
                            sigpic
                            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

Anyone hear more info about the increase in size?

Comment

• If anyone hasn't seen this NY Post article yet, I will paste it here. Bad news overall. I think that Division has a lot more to worry about right now than increasing class sizes unfortunately. If you were called for the medicals though, stay positive. Backfills are a reality. The last class had about 14 called in I believe. That started right away with day one, and went for a week and a half or so. Some people don't show up, some quit the first night, and some take some more time to leave. I respect the ones that decide that the job is not for them and leave early enough to allow someone who really wants the job to take their place. Just be ready to go. I heard that one backfill was called at about 9pm on a Monday while he was in Virginia and he was able to report to the Academy the next day by noon. THAT'S dedication and desire right there! Anyway, here is the article:

April 6, 2008 -- In a stunning 12-hour raid on State Police headquarters in Albany, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office seized numerous e-mail records as part of the newly expanded probe into the Dirty Tricks Scandal, a law-enforcement source told The Post.

The AG's Office also delivered a letter informing the State Police that their longtime in-house lawyer, Glenn Valle - emerging as a key figure in the scandal - could not represent any trooper snared by the investigation or have anything else to do with it, the source said.

The seizure - in which probers painstakingly copied e-mails off the State Police computer servers - began Thursday afternoon and lasted into Friday morning, the source said.

Valle, who has been chief counsel to the State Police since 1989, last year clashed with Republican legislators during a heated state Senate Investigations Committee hearing into the Dirty Tricks Scandal.

At that time, Valle defended the State Police for following directives from then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer's office that instructed them to compile and create records related to Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno's alleged use of state aircraft for political purposes. The records were later turned over to the Albany Times Union.

The Post first revealed the scheme on July 5, and it was confirmed in a report from Attorney General Andrew Cuomo later that month.

Two of the lawmakers on Friday called for Valle to join the exodus of government officials forced out by the scandal.

State Sen. Dean Skelos said Valle, who is paid $154,720 a year, should voluntarily resign to save "a little face" for himself and Gov. Paterson.

Otherwise, "I think he should be fired," said Skelos (R-Nassau).

State Sen. Martin Golden (R-Brooklyn) also said Valle "has got to go," citing Valle's "smug and disrespectful" committee appearance, at which he "purposely did not answer the questions that were put to him" about dirty tricks.

Skelos and Golden said they hoped that Cuomo would subpoena Valle and force him to testify under oath as part of a new investigation launched last week into allegations of political espionage by rogue members of the State Police. Valle's September committee testimony was unsworn.

Two State Police insiders said Cuomo's probe would likely lead straight to Valle.

It was revealed last month that Valle and a deputy held a three-hour meeting with two Spitzer aides on July 18, five days before Cuomo's report.

And on Wednesday, Valle - not then-Acting Superintendent Pedro Perez - summoned the State Police's executive staff into a meeting to discuss the attorney general's new probe, an insider told The Post.

"There hasn't been a superintendent since Tom Constantine who hasn't been controlled by Glen Valle," the source said. "He is the superintendent for all intents and purposes."

Valle, 55, is a former Staten Island assistant district attorney and former assistant state attorney general. In 1985, he joined the State Police as assistant counsel. He was promoted to first assistant three years later before being named to his current post.

Valle, a State Police spokesman, and a spokeswoman for Paterson all declined comment.

Cuomo spokesman John Milgrim would only say that "the office is conducting a thorough investigation with a top-notch prosecutorial team whose only goal is to get to the truth."

"The attorney general has repeatedly said that politics in law enforcement is a toxic brew," Milgrim said.
                                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7872 users online. 428 members and 7444 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X