300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Is there any luck in being told to 'bend over' That's just preperation for being a Division Employee
    This is true! LOL When I did my final medical, I remember some people failing at the pushups and situps. It would suck to get that far and get eliminated from the process 33 days before the academy starts. You are correct though, I haven't heard of anyone failing the "bend over" portion of the exam!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      I spoke with two of our new guys (In FTO now) last night, and they really love the job so far. Maybe Phoenix23 was one of them?

But just 3 weeks in, who wouldn't.

FTO is great, I'm really learning a lot. My FTO and I have got mixed up in some cases that have resulted from simple traffic stops. These are usually the ones that lead to much more. Looking beyond the traffic stop is definitely a good skill to have!

I found out I'm going to Troop B, which was my 2nd choice so I'm happy with that. I'm not sure when we'll find out our actual station, but I'm it'll be soon.
      Last edited by phoenix23; 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        FTO is great, I'm really learning a lot. My FTO and I have got mixed up in some cases that have resulted from simple traffic stops. These are usually the ones that lead to much more. Looking beyond the traffic stop is definitely a good skill to have!

I found out I'm going to Troop B, which was my 2nd choice so I'm happy with that. I'm not sure when we'll find out our actual station, but I'm it'll be soon.
        Hey Phoenix, where are you hoping to eventually land as a permanent station?
        "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• Order

Is this the correct order that you get processed in?

Written Exam
          Physical
          Psych Evaluation
          Polygraph
          Medical
          Academy
          "Excellence Through Knowledge"

Comment

• Any of the NY Troopers on here know Trooper Chris Neidert? Was in the Marines with him and have been trying to track him down.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• Originally posted by SRidgway27 View Post
              Is this the correct order that you get processed in?

Written Exam
              Physical
              Psych Evaluation
              Polygraph
              Medical
              Academy
              Processing order:

Initial Processing weekend (Saturday: PAT, Document turn in, Paperwork, Eye exam, More Paperwork. Sunday: Written Psych exam, Hearing test, Schedule time to meet Psychologist)
              Meet BI (Will tell you when you will take Polygraph)
              Medical
              Academy

And if you do not make that class you get to do it all over again.

Comment

• I know we talked about this a couple of posts ago, but has anyone heard anything about increasing the class going in April. Info's stopped about the SRO program, and I was under the impression that if it was kept, the class increases, but due to the number of potential recruits that showed up on Saturday......... looks like no increase to the class. Would the SP hold another medical to up the number of the class size?

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                  I know we talked about this a couple of posts ago, but has anyone heard anything about increasing the class going in April. Info's stopped about the SRO program, and I was under the impression that if it was kept, the class increases, but due to the number of potential recruits that showed up on Saturday......... looks like no increase to the class. Would the SP hold another medical to up the number of the class size?
                  This is from the New York state Senate Finance Committee:

Division of State Police
                  The Senate concurs with the Executive’s All Funds recommendation of $668 million, a decrease of $66.8 million or nine percent from SFY 2007-08 levels, with the following modifications:

The Senate rejects the Executive’s proposal to redeploy 92 State Troopers assigned as School Resource Officers to assist in crime reduction efforts as part of Operation IMPACT. Instead, the Senate adds funding of $5.6 million for a new class of troopers.

This was released on 12 March so it will depend on how strongly Paterson supported pulling the SRO's out. Hopefully he thinks that he should start off on a good foot and bends in this area.

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sws/08...Resolution.pdf

Comment

• DirtyDuce

Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
                    This is from the New York state Senate Finance Committee:

The Senate rejects the Executive’s proposal to redeploy 92 State Troopers assigned as School Resource Officers to assist in crime reduction efforts as part of Operation IMPACT. Instead, the Senate adds funding of $5.6 million for a new class of troopers.

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sws/08...Resolution.pdf
                    I read the senate report, I don't understand the part at the bottom,

"The Senate adds new language to amend section 223 of the Executive Law to require the Superintendent of the State Police to provide a School Resource Officer at each location in which a School Resource Officer was provided at any time during the period of September 1, 2007 through and including January 31, 2008.

I think I need Layman's Terms.

And the 5.6 million? Is this for 2 classes this year?

Comment

I read the senate report, I don't understand the part at the bottom,

"The Senate adds new language to amend section 223 of the Executive Law to require the Superintendent of the State Police to provide a School Resource Officer at each location in which a School Resource Officer was provided at any time during the period of September 1, 2007 through and including January 31, 2008.

I think I need Layman's Terms.
                      It means the Senate is requiring the SP to keep it's SRO's in schools that already have them, but doesn't require SRO's in schools that don't already have them.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

And the 5.6 million? Is this for 2 classes this year?
                        Actually, that budget is for all new recruits in the next 2 classes will be issued 24k gold guns, badges, belt buckles, hat pins, whistles, handcuffs, ASP batons and teeth for anyone who might be missing a few.

They will continue this procedure in 2009 if most of the Troopers don't sell their equipment on ebay.

All kidding aside, 5.6 million sounds like alot for 2 classes, but after you figure all training and salary costs for atleast 200+ new recruits at 25k each (6 months) it just about evens out (25,000 X 200 = 5,000,000). So, it's pretty safe to assume that between the next 2 classes they will hire slightly over 200 people throughout 2008.
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

It means the Senate is requiring the SP to keep it's SRO's in schools that already have them, but doesn't require SRO's in schools that don't already have them.
                          Would a hiring freeze apply to the State Police?

**I misread the article initially
                          Last edited by ML75; 03-19-2008, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation.

I guess the upcoming class is going to be a smaller one then, chosen out of the 140+ people that showed up at the medical and passed.

Small class= can't hide in the masses

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                              Would a hiring freeze apply to the State Police?

**I misread the article initially

It sure doesn't sound like it will apply, since the are budgetting for additional classes.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation.

I guess the upcoming class is going to be a smaller one then, chosen out of the 140+ people that showed up at the medical and passed.

Small class= can't hide in the masses
                                While it's great to hire lots of people, smaller classes are better in some ways.

Smaller class size, less crowded dorms etc.

Ask Gray State what it's like to live in the dorms with a big class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10678 users online. 484 members and 10194 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X