Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard the final class size yet? I know the rumors were 100-120.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
      Oh! almost forgot... A big thank you to all of you on this forum that have given me an enormous amount of good advice and info over that last 2 years. Namely: SDT, Trooper4985, GrayState, GrayPatriot, VZMan, ML75, FutureTPR, Dirtyduce, Troopster78, MB Troop, GSP, Trooperhopefull and anyone else that was a help in this long, long, long process. I will take every bit of advice with me to the academy and apply in every way possible.

I won't be able to post here anymore once the academy starts, but will definitely update you guys after graduation.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you that will be there April 20th and those of you who just took the written.
      Congrats!! As I was reading this thread today I was hoping that you would respond with good news. Your posts have been really good and you can tell that you really want this. Good luck in the academy.
      New York State Police Exam - 02/09/2008
      New York Police Department Exam - 02/28/2008
      Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam - 05/17/2008

Comment

• Good luck to all that made it. Come back and give us that are waiting, some of your storys.
        " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• What session number is the April 20th class? 19_?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
            What session number is the April 20th class? 19_?

Thanks!
            The 196th session.
            NYSP............
            Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
            Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue34 View Post
              Congrats!! As I was reading this thread today I was hoping that you would respond with good news. Your posts have been really good and you can tell that you really want this. Good luck in the academy.
              Thanks, Blue34 and good luck to you on your journey with NYSP.
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Short graduation video on the 195th from a while back.
                (down on the middle of the page)

Good inspiration for those of you about to start the academy, and those of us about to start the processing

http://capitalnews9.com/Default.aspx?ArID=110812

Comment

• Letter!!!

Just got my letter today!!! See you guys on the 20th!

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                    Your mail comes at 7am?

Congrats

-edit- 2 shifts on no sleep suck... now I'm wired and couldn't add 2+2 to save my life. Sorry, forgot you were already one of "Us" as opposed to "Them"
                    Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-01-2008, 08:12 AM.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                      You must be hardcore to go through the academy twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
                        You must be hardcore to go through the academy twice.
                        LOL, is it April 1st already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                          Good luck to everyone who made it. It is worth it. Remaining anonymous will be hard in a small class, so don't do anything to draw attention to yourself. If your going to come into the Academy on the 20th, make sure you don't just bring your own cup of coffee with you, make sure you have enough for the training officers also. I believe there is a Dunkin Donuts across the road......
                          I wouldn't eat a big lunch on your first day as the academy staff has pizza and sodas for you. After that first night it is all down to business though...

Comment

• Hello Everyone!!!

Hello everyone. I just took the test in Jan and I am now awaiting the results. I just wanted to introduce myself, say congrats to everyone that made the last class, and welcome everyone joining from the new list. Hope to hear from you guys soon and keep this thread alive with the new list!!

Comment

• More Troopers on LI???

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny...,3127213.story

Suozzi, Levy to call for cuts to highway patrols
                              BY RICK BRAND AND REID EPSTEIN

[email protected]; [email protected]

April 1, 2008

Playing political hardball, Long Island's county executives today will announce plans to begin taking its highway patrol officers off the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway starting May 1 to counter state budget cuts.

Nassau's Thomas Suozzi and Suffolk's Steve Levy, within view of the expressway, will disclose plans for a phased withdrawal in a noon news conference in Melville, starting with a 25 percent cutback.

"We are left with no choice but to start removing county officers from state roads and make the state police perform its role," Levy said.

The counties are undertaking the power play in the wake of a tentative state budget plan that calls for a 2 percent across-the-board reduction in county revenue sharing. Nassau and Suffolk officials say the cuts add $4 million to the $10 million in state budget reductions each county was facing.

Under the executives' plan, Nassau and Suffolk make further 25 percent cuts every three months until there are no patrols as of Feb. 1, 2009. Nassau has more than 175 highway officers; Suffolk, about 90.

Each county spends $12 million annually to patrol local state highways while state troopers perform that same function in the rest of the state. On Long Island, troopers patrol the state parkways and Sunrise Highway on the East End.

Gary DelaRaba, Nassau Police Benevolent Association president, called the move "a good negotiation position" and supports the county's efforts to recoup lost state aid. But he added, "I don't think this is a practical way to go. Everyone should use their heads before they take positions to put the public safety in jeopardy."

"It's an absolute disgrace," said Jeff Frayler, Suffolk PBA president, adding that a fast response from highway units is "vital to public safety."

Levy said he has asked the prior two governors to put state troopers on state highways but his request was denied. "Ironically, they tell Long Island no," Levy said. "But Gov. [Eliot] Spitzer earlier this year proposed sending 200 state troopers to upstate cities like Buffalo to patrol neighborhoods up there."

In his State of the State message, Spitzer had called for using troopers to patrol high-crime areas in upstate cities.

Comment

• Re: more toopers on LI?

Hopefully that will be the case That would give us LI guys a better chance at coming back here, if we make it on the force
                                "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5591 users online. 265 members and 5326 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X