300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bighurt010 View Post
    with little less then 4 weeks away what are some of you guys doing to prepare physically.... what kind of workout schedule throughout the week are you guys foloowing.... thanks
    I'm currently doing 12 oz curls... My goal for the night is 12 but I'm so tried I will probably only be able to put up 4 or 5 ... If you look really deep in this thead... possibly under my SN... you will find a very helpful PT routine.
    Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• NYSP61-
      While I'm not familiar with this place (yet. I'll be making a trip there sometime this week too) a lot of other places offer this service for free. It's just a few minutes worth of time, and they're not giving any consumable products away. The hope is that their investment up front will help promote the sport, and that their customer service will keep you coming back to them.

Anyone interested in their wetsuit demo this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
        Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good place I'll have to get over there this week and see what they say.
        Anybody know of any place on the island like that store please let me know because my feet are wide and flat and I go threw a pair of shoes a month now with all of the running I do now.
        NYSP............
        Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
        Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
          Anybody know of any place on the island like that store please let me know because my feet are wide and flat and I go threw a pair of shoes a month now with all of the running I do now.
          Check out the Long Island Running website. They should have some links for reputable stores on the island. http://www.lirunning.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
            Check out the Long Island Running website. They should have some links for reputable stores on the island. http://www.lirunning.com/
            That is a great site with lots of info on stores in my area. Thanks for the heads up on that site and I will be going to a store on that site tommorrow for some sneakers.
            NYSP............

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
            Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

'the runners edge' in farmingdale......i believe main street....not sure though

they do the same thing w/ having you run around and junk.

i went there for my academy sneaks, and will always now go there. they're legit, they showed me a $140 pair but told me the $80 ones were right for me.
              they are quite ridiculous looking however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                'the runners edge' in farmingdale......i believe main street....not sure though

they do the same thing w/ having you run around and junk.

i went there for my academy sneaks, and will always now go there. they're legit, they showed me a $140 pair but told me the $80 ones were right for me.
                they are quite ridiculous looking however.
                That store was on that web site also and they are going to be my second stop, but if you say they were good and reasonable I will hit there first. Thanks.
                NYSP............

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                  Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good place I'll have to get over there this week and see what they say.

Do they charge extra for their services, or are they built into the price of the shoes?
                  They don't charge anything more, and from what I could tell, their pricing was competative with any of the other stores I have been to.

Comment

• Runners edge in farmingdale, tell them its for the police academy and you will get a 20% (or 25%) discount.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                      Runners edge in farmingdale, tell them its for the police academy and you will get a 20% (or 25%) discount.
                      BULLS!TT!!!!!! whydidn't anyone tell me this before my academy!!

oh well, next 10 prs i get will be 'for the academy'

Comment

• sounds dishonest to me... didn't you just "graduate" from the academy

Comment

• no they give the discounts to law enforcement. It doesnt matter if your in the academy or on the streets. If your out/ currently in the academy they will ask for ID, if your accepted to the academy just tell them and you get the discount.

My running shoes were 110 bucks and w/ the discount they were 80something.
                          sigpic

Comment

• At the medical they said something about the family orientation, but it didn't say anything about it in the package. Does anybody know about how and when they will let you know about it or should I just call my recruiter anyway.
                            NYSP............

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                              BULLS!TT!!!!!! whydidn't anyone tell me this before my academy!!

oh well, next 10 prs i get will be 'for the academy'
                              Come on... $60+K right out of the academy and you can't afford a pair of sneakers? Now I'm gonna sound like many of the senior guys... when I came on (I didn't make $24,308 ) I made $39K out of the academy and a 5 year Trooper made $55k.

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                              If your out/ currently in the academy they will ask for ID, if your accepted to the academy just tell them and you get the discount.
                              Do the recruits still have a 3"X5" card with their name and thumb print on it as their ID in the academy?

Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
                              At the medical they said something about the family orientation, but it didn't say anything about it in the package. Does anybody know about how and when they will let you know about it or should I just call my recruiter anyway.
                              If memory serves me... you will get a notification about the orientation when you get your appointment offer for the academy.
                              Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

At the medical they said something about the family orientation, but it didn't say anything about it in the package. Does anybody know about how and when they will let you know about it or should I just call my recruiter anyway.
                                They told my group that we need to contact our recruiter when we receive our appointment letter and our recruiter will set up an appointment to conduct the family orientation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7397 users online. 406 members and 6991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X