Clear All

• hahahaha.....
    " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      Ah you remember that eh?

Someone actually brought that stuff?
      Yep, but whether or not they got the crazy idea from you on this forum or just thought the academy was gonna be more like Young Peoples Day Camp, is unknown.
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
        Well, It seemed like a good idea at the time
        Ooops, sorry.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• SDT, did you not go into comedy because there is no pension after 20? I haven't figured out if I read this for entertainment or as a candidate hopeful!!!! Anyway, I have a serious question, which may have been answered, but I don't feel like skimming 100+ pages.
          I have two siblings who have been in serious trouble with the law: drugs, bank theft, DWI's, lots of jail time etc. Could this keep me from becoming a trooper? I would assume not, but I have done that before, and it has backfired! Thanks

Comment

• Hey folks, just checking in here as I'm awaiting my test results from the NYSP exam back in February. Figure I'll be lurking around here alot more once the test results get back and the ball starts rolling. Good luck to all who took the test for this opening!

Comment

• At what point would you guys say if I haven't received a letter yet, I shouldn't expect it to come?
              I still haven't received anything yet, and the doubts are starting to creep in.

Comment

• Kind of off topic but...

What is the feeling of requesting Troop T out of the academy? Does this ever happen? Do you sworn guys feel like it is a good idea? Or would someone be horribly ridiculed for such a request?

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                  Kind of off topic but...

What is the feeling of requesting Troop T out of the academy? Does this ever happen? Do you sworn guys feel like it is a good idea? Or would someone be horribly ridiculed for such a request?
                  Not sure that you can even request T out of the academy A, E, L, and T were closed to my class but once in a while you see recruits staying right in E after FTO. Might want to give yourself some time before you put in for the T-way... Usually guys get drafted to the T-way against their will if there aren't enough volunteers. If after your first roatation at a complaint station, you really like the idea of turning left every 20 miles and working with guys that have many more years on than you... go for it and put in for it. If you are looking at the T-way as a way to get closer to home faster that's one thing but if you're thinking it's an easy gig... give yourself a chance at compliant work... maybe you will be come superstar bound for BCI. Not saying that there aren't some great guys on the T-way but give complaint work a chance too. I work at a complaint station and my folder is 3x as thick as the the guys who are PL hammers because I spend a large majority of my time stopping cars for minor violations and trying to turn those stops into arrests... which I have become semi-successful at.

Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                  At what point would you guys say if I haven't received a letter yet, I shouldn't expect it to come?
                  I still haven't received anything yet, and the doubts are starting to creep in.
                  If I didn't hear anything this week, I would call Employee Hiring... There was another guy in my class that had the same name (we were differentiated by middle initials) and I got 2 appointment packages and he got none. Had he not called... he would have never reported and Division would have written him off.
                  Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-02-2008, 11:26 PM.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                    Kind of off topic but...

Like my esteemed colleagues just mentioned this is not going to happen. I know 3 guys form my station got it after they did their 8 months in B, F, or K Troop. Thewy went to T-3 also, which is where you would want to go…

You should be lucky you live in one of the busiest counties in the state. The experience you would get in 18 months would be more than some with 10+ yrs on in certain stations around the state.

Comment

• Thanks NYIllini, Trooper4985, and GrayPatriot. I wasn't sure how I felt about the T-way yet, but you guys have once again put it into perspective for me. It may be something I look at in the future, if and when I'm out of the academy for awhile. However, as GP pointed out, living in one of the busiest counties would certainly provide me with invaluable experience (if in fact I could get back here). I just finished my internship with the local SD. They work directly with the three barracks in the county so I got to meet a few of the local troopers and work with them occasionally. It was an experience that has only reaffirmed my goal of becoming an LEO, and more importantly, a NYS Trooper. Thanks again.

Comment

• Now that we are on the topic of operational tempo and busy areas... can anyone tell me how K-1 is? I would imagine K-2 and 3 are busy, but how about us guys from the northern Hudson Valley? I know not much happens where Im from.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I emailed my local recruiter last night and he responded this morning. It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but he said if I hadn't received anything yet then I didn't make this class.
                          Heartbroken is a pretty good way to describe how I'm feeling about now. Trying to keep my head up but it's pretty tough when you want something so bad. My only hope is that I scored well enough on the test I took back in February to have a higher list number this time around and have a better shot at making it.
                          Once again best luck to every one that made this class. Hopefully I'll be joining you in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                            I emailed my local recruiter last night and he responded this morning. It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but he said if I hadn't received anything yet then I didn't make this class.
                            Heartbroken is a pretty good way to describe how I'm feeling about now. Trying to keep my head up but it's pretty tough when you want something so bad. My only hope is that I scored well enough on the test I took back in February to have a higher list number this time around and have a better shot at making it.
                            Once again best luck to every one that made this class. Hopefully I'll be joining you in the near future.
                            If the recruiter said they have mailed out all the letters then he would know better than me, but there is always the backfills. There should be around 10 people who will quit within the first few days. I believe they backfill up to the first wednesday. This means roughly 10 people will receive a phone call telling them if they still want the job to have their bags packed and ready to go at a moments notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                              I emailed my local recruiter last night and he responded this morning. It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but he said if I hadn't received anything yet then I didn't make this class.
                              Sorry to hear Dubya. Hope you make the next class. Good luck.
                              sigpic
                              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Sol

I think I'm in the same boat as DubyaSTI, I couldn't take the waiting any longer so I called member hiring and they basically told me to just keep waiting. I'm assuming that I'm not getting an invite. Kinda sucks not knowing either way though.

Is the back-fill thing for real?
                                Does anybody have any idea what the final class size is?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 157 members and 3719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X