Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about location pay. I know it has been talked about before but I can't seem to find it in this thread that is 2718 deep now. How is the location comp pay for the downstate counties broken down? What are the chances of getting K or F troop out of the academy because I know I am not going to get troop L?
    NYSP............
    Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
      I got my letter, ThanK God!!! All the waiting has been worth it!! Good Luck to everybody waiting. I will definitly be there on the 20th. See you all up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
      Congrats trooperhopefull, good luck at the academy.

Comment

• Congrats people and I am sure the rest of you will receive those letters Monday or Tuesday...

Originally posted by GrayState View Post
        Congrats guys on the invites. Remember to stop posting here once you start, but don't be lame... come back when you finish the academy

Anyone have the official word on the class size?

I first started posting in early '03 before the name change and you will see these guys fall off the face of the earth after the academy. Trooper4985 provided me with assistance prior to me going and helped me out and I try to do it for other trooper Candidates. It is a simple pass it on process...

Originally posted by trooperhopefull View Post
        I have a question about location pay. I know it has been talked about before but I can't seem to find it in this thread that is 2718 deep now. How is the location comp pay for the downstate counties broken down? What are the chances of getting K or F troop out of the academy because I know I am not going to get troop L?

Chances are very high you will get F or K out of the academy. It is almost 30% got to B, 30% F, 30% K, and the remainder D, G, C, and maybe E...

Kinda advised against discussing salary amongst other agencies and here I am posting it on a public forum... Oh well!
        With 3 yrs on a trooper's base salary is:

Upstate $71,478
        O/P/DU $72,779
        NYC/R/W $79,280
        Suff/Nass $80,957

Right out of the Academy but your not getting LI or the city...
        Upstate $61,525
        O/P/DU $62,826
        NYC/R/W $69,326
        Suff/Nass $71,003

With one year on:

Upstate $65,358
        O/P/DU $66,658
        NYC/R/W $73,159
        Suff/Nass $74,835

Comment

• Congratulations !

Hearty slap on the backs to all of you for the next class in April. An incredible long haul and shows all of us new guys and gals what determination really means.

Remember that all of you will have a moment in Albany when doubts and fears creep into your thoughts.

DON'T LISTEN, REMEMBER THE MOMENT WHEN YOU OPENED THE INVITE !

HAPPY EASTER !

Comment

• Congrats to everyone who received their letter! To those waiting, good luck! I'm sure it will be coming next week. It seems like most of the people who post here end up getting called.
            New York State Police Exam - 02/09/2008
            New York Police Department Exam - 02/28/2008
            Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam - 05/17/2008

Comment

• I got my letter too. Congrats to everyone else and good luck to the guys still waiting. I went away for the weekend and came home to grate news and the BIG yellow envelope. The LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait is over.

Comment

• academy

with little less then 4 weeks away what are some of you guys doing to prepare physically.... what kind of workout schedule throughout the week are you guys foloowing.... thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                  Remember to stop posting here once you start, but don't be lame... come back when you finish the academy
                  true. they knew who i was and called me out at briefing....you'll all know what that means soon enough

edit: also, sorry about the messed up window in b9. your problem now!
                  Last edited by Dr. Peebody; 03-24-2008, 07:54 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

• Originally posted by bighurt010 View Post
                    with little less then 4 weeks away what are some of you guys doing to prepare physically.... what kind of workout schedule throughout the week are you guys foloowing.... thanks
                    aside from working out, also start getting your *** out of bed @5am so it won't be a shock when you get to the academy.

Comment

• Workouts

There are lots of workouts you can find on line that show graduated progressions.

I personally think that having a workout partner to train with makes everything much easier.....or.....using a personal trainer (see FT in your area) at a local gym.

NOBODY gets up every day and says "I want to punish myself today !", a partner or trainer keeps you "up" for those blah days.

A month is plenty of time to build up your stamina/wind/strength IF you train every day and use proper nutrition as well.

Get new sneaks NOW and use them NOW. Go to a store where runners go, not the local discount store in the mall, for the right shoes, have the salesman (if the salesman is fat, move on) watch you run so that you get the proper shoe design for you foot placement and body weight.

Once you have trained with them for a couple of weeks and they feel fine, ORDER another pair, as you will wear out the first pair quickly at the Academy.
                      Break the second pair in PRIOR to Academy for a week or so every other workout (no blisters then).

Train OFF treadmills and on a hard surface so that your legs get used to the pounding (it appears that Academy runs on macadam or gym floors, anyone that "knows" can chime in here.) and you can avoid shin splints and stress fractures. (also known as "see you again next class")

Good luck, train hard but smart, eat and sleep correctly, cut back to zero booze.

Remembe,r by the invite, the NYSP feels you have the qualities they REQUIRE

Keep your focus and keep your determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                        Here is a great running store in NY, four locations. http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/store-locations
                        Yeah, that's where I buy my stuff. If you have a couple minutes, they'll put you on the treadmill and video tape your running pattern so you can understand what you need. Great place.

Comment

• our new boss.......

Harry J. Corbitt

anyone know anything about him?

the news said he retired in 2004, but gave no other details on who he is/was w/ the nysp
                          Last edited by Dr. Peebody; 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,7523026.story

Corbitt nominated to be next superintendent of state police
                            March 24, 2008

ALBANY, N.Y.

Harry Corbitt has been nominated to be the next superintendent for the New York State Police.

The 60-year-old has served in the Army, as a New York state trooper, and eventually earned the rank of colonel. He is a former deputy superintendent of internal affairs for the agency.

His experience:

_Served in the U.S. Army in the Military Intelligence Division between 1966 and 1972. He received the Bronze Star Medal for combat.

_Joined the New York State Police in 1978 and served as a trooper in Troop E until 1984.

_Promoted to sergeant in 1984 and put in charge of the Basic School at the State Police Academy.

_Promoted to captain in 1991 and major in 1993.

_In 1994, became the staff inspector for employee relations at the state police, with a focus on racial profiling.

_Became a colonel in 1997 when he became the deputy superintendent for employee relations.

_In 2001, became deputy superintendent in charge of internal affairs. He worked there until his retirement in 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                              Here is a great running store in NY, four locations. http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/store-locations
                              Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good place I'll have to get over there this week and see what they say.

Do they charge extra for their services, or are they built into the price of the shoes?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dr. Peebody;1159061]http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,7523026.story

QUOTE]
                                dont mean to get off the beat here but Dr.peebody beat me to it..any word on the new guy? sounds like he is qualified for the job.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Publ...ate_Police.cfm
                                " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8082 users online. 366 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X