300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted. thank you
    Last edited by manr0e; 04-09-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• deleted. thank you
      Last edited by manr0e; 04-09-2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manr0e

Oh well, i guess! Thank you all for your comments....i dont think I will be reading posts too frequently anymore considering that they will problably never pertain to me. Goodluck to all who will be leaving for Albany in the near future.

Can't hurt to give it a shot! Plus, 10 yrs will be pass you by like a blink of an eye
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• deleted. thank you
          Last edited by manr0e; 04-09-2006, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manr0e
            ..... Right now, i feel like Im on the way to becoming a night-shift stock by at Walmart who spends his days as a Trooper wannabe! thanks again

That's just the initial dissapointment working. Don't make any firm decisions while you feel this way. Give it a few days, you'll feel differently.

I would recommend that you take a police exam in a few years. You don't want to go through life wondering if you could have become one. If you take it and then get DQ'd, at least then you will know. Right now, you don't.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• deleted. thank you
              Last edited by manr0e; 04-09-2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• What will we know after tommorrow?

I guess we won't know officially that we've been hired until they send out the letters. But if for some reason they have concerns with something on the medical will we know we are not in or do you have to wait for that also? Good luck to all and I will being seeing you in the morning.
                When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• I passed all of the parts of the medical exam, and now it is back to waiting for the mail. The academy uniforms are now BDU pants with polo style shirts. They had some laid out for us to choose sizes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGratton
                    I passed all of the parts of the medical exam, and now it is back to waiting for the mail. The academy uniforms are now BDU pants with polo style shirts. They had some laid out for us to choose sizes.

WTF!!!!

You are being deprived the honor of wearing the same uniforms that 10 CO's wore then countless brother Troopers wore? Are they going to make you pay for them? Are you still going to be in suit's for the first few weeks or straight into BDU's?
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985
                      Are they going to make you pay for them? Are you still going to be in suit's for the first few weeks or straight into BDU's?
                      Yes, it sounded like we are going to have to pay for them. I don't know when we will get them, but it would be nice if we didn't have to buy extra suits to wear around while we wait for uniforms.
                      Last edited by RGratton; 04-08-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• All went well for me today, didn't see anyone fail the s/u or p/u.

I think the regular greys looked better than the bdu's with polo style shirt but at this point, i would wear anything just as long as i get a slot. Highest door number i saw today was about 256, looks good for everyone who attended.

Comment

• From my uneducated opinion, I like the look of the BDU and polo.

They did actually seem to be pretty strict about the situps, but I didn’t see anyone fail. No problems on my end, no pun intended.
                          Last edited by RGratton; 04-09-2006, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• All went ok for me as well. I will wear whatever they put in front of me just so long as I can get out of the suit . I didn't see anyone fail the PT part but i did see some have alot of trouble. I weighed in at 18 lbs over but there were some guys who were 20-30 lbs under.
                            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone,

I have been viewing this site for a week or so, never knew it existed before
                              then but am very happy to have found it and especially this forum. Going
                              back and reading all of the posts is like going the process again. I took the
                              test in 2001 and was called to process in September 20003 but I was on my
                              to Iraq with my National Guard Unit. They told me to call when I got back,
                              so I did. Long story short I did the initial processing weekend 22-23 October,
                              my polygraph was completed the day after Thanksgiving, so yesterday's
                              processing was a long time coming for me.

I had no issues yesterday or anyway along the process thankfully and I feel
                              really good about that but know that it is no guarantee. I was told they
                              never received my college transcripts, I couldnt believe it. They said they
                              would look again and call me Monday. Of course as soon as I got home from
                              the academy yesterday I filled out and mailed out the trancript
                              requests...again...overnight. Anyone else have this happen?

Sorry for the long post, like I said first time on here. I wish everyone luck
                              and I will be checking here daily.

Also to all of the prospective, active and retired Troopers that post here,
                              thank you all for your advice and time this is a great forum

Hammer
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Transcript

Hammer - I sent you a PM.

I had the same thing happen to me with the transcript. I saw a lot of people in the same situation as us. I will go to the school first thing tomorrow morning fill out a transcript request and have it sent out to them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7942 users online. 337 members and 7605 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X